Elle

OPINIONS NEEDED: Advertisements

Vignette Ads  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Are the vignette ads tolerable?

• Yes, keep them.
    • No, remove them.

4 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

@Elle i'm curious, do you make more if one of us clicks the ad? should we all do an ad clicking campaign just to give the site more revenue? i'm genuinely wondering if that would do anything bc believe me i'll do it i'll click every ad for like an hour if it gives you more ad revenue and keeps the site open

Some ads seem shady. I wouldn't suggest for people to click on them

45 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I don't think anyone thinks the pop up ads are 'intolerable' or 'unbearable' cuz that is dramatic af and kinda strawmanish. they are at most annoying and unreasonable, which is a good reason to not have them. if the money is necessary for keeping the site up that is one thing. if its some extra cash thats another thing. I will say, no other forum I use has pop up ads. 

edit- if this a basically a matter of if the pop up ad revenue is necessary for Elle to keep the site up, im confused what our opinions on ads are supposed to do?

You raise such a great point, I've literally never seen any other site utilize pop up ads other than download sites. Like the shady ones that you have to pass through to download minecraft mods :rip::rip: Its just so weird to me to add pop up ads to the site. Like it gives the site kinda a shady vibe especially paired with the "Not secure" status next to the url :thumb2:

Also to add to this, is this the way we want to portray the site? Newcomers will come to site and get popup ads, which popup ads aren't a common practice and are usually found in shady sites.. I think it'd deter me from coming onto here if I was new. Like I think we need to think about the health of the site and how the site looks to others who aren't denizens like the most of us on here

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

Some ads seem shady. I wouldn't suggest for people to click on them

that's true too

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

43 minutes ago, Elle said:

I will say, I'm a bit uncomfortable talking about Adsense so outright, so I'm going to put the following answers in a spoiler. I'm also just going to answer everything rather plainly and directly here, as money talk always makes me ~uncomfy~

Hide contents

[removed]

I also just wanted to say with all of this so it doesn't seem like I'm complaining or anything, I pay for this site willingly. It is my pleasure and honour to do so. It is also solely my responsibility, and I take it with stride. However, it is always nice and helpful for me when AdSense can cover all, or at least most, of the fees x

omg no wonder i always used to bump into the previous LB owner in all the gay clubs all the time :toofunny: he was living off those Elle funds :lolliney:i should’ve gotten him to pay for my drinks

this makes me more inclined to say keep them tbh. obviously for the ppl who are suffering site glitches and stuff bc of them it’s a different story but i rly don’t think that having to click Close on an ad every 5-10 pages is big enough a deal to warrant not trying to help out w that kind of financial pressure

RVhKIwP.gif

1 minute ago, boom like that said:

You raise such a great point, I've literally never seen any other site utilize pop up ads other than download sites. Like the shady ones that you have to pass through to download minecraft mods :rip::rip: Its just so weird to me to add pop up ads to the site. Like it gives the site kinda a shady vibe especially paired with the "Not secure" status next to the url :thumb2:

I just want to add a note about the not secure thing - we have a fully functioning Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) script installed, but because some of our site tools and images are coded in with HTTP instead of HTTPS, the page is marked as "partially insecure" but please rest assured that all sensitive information is securely encrypted. I know some users have been concerned about that, but please know that everything is secure, it's just the way some of our tools and such are coded in that mark the page as not fully secure. To give some users a piece of mind, I tried to go through the code and change the HTTP elements to HTTPS, but this ended up resulting in the issue where users kept getting logged out and then couldn't log back in. So, I need to tackle that issue in a while when I have some more time to figure everything out properly.

Also I just want to reiterate that the ads only occur in-between some page loads and will not randomly pop-up while reading or creating posts. Also, they will be the same sort of ads as you would see on banners, so no MILF ads here! All ads are provided to be through Google Adsense rather than from dodgy ad issuers. 

Just wanted to clear up some things that could be misconceptions there, although I still completely understand if the vignette ads are not your cup of tea x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

so no MILF ads here!

Then how will I know how many miles a hot, single milf in my area is from me? :lange: 

In all seriousness, though, if it's helpful to you and the site, I'm alright with the pop ups ads. None of the ones I've gotten have been too harrowing, and they're pretty quick for me to close out of 

imageproxy.jpg

i use an ad-blocker so i dont see them at all

however keep them and get that coin! i'll unblock the site to help out too. at the end of the day, you're the one paying for all of this and keeping this community alive, you should do what's in your best interests to keep that going

negAbhB.png

22 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

@Elle i'm curious, do you make more if one of us clicks the ad? should we all do an ad clicking campaign just to give the site more revenue? i'm genuinely wondering if that would do anything bc believe me i'll do it i'll click every ad for like an hour if it gives you more ad revenue and keeps the site open

Good question, should I be clicking an ad every so often or something? I'm still willing to help out monthly to disable the ads regardless, but until then, I can throw some clicks your way ?

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

Also, they will be the same sort of ads as you would see on banners, so no MILF ads here!

what you got against MILFs Elle? :smokes:

sorry i couldn't resist

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

guys please help me budget my site. I don't know what im doing wrong.

Budget: $6000

Cost for Renting Site: $5000

Clothing as seen on LDR (97): $20000

Magazine covers(30): $3000

Time spent working on site: 8 hours 

Music & Misc. Merch (53): $8000

Cost for New COCC Theme: $10

25 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

1 minute ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Good question, should I be clicking an ad every so often or something? I'm still willing to help out monthly to disable the ads regardless, but until then, I can throw some clicks your way ?

So technically, it is against Google Adsense policy for me to ask users to click on ads (or click them myself) but I will answer some of these questions to give some insight!

Clicking on ads generates much more revenue than just viewing them. However, Google can also tell when I click ads myself or if people just click on ads repeatedly just for the sake of clicking them, or if people accidentally click an ad and immediately close the page. For an ad click to actually count, it has to seem like a real, genuine ad click. But yes, these sorts of clicks generate more revenue.

So, while I'm not asking/telling you to click on ads, you can take that information as you may xx

3 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

what you got against MILFs Elle? :smokes:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

My ex would always joke about leaving me for a MILF and then she did :rip: x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I mean if it was a kind of store, wouldn’t that be a different thing? 

1 minute ago, suicideblonde said:

Ohhhh whats this

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, suicideblonde said:

Hey hey hey, now I'm not deliberately asking for money here! I'm not trying to throw my hands in your pockets, nor forcefully shove ads in your face.

The whole point of this thread was to ask your opinions on this before I did anything.

Yes this would be a great opportunity, but it also isn't imperative that I do this. Yes it would be nice, but this isn't a life or death matter.

Also as I've stated, I gratefully and willingly choose to host LanaBoards. & if sometimes that means paying out of pocket, then I gladly do so! Again, it is my pleasure to host LanaBoards. It is also my responsibility.

I will continue to host LanaBoards no matter what, and no matter the cost.

I'm not desperately struggling here, but more revenue for the site is never a bad thing.

Again, I am not forcefully shoving ads in your face, or even requesting that users donate. I'm simply asking if running vignette ads would be tolerable so I can earn more revenue for the site, or if users are strongly opposed to it.

No matter what, I will always continue to fund the site, even if Adsense doesn't completely cover it. I took on that duty when I bought the site in the first place!

I have a great love for Lana, and part of showing that is by collecting merch and hosting a fan site. Nothing in this world comes free!

But again, I do it all willingly. I am not complaining. I wanted thoughts about a possible opportunity. If I really didn't care or if I was super desperate, I would have silently implemented the ads permanently without saying anything at all. & this post isn't even me saying, hey I'm going to be implementing these ads for sure, leave some thoughts if you wanna. It's me genuinely asking for thoughts and opinions because I genuinely value your input before any site decision I make.

That's all x

9 minutes ago, suicideblonde said:

I don't understand this comment - while the other expenses are accrued over years on personal spend, are you saying $5000 isn't a lot of money to spend on a website that no one else contributes to? :um2: 

3lfQEhw.png

4 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

so yeah when are we getting the cocc theme 

The COTCC theme is essentially finished. I had someone helping me with some of the photoshop work, but that person has been MIA the past week while I've been waiting on a slight revision I noticed I needed before launching the theme. I asked someone else to help me instead, but that person hasn't had a chance to help out with it either.

I want to make sure the theme is perfect before releasing it, rather than it being left with still needing a few tweaks and revisions. I'm just waiting on my little helpers, but as soon as everything's set, it will be up.

I've been using the WIP theme for a bit now, and I think you all will really like it. Again, it just needs a little tweak before I feel comfortable launching it, but I need to wait on others who are helping me out with it. I'm really sorry for the delay, but I am relying on some other people here (and am very grateful for their help!) x

4 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

I don't understand this comment - while the other expenses are accrued over years on personal spend, are you saying $5000 isn't a lot of money to spend on a website that no one else contributes to? :um2: 

I am saying 

Clothing as seen on LDR (97): $20000

1 minute ago, new gods said:

someone call up that moon phase and ask him to sell an unreleased song and pay his reparations :dua:

I thought the crappy third installment of the Twilight saga had flew off the board?