Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

4 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

The single covers are just objectively funny. I can't stop laughing. I can't even be mad about them. It's all just so hilarious, I love her.

Honestly I don't find them particularly funny with the scars/bruises on her body (which go along with the lyrics)... But the way they are constructed/designed is a bit weird and quirky, yes. :)

6 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

I can't listen to Text Book, which had so much potential, because of that Black Lives Matter line. It's so awkward.

Why? She was there and now she sings about it. It‘s not that deep. Please no more drama :eyeroll2:

1 minute ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

absolutely not luv :bored:

these 3 songs all have more going on than most anything from Chemtrails... not saying they're inherently better, but the vocal production /instruments are all way clearer than the muted sound we got on Chemtrails. I agree the single covers are awful but that's easy enough to change. I think there's an obvious improvement with these songs in terms of production & vocal delivery. 

I absolutely love the lyrics, they touch me in a way most of Chemtrails didn’t. I don’t care about escaping ashes and having coffee by swimming pools and schools... I care about this, about being broken but finding something or someone who makes you feel better. I’m already in love with this album.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Hundred Dollar Bill said:

absolutely not luv :bored:

these 3 songs all have more going on than most anything from Chemtrails... not saying they're inherently better, but the vocal production /instruments are all way clearer than the muted sound we got on Chemtrails. I agree the single covers are awful but that's easy enough to change. I think there's an obvious improvement with these songs in terms of production & vocal delivery. 

The fact that it's better than most on Chemtrails leaves me unbothered. I enjoyed the first three tracks from Chemtrails (Chemtrails and Jesus are splendid), the rest is pretty meh. Anyway I'll try listening again! But certainly not now; not feeling the rush. Unfortunately it's not love at first listen. :blanche4:

original.gif

Blue Banisters really makes me think its about her relationship with Sean and how he promised her all these things and they didn't come true, and her friends and family were there for her after they broke up and helped to fill that void that she was trying to fill with him

I almost wonder if it was originally meant to be on Chemtrails, since that album also touches on her relationship with him, and the last three songs (BUS, DTWD, FF) are about, and also feature her friends who helped her through the breakup and after it as well :xcry:

That airy ambiance that hangs over BB.....

the power in her vocals.....

the lyrics.....

also can y’all not worry about Twitter she obviously doesn’t care she just released 3 of her most revealing songs ever with cover art that makes her look like shrek with the distorted filter please 

2 minutes ago, HunterSThompson said:

No drama, it's just an awkward line :)

downatthemenandmusicBUSINESSSconfrence is way more awkward lol

I don't personally see a problem with the BLM lyric. It makes perfect sense in context of the chorus lyrics. 

14417469274.gif