Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

The fact that I believe that it's coming June 1st :bebe:

I don't even believe that the album exists. At least not with this name. But I might bite my tongue

9 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't even believe that the album exists. At least not with this name. But I might bite my tongue

The font being confirmed by the girl who did it makes me believe it’s coming soon or soonish. I don’t think she did one for WHF during Chemtrails era; the title seems to be set in stone this time around. Both Chemtrails and RCS have very blurry timelines, which makes it very hard to confirm or not if she is done with RCS or still in the middle of it (even by her standards, to say June 1 if she is still not done would be dumb AF, but it’s not our first rodeo with her I guess).

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

The font being confirmed by the girl who did it makes me believe it’s coming soon or soonish. I don’t think she did one for WHF during Chemtrails era; the title seems to be set in stone this time around. Both Chemtrails and RCS have very blurry timelines, which makes it very hard to confirm or not if she is done with RCS or still in the middle of it (even by her standards, to say June 1 if she is still not done would be dumb AF, but it’s not our first rodeo with her).

The girl deleted the post, it doesn't mean the album doesn't exist but I just wanted to let you guys know that 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Just now, uvbabe said:

Do we know this for real? 

nope but she tweeted "rolling stone - photos of me working on set with my sister while im not working on music" and im pretty sure cocc was already finished at the time

1 minute ago, uvbabe said:

Do we know this for real? 

Nobody knows for sure, we’re only speculating. Chemtrails seems to have ended with the beginning of the pandemic, but who knows when she started working on new songs that didn’t end up on COCC.

Part of me fears that RCS won’t get the promo it deserves. Now that the pandemic is at the tail end, a lot of big name artists are slated to release (Lorde, Adele, Billie?)

Not that Lana cares as much about promo as others, but it would be hard to get her “revenge” across. 

So it’s either coming soon before other artists race to get their stuff out or it will be pushed back. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Nobody knows for sure, we’re only speculating. Chemtrails seems to have ended with the beginning of the pandemic, but who knows when she started working on new songs that didn’t end up on COCC.

Oh, I thought she said something about it in the Rolling Stone interview... but it would be weird I guess since she's supposed to be promoting her one-week-year-old album. 

5 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Part of me fears that RCS won’t get the promo it deserves. Now that the pandemic is at the tail end, a lot of big name artists are slated to release (Lorde, Adele, Billie?)

Not that Lana cares as much about promo as others, but it would be hard to get her “revenge” across. 

So it’s either coming soon before other artists race to get their stuff out or it will be pushed back. 

but she doesnt need all that. her revenge will be releasing a meaningful body of work by her own terms that doesn't need the approval of critics or the GP :makeup2:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, uvbabe said:

Oh, I thought she said something about it in the Rolling Stone interview... but it would be weird I guess since she's supposed to be promoting her one-week-year-old album. 

That interview is very meh. We learn nothing, except that she recorded a 11-minute poem and that on Chemtrails, she said to Jack that she wanted him to go bigger and add more twists to the end of songs. Other than that, we learn basically nothing. The journalist did specify that he asked her some questions about new music but that she remained vague on the subject. 

7 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

And Rihanna

6 hours ago, uvbabe said:

This is so cool

I’d cringe really hard if this was the real thing tbh looks like kids’ Reputation I don’t think she should give this MUCH attention to articles enough to make them the album cover :rip: And then strike on top of it as if she didn’t care when she still made it the album cover :rip: messy all around

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

5 hours ago, AphroditeBaby said:

I don't think Jack held her back at all, lol.

She herself said in that Grammy interview that during the making of NFR, she expected the record to be more Venice Bitch-MAC psychedelic etc, but once they were making the rest of the songs, they decided to keep it more of that piano, singer-songwriter laurel canyon vibe, and she thought the two gelled well together.

With COCC, it seems like they were removing sounds/instruments and really highlighting her vocals on purpose, even if she did try to push Jack to go harder and she feels like they could've worked on the overall records sound some more. I've been a studio musician before, and being asked to 'go harder' or whatever is not really a critique or whatever. It's just about making sure everyone is on the right page. Sometimes you go to record something and you think you have an idea of what they want, and then they elaborate and you adjust. Sometimes its 'can you play that more aggressively?' or 'can you improvise' etc.
I really don't think it means that much. 

That being said, I still support a Zach Dawes album just because I want to know what it sounds like. Jack is an amazing producer though. 

SHE DID NOT JUST STRAY AWAY LIKE THAT FROM THE TWO BEST SONGS ON NFR :trisha:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America