Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Gravitate said:

There’s absolutely no way DNC has nothing to do with anything. The jacket is very basic and Lana could have easily gotten one anywhere but she specifically chose to customize one with DNC for a reason. I don’t believe ATRL insiders unless they have leaked a full song before... so get to it whoever you are! :hooker:

the thing is i wouldn't put it past her to make an easter egg like this for a project just to scrap it lol. i'm sure it means somethinggg but whether or not that something ever sees the light of day i'm not holding my breath.

its so like her to be a little tease so soon after an album release, it's like a little tradition so i'm having fun speculating regardless! plus we have all this new content to enjoy in the mean time:party:

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

GNwOkMT.jpg

QcRAYTw.jpg

Title: DEL NORTE COUNTY

Producers: Mike Dean, Jack Antonoff

Co-writers: Jack Antonoff

Genre: Acid Rock, Shoegaze

hospital bracelet:ohmy:

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, drugmunny said:

the thing is i wouldn't put it past her to make an easter egg like this for a project just to scrap it lol. i'm sure it means somethinggg but whether or not that something ever sees the light of day i'm not holding my breath.

its so like her to be a little tease so soon after an album release, it's like a little tradition so i'm having fun speculating regardless! plus we have all this new content to enjoy in the mean time:party:

I really hope we figure out what it stands for or it is going to bother me forever lol! It would be Lana to go through all that effort to customize a jacket just to scrap it though. Speculating is really fun and the best part of a pre-album release. I love how quickly she gives us hints after each album so we always have something to theorize about and be excited for!

giphy.gif 

18 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

I really hope we figure out what it stands for or it is going to bother me forever lol! It would be Lana to go through all that effort to customize a jacket just to scrap it though. Speculating is really fun and the best part of a pre-album release. I love how quickly she gives us hints after each album so we always have something to theorize about and be excited for!

i hope she just tells us in a random post á la...

lana-del-rey-nueva-cancion-blue-banister

3 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

:thirst:

what are we counting down to

surprise release :oprah2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

I totally forgot about that photo. I remember people saying she was probably editing a selfie and forgot to delete the sample text :hide: 

:krylie:what a time. 

i remember ppl saying that it was going to be UV inspired bc she's wearing a similar shirt to one she wore during the era

i love that nothing was ever made of this particular image, though. she rlly just said let me tease the kids today

13 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Let's remember that Ben said that they finally were making possible something that Lana had wanted to do for years... And that's something we yet have to see! :um2:

7 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

it’s most likely just her releasing 2 albums in a year 

I don’t think so. Here’s the direct quote:

“She’s already got two albums in mind, I think,” says Millett. “And there’s the other poetry book still to come. She's always been super-prolific.” 

Indeed, earlier this week, Lana confirmed the release of another new album, Rock Candy Sweet, stating that the LP will arrive on June 1. 

“She’s got her own plan for something,” hinted Millett. “I’m not going to say what it is, but she’s had it for years, and it might actually now [be] something we could pull off.” [Link if anyone cares to read it again]

I don’t think it was necessarily the two albums in one year thing… remember, this article came out in March the same day/week COCC came out. We can assume the interview took place before the drop of COCC, so when he said “She’s already got 2 albums in mind, I think” it makes me wonder if he was talking about BB & LDR9, or if he meant COCC and BB. But he said he won’t mention what she’s got planned, and if that was it, they said it right then in the interview and at this point, the article mentions the iconic Rock Candy Sweet / June 1 post. It couldn’t possibly be the two album thing.

On another note, what if it’s a full length film for an entire album, rather than only for 3-4 songs like Tropico. Imagine, Tropico - The Extended Version where it’s like 1.5-2 hours long full of songs from one album so I guess what is that, a visual album? That would also go along with her thinking that she’s going to only make the next album digital, because you can’t play video from a vinyl. Maybe it’s re-recording Taylor style AKA and re-releasing it again someday. The 2 albums in mind thing could’ve been the covers album and BB at the time.

He could’ve also been meaning her departure from social media and dropping albums randomly. Imagine if she did that, just decided on a random Sunday or Thursday to drop an album without telling us. Like there’s something that could be kept secret, which makes sense why Ben wouldn’t wanna talk about it and why the jacket dude doesn’t wanna talk about it either. That goes along even better with the digital release she mentioned. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

40 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Imagine if she did that, just decided on a random Sunday or Thursday to drop an album without telling us. Like there’s something that could be kept secret, which makes sense why Ben wouldn’t wanna talk about it and why the jacket dude doesn’t wanna talk about it either. That goes along even better with the digital release she mentioned. 

I think this is definitely possible, and I hope that’s not just my wishful thinking—I love the idea of a surprise drop. Before deactivating, Lana herself said that her other jobs/interests required privacy, so this could make sense!

Lana wanting to do this for years may imply that her label wasn’t allowing it—maybe at the time they thought she wouldn’t be able to successfully pull off a surprise drop with zero promo:dua:

It’s hard to say whether this would apply to a more typical album or the covers record, but I personally find it odd that they’d be so secretive over something (the covers album) that Lana’s given prior announcement dates for and alluded to in other instances..

If she does surprise drop LDR9, that might explain Mike Dean’s intentional vagueness about his future work with Lana…and why nothing was mentioned at the Variety event :ma:my grasping at straws era 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I just know she'll have a song dedicated to her Gramma for the next album. Since now she's more about exploring her family / lineage stuff.

We might get Gramma 2.0

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I believe she'll have a song dedicated to her Gramma for the next album. Since now she's more about exploring her family / lineage stuff.

We might get Gramma 2.0

And this song is going to be so heartbreaking & bittersweet :trisha: :xcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Del Norte County surprise drop on January 1–the top of the year release we needed:true:

jpop queen, she already mastered the 2 albums a year technique, now it's time for the january 1 release

4 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

“She’s already got two albums in mind, I think,” says Millett. “And there’s the other poetry book still to come. She's always been super-prolific.” 

Indeed, earlier this week, Lana confirmed the release of another new album, Rock Candy Sweet, stating that the LP will arrive on June 1. 

“She’s got her own plan for something,” hinted Millett. “I’m not going to say what it is, but she’s had it for years, and it might actually now [be] something we could pull off.” [Link if anyone cares to read it again]

I don’t think it was necessarily the two albums in one year thing… remember, this article came out in March the same day/week COCC came out. We can assume the interview took place before the drop of COCC, so when he said “She’s already got 2 albums in mind, I think” it makes me wonder if he was talking about BB & LDR9, or if he meant COCC and BB. But he said he won’t mention what she’s got planned, and if that was it, they said it right then in the interview and at this point, the article mentions the iconic Rock Candy Sweet / June 1 post. It couldn’t possibly be the two album thing.

On another note, what if it’s a full length film for an entire album, rather than only for 3-4 songs like Tropico. Imagine, Tropico - The Extended Version where it’s like 1.5-2 hours long full of songs from one album so I guess what is that, a visual album? That would also go along with her thinking that she’s going to only make the next album digital, because you can’t play video from a vinyl. Maybe it’s re-recording Taylor style AKA and re-releasing it again someday. The 2 albums in mind thing could’ve been the covers album and BB at the time.

He could’ve also been meaning her departure from social media and dropping albums randomly. Imagine if she did that, just decided on a random Sunday or Thursday to drop an album without telling us. Like there’s something that could be kept secret, which makes sense why Ben wouldn’t wanna talk about it and why the jacket dude doesn’t wanna talk about it either. That goes along even better with the digital release she mentioned. 

Wasn't that a response about Lana doing something similar to Dua's livestream? I guess it has something to do with visuals/performances. Maybe she wants to record a full visual album/movie as you said but she also said recently (with BB MV) that she loves when nothing really happens in MVs so who knows with Lana :thumb2:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

And this song is going to be so heartbreaking & bittersweet :trisha: :xcry:

i agree, while Gramma is about her gramma is her soulmate that she trusts, who gives her protection, sheltered Lana with her arms during Lana's teenage phase. If there will be Gramma part 2, it can be about how she's a grown woman now, after gained her wise & life experience through the years. She'll probably reflect it all back to what Gramma had taught her when she was young.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

i was listening to this song and i’d really like lana to try out a sound more like this again (alongside another UV type of rock or NFR). it sounds like it could fit on BTD with the guitars reminiscent of something on UV? or am i tripping

7 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i thought about all of that too and it’s not that far fetched yes but we’re talking about lana. i don’t see why she would make a visual album when she clearly doesn’t care about visuals and esthetic anymore and 90% of her clips now are below bare minimum… i just don’t see her putting in the effort to do a whole visual album when she barely makes simple mv’s for her songs now. and since the topic was dula pipa’s livestream i see it more as a virtual concert idea or something like that but then again they talked about it practically a year ago and nothing really happened… i think we shouldn’t expect much from what Ed said and if something does happen we’ll be even more surprised :brows: