Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Between the Ol’ Man River reference in Text Book and the way she sings the word Oklahoma in Blue Banisters, I’m getting strong musical theatre vibes from this album so far. Specifically very American musicals too. I wonder if that’s intentional and something we’ll see her expand on within the album. Also it’s a shame her rendition Summertime was released so long ago now because that would work with this theme quite well. Honestly I hope it’s intentional because I’m a sucker for musical theatre references. Plus I feel like it’s often overlooked how heart-wrenching musicals can be, they’re really a perfect match for Lana.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Just now, recklessdaughter said:

Between the Ol’ Man River reference in Text Book and the way she sings the word Oklahoma in Blue Banisters, I’m getting strong musical theatre vibes from this album so far. Specifically very American musicals too. I wonder if that’s intentional and something we’ll see her expend on within the album. Also it’s a shame her rendition Summertime was released so long ago now because that would work with this theme quite well. Honestly I hope it’s intentional because I’m a sucker for musical theatre references. Plus I feel like it’s often overlooked how heart-wrenching musicals can be, they’re really a perfect match for Lana.

I got that impression too. I like the whole musical theatre concept, Lana just needs to execute it well enough for the image to be conveyed clearly 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Between the Ol’ Man River reference in Text Book and the way she sings the word Oklahoma in Blue Banisters, I’m getting strong musical theatre vibes from this album so far. Specifically very American musicals too. I wonder if that’s intentional and something we’ll see her expend on within the album. Also it’s a shame her rendition Summertime was released so long ago now because that would work with this theme quite well. Honestly I hope it’s intentional because I’m a sucker for musical theatre references. Plus I feel like it’s often overlooked how heart-wrenching musicals can be, they’re really a perfect match for Lana.

She did say a few years ago she was writing a musical with Rick. Maybe they scrapped that and she’s using the songs in this album?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

ppl coming back to their senses and starting hating the poetry snoozefest:ma: why am i always ahead of my time

you're not getting anything else from her, seems like it, so there's the door :ma:

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

ppl coming back to their senses and starting hating the poetry snoozefest:ma: why am i always ahead of my time

wym i’ve BEEN hating on the poetry snoozefests since day 1 and called it just her reciting her shopping list  :nails:  you and me the only honest members in this thread we love to see it 

17 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Don't forget she's said she's writing one, in the process of doing so.

Tori Amos badly derailed her career by her 7-year commitment to her own theatrical piece, 'The Light Princess,' which in the end turned out to be a creative and commercial flop.I hope LDR doesn't slide down that rabbit hole. 

Edit: Sorry. I see someone posted the same point. 

So: do we think 'WW' is a revamped or renamed 'Dealer'?

Of course, she stresses the word 'deal' four times, and she did say, last year or in late 2019, that, to paraphrase, she 'did a lot of screaming' on 'Dealer,' and WW does end with that very powerful screeching. I'd more than happy if it is 'Dealer' with a new title. I do think it would have fit very well on COCC, a nice balance to 'WD' and 'Yosemite.' 

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

wym i’ve BEEN hating on the poetry snoozefests since day 1 and called it just her reciting her shopping list  :nails:  you and me the only honest members in this thread we love to see it 

period, lets see them in 3 months:oprah3: when lmlylaw came out i was the only one who hated it, they all dragged me for days and look at em now everyone hates the song

13 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

you're not getting anything else from her, seems like it, so there's the door :ma:

thats how little u think of her?:sideeye:

2 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Of course, she stresses the word 'deal' four times, and she did say, last year or in late 2019, that, to paraphrase, she 'did a lot of screaming' on 'Dealer,' and WW does end with that very powerful screeching. I'd more than happy if it is 'Dealer' with a new title. I do think it would have fit very well on COCC, a nice balance to 'WD' and 'Yosemite.' 

i do still think about it... i think it is a revamped "dealer"

2 minutes ago, Chiunzhan said:

i do still think about it... i think it is a revamped "dealer"

Thanks. If so, then the 'Dealer' title makes perfect sense. She's dealing out the deep tea at last to someone she loves. 

3 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

BB actually grew on me very quickly!! at first listen i was underwhelmed but it gets stuck in my head all the time now

Same, it's one of her finest title tracks :trisha:

17 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I dont think so if only for the fact that Zach would be mentioned somewhere in the credits of the song and I don’t think it’s the case...

10 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I dont think so if only for the fact that Zach would be mentioned somewhere in the credits of the song and I don’t think it’s the case...

Thanks, GLF. Since it was produced by Mike Dean, I was thinking it might have been recorded once with Jack for COCC, and then a second, perhaps slightly different, version was recorded with Mike. Time will tell. Maybe 'dealing' or 'the deal' is a motif of the album. 

30 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I don’t think so because Zach is not credited at all. Her and Zach originally made dealer so he would have some sort of credit on it. 

33 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

no we don’t how many times will we have this conversation ? :icant:

36 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It doesn't make sense for it the be the same song. She uses similar words or the same words often. I think it would have that same California, Thunder sound from before. I could be wrong but it just wouldn't make 100% sense to me

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

37 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

she was just singing in WW, she said she yells in Dealer

btw, do we think there's any lyrics at all in Dealer or is it really just her yelling?

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

But she didn't delete the RCS and BB announcements with the selfie edits, just the other BB post of her looking up and the snippet 

I think something is really wrong with those realases.. Looks like something Insterscope did to try to take her off of the cocc flop :blush3:

Lust For Dead   large.gif