Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

15 minutes ago, fvck said:

i’m still half asleep and these songs sure as hell aren’t going to wake me up.

HtUMk1i.gif

The songs are a snoozefest. I guess she neither one would do much individually so she released all three. 

I think it's fair to say Lana is sounding bored and formulaic, like she's just banging it out at this point. Either that, or these are some old unreleased tracks she quickly touched up

Omg you guys have me shaking in anticipation, I'm sooo excited!! Waiting til I finish work so I can go outside and put myself on flight mode for an hour so no one can bug me. :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, hornymoon said:

The vocal delivery in WW is so fucking good where on earth were these vocals for Cocc and nfr??? like she finally sung like her old self again and it was so engaging it carried the song even though it was another piano ballad, Textbook's instrumental was really interesting it reminds me of Summer Wine

That's what I just said! She's finally really singing! What an improvement.

• Blue Banisters feels like a continuation of COTCC... still so sluggish for me. Not a fan.
  • Text Book feels okay on first listen. Has potential to grow. BLM line feels forced though.
  • Wildflower Wildfire... okay, a bit better.

Most of her music since COTCC has felt like it just drags and drones on, and these don't seem to be much different. Maybe I'll warm up to them.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Omg you guys have me shaking in anticipation, I'm sooo excited!! Waiting til I finish work so I can go outside and put myself on flight mode for an hour so no one can bug me. :deadbanana:

Ahhh exciting!!  you’re going to love them :wub:

Gosh these songs are so complex The old Lana banana is backkkkjjj

1 minute ago, Urbanney said:
  • Blue Banisters feels like a continuation of COTCC... still so sluggish for me. Not a fan.
  • Text Book feels okay on first listen. Has potential to grow. BLM line feels forced though.
  • Wildflower Wildfire... okay, a bit better.

Most of her music since COTCC has felt like it just drags and drones on, and these don't seem to be much different. Maybe I'll warm up to them.

Do you have covid seems like you have no taste 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

1 minute ago, gasstationkween said:

Gosh these songs are so complex The old Lana banana is backkkkjjj

Do you have covid seems like you have no taste 

good one

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I honestly want to take a moment and appreciate hiadt because I think without it, we wouldn't really have songs like White Dress, Blue Banisters, and maybe even Textbook. I know people like to joke about Jack's 'piano flops' but it really, really woke up the melancholic singer/songwriter in Lana imo. it's still one of the most depressive songs I know 

sgopYhV.gif

Is it just me or these 3 songs sounds exactly like Kate Bush and Lizzy Grant had 3 kids together?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The three songs were just okay imo. Text Book definitely takes the cake though, and I appreciate the throwback of the synths that we hear in UV. It was like being away from home for a very long time and then when you come back and smell your pillows, it radiates that comfort and familiarity that you've missed. 

I still wonder if BB is just it's own thing but I honestly hope these songs aren't on the full album and maybe they were just released as a taster. Like how Hozier released the Wasteland Baby EP but didn't put NFWMB on the full album.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

I honestly want to take a moment and appreciate hiadt because I think without it, we wouldn't really have songs like White Dress, Blue Banisters, and maybe even Textbook. I know people like to joke about Jack's 'piano flops' but it really, really woke up the melancholic singer/songwriter in Lana imo. it's still one of the most depressive songs I know 

I love White Dress. I swear i will protect it until the day i die. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Nah cuz it’s not sitting right with me that as Lana puts herself out there more in her lyrics and artistry the more people are making fun of HER. A lot of Chemtrails was about HER and all these tracks are about HER. It’s ok to not like something or resonate with it but to ridicule her so hard ...... it’s getting weird :um2:

maybe I’m too attached to Lana but idk eye- ?

Just now, Bunny Mozart said:

The three songs were just okay imo. Text Book definitely takes the cake though, and I appreciate the throwback of the synths that we hear in UV. It was like being away from home for a very long time and then when you come back and smell your pillows, it radiates that comfort and familiarity that you've always missed. 

I still wonder if BB is just it's own thing but I honestly hope these songs aren't on the full album and maybe they were just released as a taster. Like how Hozier released the Wasteland Baby EP but didn't put NFWMB on the full album.

lowkey same i couldn’t take a whole album of this sound especially considering the mixing is kinda off, i was hoping for more instruments