Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

Idea: A collab with Billie Eilish and her brother!

OR 

An album entirely produced by her brother

Since Billie and Finneas adore Lana, it would be very interesting to see what they can do together.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

25 minutes ago, baddisease said:

OR 

Honestly? I think Billie and Finneas produce for Lana already if that makes sense. I can imagine Lana on every single one of Billie's songs, they are both so heavily influenced by her. So yeah, I really don't think we'd hear anything special, it'd just be a Billie album sung by Lana

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

5 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

Honestly? I think Billie and Finneas produce for Lana already if that makes sense. I can imagine Lana on every single one of Billie's songs, they are both so heavily influenced by her. So yeah, I really don't think we'd hear anything special, it'd just be a Billie album sung by Lana

they would dieeeee to work w lana but i hope she never gives them the satisfaction lmao :bebe:

Edit: i think it wouldn't benefit lana as much as it would them bc they obviously learn sm from and are inspired by lana. lana needs to work w ppl she herself can learn from and be inspired by 

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, daphnedinkley said:

obviously not expecting "snort coke off my tits daddy then fuck me on the balcony" or whatever :toofunny:  

I'd rather that than name dropping Nikki :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

this might sound strangely specific but i'm hoping for more drug references on this record because i've always really loved the way lana writes about drugs. obviously not expecting "snort coke off my tits daddy then fuck me on the balcony" or whatever :toofunny:  maybe it's just bc i'm a druggy myself idk but i've always loved some of her lines about drugs, even her recent ones, like on cinnamon girl for example: "all the pills that you take / violet, blue, green, red to keep me at arms length don't work". such a sad and poetic line that says so much about our self-medicating culture and also how so many of us deal with the pressures of relationships and stuff idk :( and of course all of heroin is super heartbreaking and beautiful. but then you have fun, cheeky lines like in heavy hitter - "lets ch-ch-change our dna" - and since drugs are kind of a taboo topic it's always fun to see how an artist might tackle writing about them!

Not a druggie here but her best music mentions drugs and at least in my opinion she doesn't sing about them in a cringey way. The way she describes those situations is like watching that intimidating female fictional character you secretly wish it was you. So yeah, that's my take on why she should continue that. I don't want to listen her sing about being a country girl wanting a man, kids and love. Boooring. Literally what 98% of folk songs' lyrics in my country. 

Also I wish she should have some indie girl or rocker dude featured. Nikki may sound decent in studio with her but they're awful together live. Lana's voice is too delicate for a stronger, nasaly country voice. Nikki kinda sounds like Miley Cyrus in the Plastic Hearts era. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

She can sing about whatever she wants, I just wish the music shines. Ofc she’s got the reins w quality. But im hoping she burns briter n larger from cocc’s airy atmosphere. 
i still do very much think cocc was a recoup album from nfr’s pain. 

the fact that the three tracks are the equivalent of a server abruptly frisbeeing their dishes tray to table blunt, are a great indicator of whats gonna happen next w the record. Blunt. Slightly menacing. Its like gas on a range. I’m waiting for the match of a track, n then of course the cool down. 

we’ll be fine the 3 tracks show a lot of promise. Waiting’s just shitty ‘specially w lana’s dartboard decision making on the calendar, but if she sticks w what she started and better yet, digs deeper n refines it, it’ll all b for the better. 

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

this might sound strangely specific but i'm hoping for more drug references on this record because i've always really loved the way lana writes about drugs. obviously not expecting "snort coke off my tits daddy then fuck me on the balcony" or whatever :toofunny:  maybe it's just bc i'm a druggy myself idk but i've always loved some of her lines about drugs, even her recent ones, like on cinnamon girl for example: "all the pills that you take / violet, blue, green, red to keep me at arms length don't work". such a sad and poetic line that says so much about our self-medicating culture and also how so many of us deal with the pressures of relationships and stuff idk :( and of course all of heroin is super heartbreaking and beautiful. but then you have fun, cheeky lines like in heavy hitter - "lets ch-ch-change our dna" - and since drugs are kind of a taboo topic it's always fun to see how an artist might tackle writing about them!

2 hours ago, baddisease said:

OR 

that would be so fcking cool

2 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

I can imagine Lana on every single one of Billie's songs [...] it'd just be a Billie album sung by Lana

ummm so you think songs like happier than ever or NDA sound even remotely like anything lana has ever done? i can see lana has influence in some of billie's work but let's not think billie doesn't have her own uniqueness. i think lana could benefit from their ideas to try to come out of her comfort zone. maybe not a fully produced project with finneas, but just some check-ups or added production like she did with max martin for lust for life's title track

Spoiler

but instead of butchering the song they would make it better :oopna:

17 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

that would be so fcking cool

Imagine a remix of "Brite Lites" by FINNEAS

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

happier than ever or NDA sound even remotely like anything lana has ever done

Not at all, Billie can hold her own & definitely has her own place on the music scene. BUT, I don’t think much would change if Billie/Finneas produced for Lana. They’ve got their distinct sound & they’ve both said it’s LDR influenced. If they wrote FOR Lana, it would either lose the Billie/Finneas touch and become very LDR or it would remain as a Billie song. I just don’t think it would be valuable. Definitely interesting tho

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

On 8/6/2021 at 3:39 PM, YourGirl666 said:

Manifesting:

- an album

- a feat. on The Dawn

- Boom Like That released as a single

- the unreleased songs album

- UFB

Lol I love how everyone is obsessed with Boom Like That

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

Billie is just Lana x Lorde x Melanie at this point.

She mixes all 3 and pulls it off with her aesthetic. 

Also what covers are we manifesting?!

I think songs like 

A Night like this by Caro emerald

Or Here comes the sun by Beatles

Or knocking on heavens door..

Diamonds and rust?

House of rising sun...

I also badly want her to cover Angels by the xx

Fade into you by mazzy star

Whiskey lullaby/nothing at all

The dance by Garth Brooks

FINALLY.. riptide by vance joy.