Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, tulsa shanice freak said:

there’s a picture on the wall with me on a clown deere

shanice handed me a beer

said how the clown did u get there 

me on Lanaboards at 5am :oic2:

26 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

when lana announces that playing dangerous and noir are on the tracklist...

E6-CF89-B6-3764-44-FC-A170-63-A3-DF1-A45

a serve me thinks 

!!!!! so much this

My husband is a medium and he told me things about Lana… at first I didn’t believe him but then he started to get it right with the single/album releases/personal stuff about her feelings and friends etc. 

maybe I must ask him again about blue bannisters or what 

any questions from Lanaboards?

2 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

it has gone thru the appeals process like 5 times now :stareney:

Lana can't let it go because it's so good, that's why :ma:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

My husband is a medium and he told me things about Lana… at first I didn’t believe him but then he started to get it right with the single/album releases/personal stuff about her feelings and friends etc. 

can u pls ask him what colour he senses the album is (is it hot pink? :crying:) and what the album's star sign is?

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

Come on now, we been done all this many times with many girlies on this forum x nobody moved

:stareney:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

4 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Come on now, we been done all this many times with many girlies on this forum x nobody moved

:stareney:

Don’t be so sad

6 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

can u pls ask him what colour he senses the album is (is it hot pink? :crying:) and what the album's star sign is?

The font will be the same as costco 

Concept idea: In BB, Lana plays 15 tracks of her beating her critics with a piano while Gregorian Chanting the spell to send them back to the void of space :oprah3:

8 hours ago, Frangipani said:

BTD -> Paradise and COCC -> BB have a similar transition

The second album keeps the general aesthetic and production but Paradise and BB feel a lot more personal and have a golden, sunset version of the previous aesthetic. After Paradise though, she really changed up her image so I'm curious to see what she does next.

I want a heavy metal Nancy Sinatra :true:

Not that it really matters, but I wonder how well the album will be received by reviewers. The three singles that were released in May set the bar pretty high already. Thunder is the kind of song critics will love if they loved the vibe of NFR, and CB is one of Lana’s most touching songs ever. I’m a bit worried critics will call her lazy for including six previously unreleased tracks on her new album, but it’d be unfair, they’re supposed to judge the quality of the music, not how many old songs have been recycled for the album. 
I feel like Lana’s motivations and the direction she wants to take were pretty well understood with the release of Chemtrails, so I don’t see why the album wouldn’t be critically acclaimed unless the rest of the tracks we don’t know about yet don’t live up to what we’ve heard already

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

A note for the people expecting the old song be re recorded for the new album, I don't think Yosemite was re recorded from L4L sessions. 

6 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I’m a bit worried critics will call her lazy for including six previously unreleased tracks on her new album, but it’d be unfair, they’re supposed to judge the quality of the music, not how many old songs have been recycled for the album. 

Almost all of her albums include recycled old songs tho. 

7 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Almost all of her albums include recycled old songs tho. 

i believe the only song that was an already leaked song when it was released was black beauty, oh and yayo

the rest were ‘old’ but we had never been able to hear them before hand

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

19 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Not that it really matters, but I wonder how well the album will be received by reviewers. The three singles that were released in May set the bar pretty high already. Thunder is the kind of song critics will love if they loved the vibe of NFR, and CB is one of Lana’s most touching songs ever. I’m a bit worried critics will call her lazy for including six previously unreleased tracks on her new album, but it’d be unfair, they’re supposed to judge the quality of the music, not how many old songs have been recycled for the album. 
I feel like Lana’s motivations and the direction she wants to take were pretty well understood with the release of Chemtrails, so I don’t see why the album wouldn’t be critically acclaimed unless the rest of the tracks we don’t know about yet don’t live up to what we’ve heard already

I know this album will be among one of her most critically acclaimed or BE the most acclaimed one - the singles did set a high bar nobody said anything negative about them and I don't think the reworking/rereleasing of the songs will affect the ratings - many artists do this. With the critics finally on her side now and with a potentially very personal album they'll have no choice but to accept its greatness - I have a very good feeling about this record. I think critics will love Thunder and instantly identify it as a classic and I'm sure they'd deem Cherry Blossom an album highlight for the lyrics alone :wub: