Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

god Im starting to get worried :awkney: I wasn't really satisfied with Chemtrails and while the album is gorgeous, it lacks in interesting substance that makes me not wanna listen again

now w BB looking to be even MORE stripped back and being an album of half demo-piano tracks and half leaked tracks we've already heard... :crai: like god Lana please just meet up with Rick again I can't believe someone as talented and genius as her is deciding to go down the route of all other alt girlies and make a bunch of snooze albums -like it was fine w NFR and COCC but at this point I feel like I know what the album is gonna sound like and I just want her to experiment a little more out of her comfort zone :lange: like DBJAG and the bridge of DTWD gave me so much hope for bigger sounds to come but its looking like its the same ol shit again 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Complaining about an unreleased song that you listened to that’s now on her new projects is literally not Lanas problem, like I listen to all the leaks that I can but complaining about them being released since I’ve already heard them and want “new” songs is dumbass behaviour 

im just glad I get to listen to them in HQ and the chance of changes in production and lyrics since the demos are always there if I need the og

1 minute ago, Elle said:

oh no, don't hold me accountable for this! :hide:

I would actually love for Colour Blue to be released, for the sole reason of finding out what the true title is. Truly one of the biggest LDR unsolved mysteries x

Oh I’m not, but I forgot about that track being recorded with cherry blossom too and the insider said a Barrie credit. It makes sense in my heart but If it doesn’t happen I’m only blaming myself LOL 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

10 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

what’s the point of waiting for an album we’ve practically heard already ? to not even end up with good songs we’ve heard already. it’s just utterly pointless to release it at all at this point she can keep it 

great everyone else will be streaming :wtf:

faSE.gif

17 minutes ago, Rainbows said:

I understand not wanting songs we have already heard, but it’s not her fault they leaked and people have listened to them. Maybe her intention was always to leave them aside for a future album who knows. 

True, but she knows they’ve leaked, that’s why she should just keep them for the unreleased collection. I don’t mind her putting leaked songs on an album (i was totally fine and very happy when we learned that Thunder and CB were gonna be on BB). I just think 6 we’ve heard is too much for a *new* album. Again, I wouldn’t mind if it was on the unreleased collection she talked about in 2017, on the contrary, I’d be pretty happy if she finally officially released good mixes of previously leaked songs. But since it’s been said we’re not sure whether they’re leaked or just unreleased songs/outtakes, it’d be very stupid to worry about what’s gonna end up on the album

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Guys, my luv, let’s all calm down a bit. 
outtakes could mean songs we never heard like Dealer or Yosemite for Chemtrails. I don’t think it means that we heard all of them. Cherry Blossom and Thunder are there as far as we know, but BoZ said there were unfinished  demos from previous projects that she finished (Dope, made with Zach, could be one. Under My Skin was also one of their tracks done alongside Thunder). My guess is that those five tracks are Thunder, Cherry Blossom, Dealer (BoZ hinted he didn’t like that one), another TLSP song maybe, maybe Colour Blue (it does sound a bit unfinished demo when we think of it). He didn’t confirm if it was still the case but no Rick nor Jack, so no RCS if it’s still the case. 

LANA THIS IS THE MOTHAFUCKING MOMENT RELEASE THE TRACKLIST
                                                                                                            NOW

Color Blue/Wild On You with Text Book-esque drums :trisha: A vision has been implemented into my head and now I can't let it go 

imageproxy.jpg

Just now, Venice Peach said:

So boz said that CB and Thunder aren't the only leaked songs. We can now start betting to see who guesses right.

I think we'll have 3 leaked ones and 3 unheard outtakes. 

i think it'll be a weird one because he said she should've added the iconic ones so no yes to heaven or serial killer

This is completely presumptuous of me based on the info we've gotten, but...

The only thing that's a little weird to me about any of it is including *actual recordings* from, say, 2014-2016 on an album released in 2021. I sort of feel like if you're going to repurpose old songs (which isn't an issue at all to me), you should at least re-record them to make them fit the overall sound/production of the album. I'm not sure anyone could tell with Yosemite, but it was sort of weird to me, knowing that recording was from years earlier.

I just hope it all makes sense when we hear the album as a whole. I trust Lana, though. And fans listening to unauthorized leaks isn't her problem, either. If she thinks an older unreleased song fits the album's vibe, it's her creative decision. It's still her song, in every way.

6 minutes ago, Elle said:

oh no, don't hold me accountable for this! :hide:

I would actually love for Colour Blue to be released, for the sole reason of finding out what the true title is. Truly one of the biggest LDR unsolved mysteries x

Colour Blue makes a lot of sense. It was recorded alongside Cherry Blossom, Barrie could be credited on that one and THE LYRICS: « California  Homeland of the gods, once I found my way now I am lost »… Arcadia is not only a town in California but has also mythological meaning. Plus she wanted to leave LA on LMLYLAW… :brows: