Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

4 minutes ago, imenos said:

Someone on Instagram said that "violets for roses" might be "roses bloom for you" with a different name

Confirmed by BOZ that it wasn't, tho... :um2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

59 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

omg what does EVERYBODY call it "sweet caroline" it's SWEET CAROLINA :paris: 

this made me realize I’ve been switching between the two spellings for weeks:prettyhurts: 

also did we ever figure out why Lana reversed the words for WW when she posted the tracklist? Like..what is the official title lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

No, because as much as I love Thunder, I really hope it was reworked. It's always good to have multiple versions... :um2:

And besides, I have the demo on Spotify, so I can always stream that one instead :eartha:

1 minute ago, imenos said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INCANT Guyysysys one of the song just leaked JFKSKSKDNKFKFLFLFLKFKEKSLQMMCMFBZIAIURYZOLS

Reveal hidden contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReVdiyxIFENw86XbHaxQX

oh-wow-eureka.gif

28 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

The way these people say nothing specific at all

”it is a beautiful song..you are not ready!” like wow groundbreaking thank you!

Or “it’s a bop!”……yeah? Wow no shit!

All such non-descript comments. 

I maintain that Sweet Carolina sounds absolutely terrifying

She's never done a single work-related project with friends or family that turned out better than it would've been without them in it

Before people pile on, this is not an opinion on Rob or Chunk as people. They're probably very nice, but whether or not them singing on a Lana Del Rey album is something the populace should be subjected to will be revealed on October 22

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I maintain that Sweet Carolina sounds absolutely terrifying

She's never done a single work-related project with friends or family that turned out better than it would've been without them in it

Before people pile on, this is not an opinion on Rob or Chunk as people. They're probably very nice, but whether or not them singing on a Lana Del Rey album is something the populace should be subjected to will be revealed on October 22

I think it's sweet symbolically that she has included the family that is still in her life on the closing track. from a purely thematic standpoint, i think it's beautiful that she is showing forgiveness by including her father on the same record that has Text book and a really interesting concept given what she's said about how at the end of the record we will hear "where she is now"- that is, présumabley in her small circle of trust.

THAT BEING SAID i agree it's probably not going to be on of her better songs overall. im predicting For Free pt 2 and that it's probably not going to do anything for most of her fans. im mostly just excited to hear what the hell all her family and friends sound like on a song together with her

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

3 minutes ago, opheliaandthemotel said:

I think it's sweet symbolically that she has included the family that is still in her life on the closing track. from a purely thematic standpoint, i think it's beautiful that she is showing forgiveness by including her father on the same record that has Text book and a really interesting concept given what she's said about how at the end of the record we will hear "where she is now"- that is, présumabley in her small circle of trust.

THAT BEING SAID i agree it's probably not going to be on of her better songs overall. im predicting For Free pt 2 and that it's probably not going to do anything for most of her fans. im mostly just excited to hear what the hell all her family and friends sound like on a song together with her

Yes, of course I can appreciate why she'd include them (and that it's her prerogative) but whether or not it's objectively a good song when you take out the sentimentality ... we'll see.

We have to remember that most listeners probably won't even realise that it's her dad and sister singing, too

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream