Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I've added a "what we know so far" & "potential tracks" section to the OP! Let me know any thoughts about what else should be added, if any x

Spoiler

What we know so far:

-  Lana originally announced the record 'Rock Candy Sweet' in response to an article by Harpers Bazzar, where she stated she would be "Challenging those thoughts [about her career being built on cultural appropriation and glamourising domestic abuse"] in her upcoming record. In the same announcement, she also stated that she "wants revenge."

- Producer Mike Dean will be working on the project. In an interview with Fantano, he confirmed he was working on songs for her upcoming record. When asked if he was going to incorporate either piano & strings or synths in the production, he stated "I would mesh them both I think. You got to stay true to the original, but you can definitely do your twist on it, you know?"

- The first three singles from the album titled 'Blue Banisters', 'Text Book', and 'Wildflower Wildfire' are rumoured to drop on Thursday, May 20th according to a reliable insider. The singles are said to all have the same car selfie as the cover edited in different ways.

- Other producers/composers that are involved include Gabriel Edward Simon, Sage Skolfield, and Sean Solymar.

Potential tracks:

- Blue Banisters (snippet & accompanying music video teaser uploaded to Lana's Instagram on April 28th, 2021)

- Rock Candy Sweet / Loved You Then and Now (originally the album title, alternate song title revealed by an insider after spotted on the original Chemtrails Over the Country Club written tracklist framed in Electric Lady Studios)

- Text Book (revealed by reliable insider)

- Wildflower Wildfire (revealed by reliable insider)

- Dealer (scrapped track from Chemtrails Over the Country Club) 

- Cherry Blossom (lyrics shared from the unreleased song by Lana in an Instagram post  on March 22nd, 2021)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Seconding @Hydroponic Weeds, I don’t know if she was fronting about July either.

It seems that Gabe Simon is heavily involved with this album. They met in October 2020 in Nashville, so I bet most of the album was laid down with him in late 2020. Mike Dean has probably just been adding that extra oomph to the songs for the last few months. 

Obviously the album has been mastered, as insiders got their hands on it, just like how they had COTCC in September when it was mastered. 

I think it’s coming sooner than we think! And if not, then oh well, LOL, we can just enjoy the pre-release a bit longer - not to mention, we did just get a beautiful 11 track album so the fact that we’re even getting 3 new songs on Thursday is a blessing. 

I hope I'm wrong but I still don't think the album is coming out on the 4th of July. I think she really did want to release it on this date, being the Independence Day and all which ties in with her whole aesthetic, but I'm still super excited about the singles nevertheless. 

14 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

What if (it's most likely not but) Text Book is about QFTC? :dua:

I'm afraid it could be. Imagine if she said "I'm not text book like 'certain alternative singers'". God, I hope not :rip:

2 minutes ago, lili said:

I'm afraid it could be. Imagine if she said "I'm not text book like 'certain alternative singers'". God, I hope not :rip:

pretty sure she won't go that route - but the title is really intriguing so I guess we'll see

You guys i wasn’t online for an hour and i missed all the exciting news !

3 singles with mike producing one of them ???:trisha::trisha: i can’t wait  

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 minutes ago, lili said:

Nah, she would never do that so explicitly. 

If she were to do something abt the QFTC theme, and if it were Text Book, she would do something like these lines from Brooklyn Baby:

They judge me like a picture book

By the colors, like they forgot to read

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 minute ago, Yosemite said:

Nah, she would never do that so explicitly. 

If she were to do something abt the QFTC theme, and if it were Text Book, she would do something like these lines from Brooklyn Baby:

They judge me like a picture book

By the colors, like they forgot to read

I think I'm still traumatized over the backlash she got and my mind keeps unmanifesting fictional lyrics like "My boyfriends were rappers" lol. Something in the vein of the lyrics you quoted would be super cool I think.

29 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

What if (it's most likely not but) Text Book is about QFTC? :dua:

Nope because then it would be titled " Typewriter " :sass:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

19 minutes ago, strange weather said:

3 ballads? 3...ballads? 3 of them? :noparty:

I mean... Religion-Salvatore-The Blackest Day are 3 ballads in a row and they are sound amazing :flutter: And the fact we're getting 3 songs form different producers is exciting!