Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Wait. What WW remaster are you talking about? Is it different on Spotify or no?

To me, the three songs sound like they did before :clapback:

Chemtrails needs to be appreciated for what it was. It was Lana’s stepping stone to wanting to retell her story. The bridge between both is beautiful cause in this album she sounds clearer than ever. Jack kind of shaded her persona imo… it seems as if someone like that with a high status currently when it comes to the world of music affected her in some way. But this album feels like a passion for everyone involved, as if they dedicated their artistry to this album specifically. 

giphy.gif

As per her tweet (“last 16 months”) I guess it’s safe to say that — despite there being songs from 2013, 2014, and 2017 — she’s had this album in mind since May 2020 (so basically around QFTC). I can’t believe it’s been that long! Time has moved so quickly and we are so blessed and lucky to get this beautiful album from Lana. Every song is just mind blowing. 

Spoiler

I hope that Dealer still will be a duo. I understand that you all want as much Lana as you can get, but song will lose it's magic without Miles. That difference between verse and chorus is the best thing about it.

I will always love COCC no matter how good this album will be (that it’ll be for sure). But I don’t know what could happen there. Chemtrails video was a true event and an amazing visual but everything after that went downhill. She paid dust to the album and I think that Covid was the cause. That album was planned much earlier and maybe she lost faith in the project after that. She also seemed quite excited about LMLYLAW and I guess she had a better idea for a video planned.

Chemtrails has occupied Honeymoon’s place in Lana’s weird treatment to an album.

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

Chemtrails needs to be appreciated for what it was. It was Lana’s stepping stone to wanting to retell her story. The bridge between both is beautiful cause in this album she sounds clearer than ever. Jack kind of shaded her persona imo… it seems as if someone like that with a high status currently when it comes to the world of music affected her in some way. But this album feels like a passion for everyone involved, as if they dedicated their artistry to this album specifically. 

if jack has a problem with lana's unique & polarizing artistic vision & image he can stay working with taylor & lorde, lana's in a league of her own :bye: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

NFR was the end of the world as we know it, Chemtrails was the quiet uncertainty that comes after that as you pick up the pieces and try to figure out what comes next, and BB is the assembly of those pieces as you start to understand your place in the world and the story you want to tell. :xcry:

Spoiler

I haven't listened to Arcadia yet I'm waiting til after work but omg I'm so excited

All of the 4 released songs have such a timeless feeling about them but listening to them now back to back Banisters still has that special aesthetic, the essence of everything at once submerged into the deep waves of thoughful contemplative sensuality with the crystal vocals and ethereal instrumental. This is a title track for a reason :oprah:

umm.. am I stupid or does that HMV site not ship outside the UK?:toofloppy:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

WAIT GUYS?

I heard that the target cover isn't even the end of it, we still have ANOTHER ALT COVER exclusively for UO????

SO SHE SERVING US 5 ALBUM COVERS AS A WHOLE JUST FOR THIS ERA?

MY GOD, ARE WE BACK TO BORN TO DIE DAYS? SHUT THE FUCK UPPPP :lange:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

WAIT GUYS?

I heard that the target cover isn't even the end of it, we still have ANOTHER ALT COVER exclusively for UO????

SO SHE SERVING US 5 ALBUM COVERS AS A WHOLE JUST FOR THIS ERA?

MY GOD, ARE WE BACK TO BORN TO DIE DAYS? SHUT THE FUCK UPPPP :lange:

i thought the urban outfitters cover was the side-profile cover?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

if jack has a problem with lana's unique & polarizing artistic vision & image he can stay working with taylor & lorde, lana's in a league of her own :bye: 

now taylor and lorde are trying to mimic the greatness lana made on NFR with jack while lana has left them all to flounder :oprah3:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I'm so happy with the track order - for whatever reason when I downloaded the three singles, they downloaded in the order 1. Textbook 2. Blue Banisters 3. Wildflower Wildfire and I always listen to them in that order - so the fact that Textbook and Blue Banisters are in that order on the album really excite me as they're my two faves!

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

1 minute ago, Vanilla Icy said:

now taylor and lorde are trying to mimic the greatness lana made with jack while lana has left them all to flounder :oprah3:

I'm not even a Taylor stan but didnt Folklore just win AOTY :toofloppy:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

3 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

umm.. am I stupid or does that HMV site not ship outside the UK?:toofloppy:

The HMV cover is the exclusive Target cover as well! Don’t worry sis we’re getting them fosho :defeated:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

NFR was the end of the world as we know it, Chemtrails was the quiet uncertainty that comes after that as you pick up the pieces and try to figure out what comes next, and BB is the assembly of those pieces as you start to understand your place in the world and the story you want to tell. :xcry:

Hide contents

I haven't listened to Arcadia yet I'm waiting til after work but omg I'm so excited

Wow.. :wowcry: This is a beautiful depiction of the story of these three albums, and I think you nailed it perfectly.

These albums are sort of accompanying my own life in that way - in 2019 right around the NFR release my world fell apart. I really didn't start to pick up all the pieces of the rubble until early 2021, around when Chemtrails came. Now that we're in the final quarter of 2021, I've begun placing all my pieces together to finally assemble my life back to the way it was. Lana always happens to be the perfect soundtrack to my life, and I can't wait for Blue Banisters to be a part of my next chapter. In October too, my birth month! What perfect timing! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS