Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’m just unsure how much sense it would make to get a jacket like that with a poem title abbreviation on it..hmm

y'all it's lana that's pretty usual for her

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

For anyone with an ATRL account, does this person saying DNC is unrelated seem like an actual insider? Like do you think they’ve ever leaked something original before others?

I’ve never seen them give any kind of ‘insider’ info before

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

But how can that insider know it's not album related? I mean it can be a song she wrote and hasn't even recorded yet. The album is probably still months away, it's not like there's a final tracklist floating around the label people :wtf3:

not to mention Lana literally gave us the BB cover in July and BOZ was still saying the album title was changed 

insiders don’t seem to know much about Lana’s plans anymore 

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I’ve never seen them give any kind of ‘insider’ info before

not to mention Lana literally gave us the BB cover in July and BOZ was still saying the album title was changed 

insiders don’t seem to know much about Lana’s plans anymore 

Ok, my hype has returned. I definitely think DNC is important. If we don’t hear anything from a verified insider, I’ll assume it’s album- or (at the very least) poetry-related..hopefully lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i still believe that "DNC" is related to ldr9 or another project in some way, there's no reason for paul to be cryptic about it if it's just a random acronym for a california location or something, as well as the comment about the jacket potentially becoming merch, maybe that atrl user was just making a guess, not that they're actually "in the know", especially so early on in the album's creation

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

As a side-note, I don’t think DNC is related to the Harry Nilsson cover. I went through his entire discography available on Wiki, and there’s not a single song with those letters in the title!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

Shall we start hype campaigning for February? 

It’s gonna be Rock Candy Sweet 🍭

Feb, Valentines Day, Candy 

it’s happening IT’s HAPPENING

She’s also covering Candy Shop by Madonna & California Gurls by Katy Perry :godlaugh:

IMG-3521.jpg

When it comes to the DNC thing, I'll take the word of someone who literally made the jacket and photographed Lana in it over someone on ATRL any day

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i see gifs... speculation... shameless delusion... & hype... ladies, i think we're back into the pre-release era! :sass: oh, how i missed it :aw: :spin: 

I know we don’t have a ton to go on, but a week ago, I wouldn’t have thought the thread would be at this point for a few months!

Something is brewing:ma:

Sylvia Plath 

watch this whole time, Elle actually knew but was asked to keep it on the DL bc Lana might want it to be a surprise :bebe:

conspiracy lanaboards for LDR9 starts :smokes:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

In my opinion,  DNC is either a title acronym or — given its association with the wave graphic — is a place in California that is important to a new album. Like, I would compare this DNC jacket to a hypothetical situation wherein Lana was spotted with Hilton Hotel memorabilia prior to Arcadia’s release.

So DNC could be an acronym for something, or she’s likely teasing a reference to a place that is integral to a song.

Look at the context clues: this jacket is the most custom it can get, but its design is based heavily on the not-custom-at-all Venice jacket from 2019 — down to the colour, font of the lettering, and wave motif.

But also, the Venice Bitch shirt and Yosemite shirt were direct hints, so really, it could be either one :um2:

i'm not over blue banisters yet i'm not i'm not lana the fact you're doing this shit and i'm still noticing little things in black bathing suit like the vocal layering at the end. I NEED THAT SHIT TO RETURN TO THIS ALBUM PLEASE

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Fart Deco said:

Remember Emile on his way to Mike in the studio? :ma:

I remember that of all things, which is exactly why I'm not too worried about the Jack Antonoff discourse. :ma:

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Like, I would compare this DNC jacket to a hypothetical situation wherein Lana is spotted with Hilton Hotel memorabilia prior to Arcadia’s release.

This is such a good point! It almost makes me wonder if she’s been there in the past few months or so. Her Instagram has been deactivated for a while, but I wonder if Del Norte County (assuming that’s the acronym) has cropped up in any of her previous posts

Then again, maybe it’s a “Venice Bitch” situation where it may not necessarily be centered around a specific memory there…if that makes any sense lol 

Sylvia Plath