Elle

Triple single release: Blue Banisters, Text Book, & Wildflower Wildfire - OUT NOW

I see these three songs as poems, similar to those on 'Violet,' that she sings here instead of recites. 'Text Book' and 'Wildflower' work for me, 'Blue Banisters' less so. They're the sisters of 'Hope.' Commercial, they're not. How will Stans feel about a whole album like this?  

They remind me of the later work of Laura Nyro, when she stopped writing pop songs altogether and instead moved into some very complex song structures.

They also remind me of some of the brilliant, long and complex songs Tori Amos wrote, recorded and then left off her albums, like 'Garlands' and 'Apollo's Frock.' 

1 minute ago, new gods said:

the way we haven't heard those ambient background samples since honeymoon maybe.. text bible is giving us everything and more :legend:

'Text Bible' is the hot girlie, she's the moment. :sluttybunny:

BB is very ambient,very beautiful reflective girl, a grower for sure

WW is an edgy gal who has a lot to say, we have to stan, but she needs a few more listens for me to get into tbh

GOD BOOK/ TEXT BIBLE IS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR ON MY KNEES :trisha:

Blue Banisters has NO RIGHT being that goddamn beautiful. I mean it trumps almost everything on Cocc in terms of sonic beauty. And the rawness, that vulnerability. It's a stunner. Her title track record continues into the clouds.

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

The three songs sure are growers. I am impressed how « minimal » Mike Dean went with WW. 

right? it doesn't sound like a mike production at all but it's still really beautiful. i think this was only an appetizer of what's to come from them, he mentioned classic lana sounds like strings and the drums of WW remind me of some of the drum samples on BTD so i think it's only gonna get better from here :flutter:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Just now, Tropico Angel said:

Song analysis anyone??? I really wanna get to know the meaning behind these lines, her songwriting and storyteling is getting more interesting than ever.

Wouldnt go to make an analysis myself yet, but couldnt agree more with you on the storytelling thing. 

It's as she decided to unleash her writing powers definetly. These three songs have brought the lyricism I've been wanting from her since I listened to her the first time.

There's no coming back from here creatively, and I truly couldnt be happier that she has finally decided to bring everything to the table.

11 minutes ago, LanaTheRay said:

She's just a glamorous person...

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

Wildflower, Wild at Heart and Wild One knowing they're the badass bitches of the house!

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

Wild On You (Color Blue) can CHOKE.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I see these three songs as poems, similar to those on 'Violet,' that she sings here instead of recites. 'Text Book' and 'Wildflower' work for me, 'Blue Banisters' less so. They're the sisters of 'Hope.' Commercial, they're not. How will Stans feel about a whole album like this?  

They remind me of the later work of Laura Nyro, when she stopped writing pop songs altogether and instead moved into some very complex song structures.

They also remind me of some of the brilliant, long and complex songs Tori Amos wrote, recorded and then left off her albums, like 'Garlands' and 'Apollo's Frock.' 

I was thinking the same exact thing about the structure... still can't decide if the songs are unfinished in a way or simply raw, but I'm here for the overall feelings. But idk there's def sth weird about them (could be in a good way tho) :kiss2:

They are lyrically interesting

Spoiler

And that's all, because they go nowhere sonically and imo should've been left as poems. These don't seem like fully developed songs, but poems with background music

It's nice to get something new

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 minutes ago, Jimmytheworst said:

I was thinking the same exact thing about the structure... still can't decide if the songs are unfinished in a way or simply raw, but I'm here for the overall feelings. But idk there's def sth weird about them (could be in a good way tho) :kiss2:

The song structures and melodies are very unusual...I don't see any of the three as reminiscent of COCC, because the melodies of COCC tracks, with the exception of WD and Yosemite (which had been recorded years before), were very simple...'Wild At Heart,' 'NATWWAL,' 'DTWD,' even the title track was pretty straight forward and basic. 

I can't imagine how the 'professional' critics will receive the album, depending on if the three are the only complex tracks or if the entire album is as melodically 'dense.' 

new here! Joining at the start of a new album rollout but ive stalked the forum for like ten years as a guest :)

So obsessed with WW! I have missed these low vocals and the atmospheric production. COCC was cute but looking back it was all getting a bit too minimal and shrill for the Lana I fell in love with. This feels like a return to form.

also love the message of BB. Assuming the banisters are a metaphor for the supporting structures of her ascension / progress as an artist / person. You need banisters to move up. Men that break her heart turn them blue (classic sad lana trope) but her family and friends make them grey at first (at best I can say I’m not sad) but they’re green when the seasons turn because they make her life happy and enrich it like nature. Also maybe it’s an allegory for depression / seasonal affective disorder??