Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

40 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

It's very excessive yeah.

this isn't a billie thread but i did have a thought that i'll put under the cut:

Spoiler

i haven't had a chance to fully think this through but there's something about billie that i think appeals to straight male listeners, especially her debut album. it was like one of the rare moments in music history where it really felt like a young artist was taken very seriously. i think a lot of it had to do w her androgynous styling and musical style: smooth talking, whispery vocals and futuristic production. this helped her a lot - the expression of femininity has unfortunately always come w punitive measures, like being patronised, etc. i think billie was able to avoid a lot of that bc of her masc presentation (instead, criticism leaned more on accusations of her being a plant, etc) and hence was able to be digested and received so positively 

interestingly, on her newer album, not much has seemingly changed - her music sounds kinda similar, but the overall styling and presentation has changed. the palette is muted, definitely more feminine, and her music's subject matter is the treatment of women in the music industry etc. - and now criticism of her has increased 

not a billie fan so i'm not hell bent on defending her - her music's not my taste, i generally prefer "older" sounds - but i thought this was something to note

on another note, do we think lana might do a surprise release for the single and/or BB? and if so, is it unlikely that she'll drop the tracklist beforehand? :oprah2:

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe Crazy for You (if it was any good) but knowing UFB is apparently a duet with Barrie… giphy.gif?cid=5e2148863vd7i4bg7qwvddcff0

It's from the Honeymoon sessions, it's obviously a masterpiece 

25 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

So nothing new?

tenor.gif?itemid=13658641

Exactly two years ago, she revealed the NFR album cover, tracklist and release date. I hereby declare it a new tradition! Lana‘s ig post will follow in the next couple of hours :oprah3:

3 minutes ago, COCC said:

Exactly two years ago, she revealed the NFR album cover, tracklist and release date. I declare it hereby a new tradition! Lana‘s ig post will follow in the next couple of hours :oprah3:

I was just thinking that :smile2:

1 minute ago, COCC said:

Exactly two years ago, she revealed the NFR album cover, tracklist and release date. I declare it hereby a new tradition! Lana‘s ig post will follow in the next couple of hours :oprah3:

*sniff sniff*.. that was an iconic moment for us.. the hype..the excitement..the constant interviews and promo... the livestreams..!

She was sooo lively . Now she makes it look like the whole music thing is a burden to her. Like she records the songs and just drops them. And just be done with it.. :(

PRE GRAMMY ROBBERY NFR LANA...if you're reading this..pls come back. 

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

*sniff sniff*.. that was an iconic moment for us.. the hype..the excitement..the constant interviews and promo... the livestreams..!

Except everybody hated the cover and twitter was full of memes that day :bebe:

1 minute ago, YourGirl666 said:

I think the album will only come out after the Grammys because of COCC

So after september 30 :pft:

I really hope she repeats the triple single release to feed us while the album is not out. She should release Thunder, Cherry Blossom and Map of LA, cause these are the songs we already know, so when she releases the full BB album, there will be 10 completely new songs left for us to discover.

i hope this album is like the btd title track, regal, melancholic, nostalgic, a little bit electronic, vintage, luxurious, heartfelt, ICONIC! i've been obsessed with that song & btd/paradise in general lately and i just need something that has that essence, it doesn't necessarily need strings or deep-south inspired guitars, i just wanna feel MELANCHOLIC & FANCY when i hear it! :hair: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

44 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

I think the album will only come out after the Grammys because of COCC

That would be quite pointless. COCC is cute and all as an album for us fans, but I would bet on my life that it is not getting any nominations. :hoshet:

I'd rather her just be passionate about the music and not worry about silly award shows.

35 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i hope this album is like the btd title track, regal, melancholic, nostalgic, a little bit electronic, vintage, luxurious, heartfelt, ICONIC! i've been obsessed with that song & btd/paradise in general lately and i just need something that has that essence, it doesn't necessarily need strings or deep-south inspired guitars, i just wanna feel MELANCHOLIC & FANCY when i hear it! :hair: 

Exactly my thoughts :w8ing:

i’ve been listening to btd and paradise on repeat these days and i’ve been craving this kind of production 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆