Elle

Lana Del Rey x Nikki Lane 1 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Good for them.

Honestly, I like that I can go back and pick an album depending on my mood because they are all different; and if this new country album doesn’t strike my fancy after a few listens, then so be it. But I am not gonna sit here and be butthurt because it isn’t a genre I don’t particularly enjoy a lot (if at all). 

I don’t get the controversy. 

source.gif

They sang beautifully but the whole beginning section of the video had me stressed out! Lana seemed really nervous about the dry mic (reverb) situation and Nikki asked her to practice and started singing “breEaAkinNnGgg UppPp sLoOOwWWlyyyy” but Lana just looked at her and said “yeah” and ignored her! :thumb3::coffee: I felt bad for Nikki in that moment lol

15 minutes ago, heroinmelodies said:

the first Lana album I genuinely hope gets scrapped:brandy: and I hope it’s gonna be  because not releasing TLSP alternative masterpiece album but deciding to releasing this is a hate crime I’m not going to accept :oprah3: 

For real...

Her not releasing the TLSP album but then she's considering  to release this yehaww record is like a  bad joke...truly a hate crime:crying2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, NewportBitch said:

Nikki and Lana met during her UV era as they both had Dan Auerbach produce their albums around the same time! UV 2.0 y’-all :troll:

I listened to Nikki’s music tonight. It’s much more uptempo than Lana’s and quite fun. I can think of so many ways this collab will turn out but I’m still hesitant because their vocals are so different and Lana has a tendency to slow down her songs

Did I.....just like a solo Nikki song? :wat:

It’s 7am and I need a drink already :oprah2:

Everything I thought I knew — lies  :whoopi:

lol at this scene tho

6-DCF66-EF-5003-40-A8-853-D-E584944-A1-C

I’m still super confused how BUS came to be, and Lana and Nikki BOTH telling two different stories is confusing 

story one, Nikki wrote it and gave it to Lana. 

story two, they were hanging out, Nikki said “breaking up slowly” and Lana sang “Is a hard thing to do” and they wrote the song together 

:oprah2:

"Don’t forget me"

Tbh the fact that she didn't release the TLSP album still hurts to this day because we have seen how good the songs that got released are :cryney:

The only positive things that I can think of right now are that maybe it will be more on the rock and blues side and that maybe Dan will come along to help with the production of the album :bebe:

We'll have to wait and see 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

She’s lost her mind, someone will have to make a version of the album with all of nickis parts cut out and then merge it into a short EP with just lana’s vocals, this seems to be the only way we’re gonna win

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Did I.....just like a solo Nikki song? :wat:

It’s 7am and I need a drink already :oprah2:

Everything I thought I knew — lies  :whoopi:

lol at this scene tho

6-DCF66-EF-5003-40-A8-853-D-E584944-A1-C

same.... i might have to lie down :oprah2: side note this outfit is kinda absolutely gorgeous

sUcVobB.png

tumblr_nqr63dYZTZ1rk2e30o7_250.gifv

me seducing dan auerbach to convince him to produce this album with nikki and lana 

imageproxy.jpg

I guess Jack Antonoff produced the country album or what do you guys think?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Pico Boulevard said:

that would be the nail in the coffin for me fy2Y.gif

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Omg. The weight and the outfit - probably her worst look ever. 

fuck off 

13 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I’m thinking Zach probably. Nikki and Lana were hanging with him together and I just feel like he’s been easier for Lana to work with here recently. So, my guess would be him.  

Either that or someone completely different. Maybe somebody Nikki knows, maybe someone more low key, less known.