Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The only youtubers that had a point criticizing Lana was a few black women and this girl (she corrected in another video what she said wrong):

All the others only repeated what the media said about her

I totally agree w @Brooklynbaby Lana is a human being, she does have mistakes and some dumb moments. She was sloppy for some certain time.

But after the QFTC incident, the hate train, the twitter shit last year, i realised one thing: the way "feminism" is performed and demonstrated on media nowadays full of hypocrisy. They made "feminism" out to be an important subject matter but most of them missed the point of "feminism" - which is giving a woman a choice.

So I was thinking: what if Lana herself was a kind of woman who is actually fragile, submissive to a man? And love being in that kind of relationship where she take the passive role, I believe at the end of the day, its still her choice, and people should have gave her the respect she deserves. Feminism for me is respecting a woman's choice, even if she choose to stay in the kitchen to serve her husband for life. Not every woman has to be strong and "always take control", it takes time and circumstances, that's just another way to trap women in a new prejudice in my opinion ?‍♂️

The more they push women to be a certain way to be approved as a "feminist", or, a "real woman", the more i feel women arent actually free to be who they are in this modern time. At least under the name of "feminism".

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Umaniac said:

I’ve been listening to a lot of Alex turner and Alexandra savior lately and I really want Lana to try out something similar to their style. This rock bandy drum guitar sound really suits her and she hasn’t really digged that. Hope thunder makes the cut along with more. 

Honestly that would be a dream come true for me :crying4:. Zach is involved in this album (If she didn't scrap everything) and he's the bassist of TLSP so I hope we get something similar to their albums cause Lana would really shine in that genre

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

The only youtubers that had a point criticizing Lana was a few black women and this girl (she corrected in another video what she said wrong):

All the others only repeated what the media said about her

You mean Tee?  

I love watching her tho, but this video still kinda biased for me in some aspect,but overall,at least she sticks to the point - criticizing Lana for what she did wrong.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

d'angelo wallace was really cool when he was a relatively small art youtuber, i think he's a different person now that he's become a commentary youtuber, it's sad, but a lot of these commentary youtubers only really make videos targetting certain people because they wanna make themselves look like good, virtuous people, if he's gonna target lana for her mesh mask (which, yes, was a very bad decision) he might as well call out every other celebrity who did similar things, dua lipa traveled all around the world when the pandemic was at it's worst, but she gets a pass? 

did he call out megan thee stallion for wearing a mesh mask after lana? probably not

(I really don't know tho I don't wanna fuck my algorithm clicking on his videos)

on topic, manifesting the pre order today because she woke up in a great mood because last night was lit :party:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

11 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

I totally agree w @Brooklynbaby Lana is a human being, she does have mistakes and some dumb moments. She was sloppy for some certain time.

But after the QFTC incident, the hate train, the twitter shit last year, i realised one thing: the way "feminism" is performed and demonstrated on media nowadays full of hypocrisy. They made "feminism" out to be an important subject matter but most of them missed the point of "feminism" - which is giving a woman a choice.

So I was thinking: what if Lana herself is a kind of woman who is actually fragile, submissive to a man? And love being in that kind of relationship where she take the passive role, I believe at the end of the day, its still her choice, and people should have gave her the respect she deserves. Feminism for me is respecting a woman's choice, even if she choose to stay in the kitchen to serve her husband for life. Not every woman has to be strong and "always take control" - that's just another way to trap women in a new prejudice.

The more they push women to be a certain way to be approved as a "feminist", or, a "real woman", the more i feel women arent actually free to be who they are in this modern time. At least under the name of "feminism".

i don't see why there's a problem with women taking a more "traditional" or "submissive" role in their relationships, maybe some modern feminists feel like they're living in a "patriarchal" standard of living, but if a woman takes her husband's last name, or is a stay-at-home wife/mom, or just likes feeling "submissive", it's 100% her choice, i once saw some sort of article that described women who live that "traditional" lifestyle as "domesticated", like a domesticated animal, and i wonder, how is that not sexist? women aren't anymore easily influenced, or brainwashed, or weak, women should do whatever they want, whether it's being more "in control" or more "traditional" :azealia:

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't see why there's a problem with women taking a more "traditional" or "submissive" role in their relationships, maybe modern feminists feel like they're living in a "patriarchal" standard of living, but if a woman takes her husband's last name, or is a stay-at-home wife/mom, or just likes feeling "submissive", it's 100% her choice, i once saw some sort of article that described women who live that "traditional" lifestyle as "domesticated"and i wonder, how is that not sexist? women aren't anymore easily influenced, or brainwashed, or weak, women should do whatever they want, whether it's being more "in control" or more "traditional" :azealia:

Yes. Especially in more traditional culture like in Asia. I'm in Vietnam and there are still numerous of Vietnamese women who choose to be a passive role in marriage. Western culture often make it out to be something so toxic even tho it's 100% a woman's choice. God these people.

5 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

i know there’s nothing going on but can we stay on topic about the album :noparty:

Manifest a pre-order asap i cant w this bitch, she leaves us high and dry.

If 'Thunder' is on the new album, great. I think it's one of her best unreleased tracks--the phrasing, the lyrics, the vocal intonations--everything is perfect as it is. If she's rerecorded it, I hope she doesn't otherwise change a thing. I'm another of those who feel that 'Best American Record' was completely ruined on NFR! If by chance she has altered 'Thunder' in ways I don't care for, I'll just replace the new version with the old. 

24 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

So I was thinking: what if Lana herself was a kind of woman who is actually fragile, submissive to a man? And love being in that kind of relationship where she take the passive role, I believe at the end of the day, its still her choice, and people should have gave her the respect she deserves. Feminism for me is respecting a woman's choice, even if she choose to stay in the kitchen to serve her husband for life. Not every woman has to be strong and "always take control", it takes time and circumstances, that's just another way to trap women in a new prejudice in my opinion ?‍♂️

RT RT RT RT RT RT

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't see why there's a problem with women taking a more "traditional" or "submissive" role in their relationships, maybe some modern feminists feel like they're living in a "patriarchal" standard of living, but if a woman takes her husband's last name, or is a stay-at-home wife/mom, or just likes feeling "submissive", it's 100% her choice, i once saw some sort of article that described women who live that "traditional" lifestyle as "domesticated", like a domesticated animal, and i wonder, how is that not sexist? women aren't anymore easily influenced, or brainwashed, or weak, women should do whatever they want, whether it's being more "in control" or more "traditional" :azealia:

That's just projection. On the other hand there are cases in villages near my town where girls are groomed by their husbands and have kids at 16-19 while husbands are in their mid 20s. I can't understand the family approving that and those girls willing doing that. That is the only time I feel like criticizing and judging women's choice because they are literally groomed girls. Meanwhile other girls from the same village become excellent uni students and look upper class so it's not like they didn't have a choice for a better life. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

6 minutes ago, shady said:

That's just projection. On the other hand there are cases in villages near my town where girls are groomed by their husbands and have kids at 16-19 while husbands are in their mid 20s. I can't understand the family approving that and those girls willing doing that. That is the only time I feel like criticizing and judging women's choice because they are literally groomed girls. Meanwhile other girls from the same village become excellent uni students and look upper class so it's not like they didn't have a choice for a better life. 

I suppose the amount knowledge / education shall lead a certain person to their own life choices. Thats why education is really important for people living in these kind of places.

Boz just tweeted: “Ok you won this time, but yall really gotta stop making news out of any random quote I post when I literally just enjoy the song ?

if we won does this mean it IS on the album… :hooker:

1 minute ago, brandon said:

Boz just tweeted: “Ok you won this time, but yall really gotta stop making news out of any random quote I post when I literally just enjoy the song ?

if we won does this mean it IS on the album… :hooker:

Omg Thunder??? This is unexpected ???

1 minute ago, brandon said:

does this mean it IS on the album… :hooker:

I don’t think it is since he said he posted it cuz he liked the song, but we still won so something must be coming up!! :sluttybunny::thumb:

Manifest a 15-track album or a double album contains 2 CD (just like Miranda Lambert's The Weight of These Wings).

#delulupoweractivate

3 minutes ago, thelastgirlonearth said:

I don’t think it is since he said he posted it cuz he liked the song, but we still won so something must be coming up!! :sluttybunny::thumb:

We’ll see I guess :toofunny: I kinda took it as “You’re right in this case, but for future reference, me tweeting lyrics usually doesn’t mean anything”

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

We’ll see I guess :toofunny: I kinda took it as “You’re right in this case, but for future reference, me tweeting lyrics doesn’t mean anything”

Wait omg this makes more sense tbh idk why he’d say the first bit otherwise…so we won after all YUP!!