Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, shady said:

but I she failed in her BTD, UV and NFR era I highly doubt she will now

i also doubt it but madonna got her first musical grammy with ray of light, her 7TH studio album. so even though it's going to be hard for her to top NFR, she still has chances, especially now that they're only gonna consider critical acclaim from now on (should've done than in 2019, but whatever)

50 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Its 100% going to Olivia for AOTY,ROTY,BNA

SOTY  - maybe willow(?????), HTE, Drivers license 

Pop album also Olivia/evermore/Positions/Doja

Doja might win the Pop duo wIth SZA.(were there any better or popular collabs ???)

Halsey said she wont ever submit to the grammys. 

Chem might be nominated in Pop/AOTY(highly doubt..even tho is one of the best records for this year).

honestly this seems pretty accurate - also omg i didn’t know halsey said that (but thinking about it, that makes a lot of sense bc hfk/manic were def grammy worthy), i hope more artists besides her and the weeknd start doing that so the grammys have less meaning, but for now:hooker:

although i definitely see chemtrails getting nominated in probably at least two categories. it may not be a fan fav album but the acclaim it’s gotten is great, and honestly it’s a beautiful & cohesive record. 

14 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i also doubt it but madonna got her first musical grammy with ray of light, her 7TH studio album. so even though it's going to be hard for her to top NFR, she still has chances, especially now that they're only gonna consider critical acclaim from now on (should've done than in 2019, but whatever)

Lana still has in it her to top NFR. Chemtrails was made in like a year and she wasn't even sure about it and yet it's her second most acclaimed record. I can see BB being another peak for her.

Since Norman's release critics changed their mind about Lana and even with qftc and all her recent controversies they seem to respect her more as an artist than before. I'm sure Honeymoon would get straight 10s from critics if it was released today.

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, brandon said:

honestly this seems pretty accurate - also omg i didn’t know halsey said that (but thinking about it, that makes a lot of sense bc hfk/manic were def grammy worthy), i hope more artists besides her and the weeknd start doing that so the grammys have less meaning, but for now:hooker:

although i definitely see chemtrails getting nominated in probably at least two categories. it may not be a fan fav album but the acclaim it’s gotten is great, and honestly it’s a beautiful & cohesive record. 

Yupp. She got mad when her album didnt get nom or also for duo with BTS.

And reposted WEEKNDS story. 

But grammy committee  is so dumb... kanye pissed on the award and he still got nominated ?

2 hours ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Your reasons of not wanting her to get a grammy are irrelevant. Lana herself has said she cares and wants a grammy (and definitely deserve one) so  that’s enough reason that the fans want to see her get a grammy. I do think it is political and basically just a popularity contest, but who are we to say it’s an unnecessary accomplishment when the artist herself wishes she gets one

i think they mean it's unnecessary in general, the grammy awards don't mean anything besides "congratulations, you were very popular and you had connections in the industry, here's a cute little award" which definitely fits billie eilish, she's extremely popular and didn't her parents have connections with the music industry from the start? i'm not saying she's untalented or that she doesn't deserve anything, but winning five grammys in one night is excessive, and what's even worse is the fact that she didn't even mention lana in her speech, she did mention ariana grande however! which was the weirdest thing, it makes me feel like she's not even a real fan, or if anything she's just a btd fan, i truly do feel like lana deserved that grammy out of anybody else, she's geniunely artistic & talented and doesn't rely on chasing mainstream trends or working with the biggest producers, she will be relevent years & decades from now

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

the scam that is the grammys and the illusion that it awards anything other than commercial success :noparty:

didn't justin bieber win a grammy for his "changes" album which sounded like a bunch of ringtones? and the weeknd didn't? :crossed: 

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Grammys are such bullshit anyways, Lord knows why we even tolerate it anymore. They've proven time and time again that they choose hype and popularity over genuine talent and artistry :oprah3:

And THAT'S why I know this Olivia girl is getting it all this year. Anyways, who cares, gimme Blue Banisters, Ms. Grant! Now THAT is the AOTY for sure, wbk :nails: #ScammysWho

N E WAYS, lemme go and listen to Wildflower Wildfire for the 2141320th time today :burn::illumilana2:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

but winning five grammys in one night is excessive

except when it happened to Amy Winehouse, she deserved the world :trisha:

On 7/31/2021 at 2:24 PM, Ziegfeld Follies said:

even when her production feels muted or lets me down in some way, her melodies/voice always bring me back

this is why i really hate jack so much. i don't want this to sound like an angry anti-jack post again but the fact is that Lana's melodies are SO strong and powerful. each one of them. she straight up delivers each and every time and I'm obsessed. But I really struggle to fall in love with any of the songs on the last two albums, purely because of the production. Venice Bitch and MAC are the last two songs I've truly fallen in love with. Other than that, I've adored the melody of each and every song, like California should be my favourite Lana song but the overall production falls flat for me.

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Yes that Billie girl winning ROTY is ok. Also BNA.

...But soty ????? Songwriting?? "Steal ur dad type hehehehehe. Make ur mama sad type hehehehehe. I'm a badd guy heueueu"

Aoty?? No. Sorry. NFR was voted #1 album of 2019 by 19 magazines... same as Lemonade!

SO grammy COMMITTEE HAG. If u r reading our posts...God bless & f off :p

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

YOU'VE GOT A THUNDER BIRD

Let's Get Physical! The Dua Lipa Discography Rate - The winner is... | Page  49 | The Popjustice Forum

MY DADDY HAD ONE TOO

ezgif-4-7d1799a7cef4.gif

LET'S REWRITE HISTORY

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475d75c9e4f3f47c8b5c

I'LL DO THIS DANCE WITH YOU

giphy.gif

So I turn but I learn (it from you, babe)

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952f66265c6b67a20affa

Not to turn into a wildfire

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95298a791516b9345343b
To light up your night

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952aa84a3f786966ff473
With only my smile and nothing that hurts

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9529a915e54cb20c79a28

17 minutes ago, KingJay said:

So hows the new Billie album? I heard it's AOTY material :creep:

90% of LB when they read your question

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b9bad19skdicd0ig4bi

And I hate Twitter sometimes, why do they always have to make up stuff :scoff: