Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

3 hours ago, sznofthewitch said:

In TB, does she say 'You touched the detriment most of the friends I knew already had' or 'You dodged the detriment'? Genius says the former, but I hear the latter, and it honestly makes a lot more sense to me. If the song is about Sean and the end of that relationship, which it seems like it is, that line makes it sound like in her eyes he'd avoided being damaged by "fame" and L.A. unlike the other people she knew. Do we have any official lyrics?

“You touched the detriment most of the friends I knew already had.” Def think it’s “touch;” not “dodge.” 

To me, this implies that a lot of life’s personal meaning for Lana has been found through her friendships. Her issues with her mother and father (the detriment) have been somewhat patched up by strong platonic sisterhoods (like the ones she sings about on BB). But she’s never had a ROMANTIC encounter touch this part of her soul; and so she’s saying this man (who I’m assuming is Sean) helped her “right” some of the wrongs of both her own past AND symbolically her father’s— hence the “let’s rewrite history” lyric.

“Detriment” means a state of harm due to lack of necessities. She had a lack of strong parental figures. Her sisterhoods helped to patch up the issues with her mom— but the lack of a strong father figure is what Sean “touched upon”

44 minutes ago, Unban Deluluking said:

When will we have track durations? :trisha:

And instrument credits i can’t take this shit no more ARE THERE MORE VIOLINS OR NOT??? THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW :crying2:

14 minutes ago, be sweet said:

can someone research when the chemtrails credits leaked?

around the same time as the preorder, it was the same week for sure. that’s why i don’t get why we still don’t have them ?? not even the song lengths like…. 

btw guys i actually rly love the vinyl colours lol - the use of primary colours, especially the yellow, is so unexpected, bold, n striking yet it still feels timeless (just like the music itself :trisha:) - it also just impresses on me the album's strength and confidence, much in the same way nfr's imagery did

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, be sweet said:

can someone research when the chemtrails credits leaked?

The duration of the songs were posted on ITunes the day of the preorder. They’re not there yet with BB. I think the credits for the COCC songs came out in the days following the preorder. 

Getting the song credits is always a pre-release highlight, I'm hoping we get some soon. There's a few songs that I'm really manifesting have strings 

imageproxy.jpg

15 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Getting the song credits is always a pre-release highlight, I'm hoping we get some soon. There's a few songs that I'm really manifesting have strings 

and that’s all of them :sass:

34 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I guess we won't have full credits until the album release :icant:

How did we get the writing credits tho? Were they published somewhere or did they leak? 

they're accessible through itunes