Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I think this has been misunderstood by many here, mentioning trauma does not necessarily mean it’s equal to physical or sexual abuse or PTSD. Some people might  say ‘my job interview was traumatic’. Or ‘this Movie was traumatic’….so it’s in the same context as me saying Lana messing me around with album releases is traumatic.  As an abuse survivor I did NOT mean to devalue anyones experience of trauma they’ve had, I did not mean to suggest it’s comparable to abuse or PTSD.  So I apologise for that.   

I have Borderline Personality Disorder, So I get upset over small things more easily, so the whole saga with Lana and release dates and uncertainty might bother me more than a lot of people.  So I can understand why it seems so ridiculous to many here.  I do totally agree it is not Lana’s job to cater to my mental health, so maybe my comments were  too much and for that I also Apologise.   

ok now i feel terrible:icant: i stand on my opinion but that doesn't mean i can't understand where you're coming from. everyone has different ways of reacting and dealing with things like these, so i totally get why you and others may react in an angrier way with lana's unprofessionalism, while i don't give a fuck :illumilana2: but i'm sorry if i was too harsh or mean when i was arguing with you, i guess that's when i get upset over small things more easily

Just now, wildflowerwildfire said:

i swear solar power & stoned at the nail salon are the worst songs i’ve ever heard 

solar power… understandable.. definitely an awful lead single choice.. but stoned at the nail salon? :crossed: tasteless 

38 minutes ago, brandon said:

I just wanna mention that those two songs are literally just not similar at all, they just both mention america (in vastly different ways) :crai: also trendy tumblr era production. totally different in quite literally every other aspect.  i love lana but she didn’t invent music/chords/whatever your comparison may be

anyways that was 3 albums and 6 years ago, and she really can’t be compared to lanz at all at this point, they’re such massively different artists. i think that once people get over this fake comparison they might actually be able to discover and appreciate new music Ɛ>  hfk was a beautifully done concept album and manic was a nice pop switch up with some great standouts 

also cocc being robbed of vma nom? :crossed: i’m mad.

https://youtu.be/-tAMzegyXis

Take a look at this vid plz.

The beginning of the video speaks for itself. 

tenor.gif

If it isn’t Lorde, it’s about Halsey. Rinse n repeat. Halsey and Lana do not sound similar and haven’t in quite some time! They’re not even on the same level musically why must we debate about it still :bebe: they both just went through the era of tumblr production

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

I think the Halsey comparison is because New Americana chorus is same as National anthem chorus. The melody. the chords.

Just like how Solar power is like exact replica of St Vincent At the holiday parties.

45 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

i swear solar power & stoned at the nail salon are the worst songs i’ve ever heard 

Sorry, but you're tasteless :wtf3:

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

How many songs do we think BB is going to have? 

12~14

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

ok now i feel terrible:icant: i stand on my opinion but that doesn't mean i can't understand where you're coming from. everyone has different ways of reacting and dealing with things like these, so i totally get why you and others may react in an angrier way with lana's unprofessionalism, while i don't give a fuck :illumilana2: but i'm sorry if i was too harsh or mean when i was arguing with you, i guess that's when i get upset over small things more easily

Don’t feel bad it’s cool, thanks for understanding ♥️

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, CocaColaCrystalMeth said:

https://youtu.be/-tAMzegyXis

Take a look at this vid plz.

The beginning of the video speaks for itself. 

Biggie and Nirvana were some of the biggest artists of their era, theyre mentioned a ton in popular culture

also, like i said, we all love lana, but she did not invent that very simple melody/chord progression, you can find tons of songs with a similar sound. (even though the two really dont sound that similar)

that was also years ago, and thats the only comparison ive ever seen on the two, they are literally so different i couldnt even imagine trying to compare the two, the halsey hate train departed and left in like, 2016 so? :biblio: dont really see why anyone should be holding judgement on an artist based on a  single somewhat similar melody from 2015

you'r delusional if you dont think its coming on the 4th why would she announce it on her insta and leave the post up if it weren't coming she wouldnt lie like that

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

34 minutes ago, brandon said:

Biggie and Nirvana were some of the biggest artists of their era, theyre mentioned a ton in popular culture

also, like i said, we all love lana, but she did not invent that very simple melody/chord progression, you can find tons of songs with a similar sound. (even though the two really dont sound that similar)

that was also years ago, and thats the only comparison ive ever seen on the two, they are literally so different i couldnt even imagine trying to compare the two, the halsey hate train departed and left in like, 2016 so? :biblio: dont really see why anyone should be holding judgement on an artist based on a  single somewhat similar melody from 2015

mama please link me to the tons of similar sounding songs (even though the two really don’t sound that similar) 

UbsOye5.png

4 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

but I doubt we will hear Mike’s signature sound very much on BB because Lana already had a vision for it and again, he was just adding finishing touches. Unless the delay is because :wat: *cough* ultraviolence *cough* 

Since she’s scrapped nearly the entire album, I wouldn’t be surprised if she wanted him to work more on it. But apparently Mike’s been devoting all his time to DONDA lately so I’m not expecting much for BB

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

8 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

mama please link me to the tons of similar sounding songs (even though the two really don’t sound that similar) 

girl i don’t have a List of them but like listen to the radio or something it’s not some brand new groundbreaking melody?!;?4   :crai: 

that video also tried saying that she stole a line from some tamar braxton song when it was actually a sample from a biggie song so idk it really is not very well informed and definitely a little bias ? 

anyways twitter stans have now convinced themselves that the album/single is called arcadia based on some ldrbrazil tweet LMAOOO