honey dew

Favourite Lana Intros and Outros

Idk if this topic has been made before but I want to discuss intros and outros. Lana has some of the most captivating intros that make me stop dead in my tracks and outros that make me also stop dead in my tracks and take an already brilliant song to another level before it's over. Imo these are moments that make her such a singular artist

My favourite intros are:

1. Honeymoon - The double bass with the glissando violins girl so glamorous and dark and BEAUTIFUL it's a pinnacle Lana Del Rey moment for me it's perfect there's nobody else that could pull this off Honeymoon is just beyond

2. California - So heartbreaking and gorgeous I remember not being excited for this song based on the snippet but this intro alone (and the rest of the song) cemented California in my hall of fame 

3. The Greatest - Same as Cali just so bittersweet and the guitar sounds delicious The Greatest is my fav song on NFR

Fav outros:

1. The Greatest - The first time I heard this outro I felt s*icidal I was not prepared for the despair of this and the solo piano at the end to really give me space to think about all that's gone wrong and continues to go wrong in my life = ) One of the most impactful musical moments for me ever I still boohoo to this song

2. Off To The Races - Period

3. Cinnamon Girl - PERIOD

Intro:

God Bless America

Venice Bitch 

Florida Kilos

Outro:

Get Free

Mariners Apt. Complex

The Greatest

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

It's weird cause I don't like the song but the first 3-5 seconds of Born To Die define Lana as a whole and make my stomach curl (in the best of ways) every single time. It's insanely powerful

ZKcaooE.png

intro: cruel world, i immediately get sucked into the world of ultraviolence when it starts :hair:
outro: cola! i like the vocalisation while the music fades out , and i also like the high by the beach outro, that whole song is just hypnotising

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

Intro:

Born To Die- just iconic, totally definition of Lana

National Anthem- PERIODTT!:smokes::smokes:

Cruel World- always goosebumps on IT!!:excited:

Salvatore- fairytalish 

Outro:

High By The Beach- just WHEW:defeated:

Cinnamon Girl:crai:

MAC- MAGIC!!!!

Intro: Honeymoon, Born to Die for the strings, HM’s remind me of a mysterious horror movie. White Dress is one of her best openers and the intro pulls you in right away. 

outro: MAC for the change in instrumentation. Get Free for the message and the ocean atmosphere. The last piano notes of the Greatest are just so emotional. 
honorable mention: Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood. Everybody here hates it but I love how corny her version is and how fitting the message is for her. The last notes remind me of a music box in a way. 

Blue jeans, the video version has an incredible intro and outro. You feel sucked into a never-ending relationship.
Honeymoon is poisonous, how dark and oppressive it is under this great scorching sun. It reminds me of a horror movie.
Cola is absolutely beautiful and timeless. Ride on a road that opens with a mighty sunset, with a handsome old man next to it.

Intros

Cola - the string arrangement is GODLY. It feels like some angel coming down from heaven to proclaim the happy message "mah pussey tastes liketh pepsey colah!"

Born To Die - The dramatic strings followed by the percussion is just GODLY

National Anthem - basically for the same reason as BtD, except this one has even more drama with the fireworks and the contrast between the strings and the dark "drop" afterwards is much more effective

Honeymoon - Horror movie x vintage romance vibes!

High By The Beach - The helicopter siund followed by her looped & reversed vocals is such a badass moment.

Honorable mentions: Gods & Monsters, West Coast, Shades of Cool, God Knows I Tried, Money Power Glory

Outros

Money Power Glory - Her singing this high note over the bold beat ... Beautiful!

White Dress - Raw and dreamy at the same time

Shades Of Cool- feels like a cool-down after that climatic bridge

Honeymoon  - Those jazzy vocals ...:flutter:

MTWBT - The sinister man-eater-esque vocals give the whole song a kind of different meaning within its last seconds

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Ah I think about her outros and intros all the time. 

Fave Intros:

Blue Jeans (music video stringd)

Ultraviolence

BTD

Cola

Ride

Yes To Heaven (all of them)

Burning Desire

13 Beaches

Your Girl

Outros:

High By The Beach

Religion

West Coast

Cinnamon Girl

Cola

Body Electric

COTCC 

Guns and Roses

MAC

OTTR

TBD

Maybe the reason I'm not connecting to the COTCC album is because most of the songs don't have much of an intro. 

My favorite intros are The Greatest, Honeymoon, Pretty When You Cry and (judge me now) Summertime Sadness (honorable mention to Body Electric)

My favorite outros are Terrance Loves You, Off To The Races, Mariners and HBTB

imageproxy.jpg