Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Can we just agree that Lanas habit to announce bogus-dates and not speaking up when they lead into dead ends is unprofessional and rude without a) writing essays about how she does not owe anyone anything and how it adds up to her artistic quality and b) comparing it to emotional abuse and trauma?

A-men. 

28 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

Y’all this is the same woman who kisses fans on their bare fucking lips and screams at body guards in their faces if they’re too aggressive w fans, she’s anything but inconsiderate or rude lmao 

But that's a different situation. She's not inconsiderate or rude when it pertains to interacting with fans at shows/backstage, however it is inconsiderate to not keep quiet about the album until it's very much near done and/or release singles way too early before release (which she has done twice now) 

tenor.gif?itemid=13658641

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

54 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

You know what I believe? She had that original release date and 1) she decided to change the direction of the album, which took more time than estimated, or 2) her label postponed the release (there could be million factors to this, don't even get me started), but that's only a couple possibilities from many. In any case, I think y'all get too deep into it. I insist, I don't think she is being rude (or that she doesn't care at all! If she didn't care, the album wouldn't be a thing) by not posting anything album-related a month after the snippet and the album cover reveal. You ask me for a word? I'd say she is taking the time she wants for this album. 

If we look at it this way, here: what if she literally posted about "hey, i'm adding a new song to the album this week!" or "hey, I decided to replace two tracks with these new two" or "hey, new singles rollout idea" or "hey, added a feature!" or "you know what Jack is coming back to production on this" or whatever she decides to do before finishing it, we ALL would drive crazy with every single thing she does.

Maybe it's a stupid comparison, but I've created two albums and the 2 or 3 people who care about them just *can't* know every move I take for the album, 'cause I can't be sure of what will really end up in the record until it's basically finished. I would feel dumb for announcing, say, a release date or a tracklist and then changing my mind *for* the better of the album, and then eventually clowning myself. Sometimes it's better to work a little under the water, yes, giving some hints every now and then, but not literally airing everything out.

I know she is coming soon, don't hold too hard to a date. Let it be when it has to be.

Sorry for the *essay*, I couldn't be briefer than this. Hope it doesn't sound rude to anybody.

Sorry but after reading all of this I still don't get why her not saying that the date she announced will not happen (she does not have to say anything more than this one sentence) is too much to ask. 

It's rude and unprofessional but - as I said - it's not emotional abuse or whatever.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Yeah, she should've really just said something around that time but anyway, all you gotta do is just chill and forget abt this project for a while, tbh.

And, while you're at it 

Spoiler

Stream my vid bc it's flopping so hard lmao :toofunny:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

The only official dates for me are the ones attached to a preorder and a full album reveal (actual cover and tracklist). After the September 5th thing I won't get mad about random dates on IG posts. 

Also, why are we talking about this now? :thumb2:. At least this time she teased the single and album without promising any specific day.

giphy.gif

Lana: *stays quiet*

Some stans:

Screen_Shot_2020-10-05_at_11.51.58_AM.pn

Here's the deal
My management never stepped in
When I‘d announce wrong dates
So my fans ended up abused and bitter
Later then venting on Lanaboards but still fighting
Dramatically angry but with time came BB

And baby I, I've been lying about release dates
for so long
I wouldn't know what a proper release was
:aw:

Spoiler

Close this thread already

eye-rolling-eyes.gif

Not to distract from the discourse, but..

It’s really striking how the BB triple singles read like they were torn straight from her diary and that she’s almost reading them to you in the same room

I think approaching the record as a diary would be a really cool concept (especially with the more lowkey, minimalist production), but that’s just me. It would be a perfect opportunity to add something like the interlude of Burnt Norton, too

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Not to distract from the discourse, but..

It’s really striking how the BB triple singles read like they were torn straight from her diary and that she’s almost reading them to you in the same room

I think approaching the record as a diary would be a really cool concept (especially with the more lowkey, minimalist production), but that’s just me. It would be a perfect opportunity to add something like the interlude of Burnt Norton, too

that's how I felt this album was gonna be when we heard the singles

but now I'm not so sure, she's been serving looks and selfies, something about her attitude is slightly different from cocc era (not talking about the fake dates and her silence)

not to mention she didn't give us new dates, so I think the concept of the album is changing too

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I actually think it'd be cute if she had some kind of campy cook book with spells and all that in it for merch. 

I personally think her music's always sorta been like her diary, but do get strong kill bill bride vibes w the music so far. even BB in more a poignant kind of sense. n w how text book is more of like a metaphor that plays w expectations of her/ who she is w how she's trying to change. 

the main driving force behind the 3 tracks imo are change and evolving from one's self and worldview or even perspective. it can be incredibly difficult being alone when ur used to people always being around so the album's definitely already touched on growing past cycles and her having to tackle a lot of things that made her feel comfortable and what she knew. 

i think the title's apt in what she's giving thru her music rn. 

excuse me I have to go scream her selfie's FUCKING GORGEOUS 
and oh it could also be a song title we dk about so hey there u go 

UV/Honeymoon

23 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

that's how I felt this album was gonna be when we heard the singles

but now I'm not so sure, she's been serving looks and selfies, something about her attitude is slightly different from cocc era (not talking about the fake dates and her silence)

not to mention she didn't give us new dates, so I think the concept of the album is changing too

NOT to suck my own dick but I literally JUST said it

she's feeling herself, this album is gonna be amazing :agree:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg