Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Lanaboards Instagram page posted that Lana’s Honeymoon page posted then deleted saying that Nikki Lane is on 30 Seconds at the Greek! Can anyone confirm that she posted that? Not amused at all by this news at all. I do not want Nikki on LDR 10, and that song title sounds like Coachella pt. 2.

Also, I just realized that Lana might have an additional shot at a Grammy when Taylor submits SOTB to Best Pop Group/Duo. She has slim odds this year, maybe BB could win best song but it’s unlikely. If her album is great she may have very real odds next year in pop group/duo and also in categories for her own album.

yeah it was just a selfie but she was saying that nikki was about to perform in 30 seconds at the greek. it wasn’t a song title. she was saying that she was on in 30 seconds

2 minutes ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

Lanaboards Instagram page posted that Lana’s Honeymoon page posted then deleted saying that Nikki Lane is on 30 Seconds at the Greek! Can anyone confirm that she posted that? Not amused at all by this news at all. I do not want Nikki on LDR 10, and that song title sounds like Coachella pt. 2.

Also, I just realized that Lana might have an additional shot at a Grammy when Taylor submits SOTB to Best Pop Group/Duo. She has slim odds this year, maybe BB could win best song but it’s unlikely. If her album is great she may have very real odds next year in pop group/duo and also in categories for her own album.

3 hours ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'm probably asking a lot, but I really hope this next album to be an ERA. I feel like the last time we had one was with Norman. I want her to go back to her main account, give us new interviews and an album cover as good as the one with Norman.  (A tour perhaps) 

well not to be delusional but her next era will most likely be way more eventful with dua dropping tap management

Lana is for sure their main focus now (or at least should be)

3 hours ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I think SOTB can only be submitted for 2024, the deadline was some weeks before (that's why BB is for 2023)

1 hour ago, venicebitch said:

well not to be delusional but her next era will most likely be way more eventful with dua dropping tap management

Lol TAP worked overtime to rebrand Dua-I remember when they were trying to cash into lanas tumblr appeal to actively aim for an audience with Dua but realised it was failing and scrubbed tons of pics off the internet.

Before:

hero-10318-348560045.jpeg?itok=iAOvbnr2

dua-lipa-leaves-radio-one-studios-in-lon

After:

dua-lipa-performs-live-lollapalooza-pari

dua-lipa-and-stormzy-win-big-at-brit-awa

9 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I remember when they were trying to cash into lanas tumblr appeal to actively aim for an audience with Dua but realised it was failing and scrubbed tons of pics off the internet.

wasn't she also like 20 years old then? i mean yeah they for sure had a LOT of influence on her becoming a huge popstar (which makes it even more sad with her dropping them) just like they did with lizzy becoming THEE lana del rey but also changing your style at your early to late 20s is pretty normal to me

1 hour ago, venicebitch said:

wasn't she also like 20 years old then? i mean yeah they for sure had a LOT of influence on her becoming a huge popstar (which makes it even more sad with her dropping them) just like they did with lizzy becoming THEE lana del rey but also changing your style at your early to late 20s is also pretty normal to me

Oh I’m not accusing her of being a plant or some silly term. For its worth I’ve never understood the Lana comparison though-she’s always wore similar things even as lizzy with a Hollywood obsession-it was just funny because dua started out this way and changed her entire look and songlist mid-way through her first album.

3 hours ago, venicebitch said:

I don't think Dua was ever the reason for Lana doing not so much promo for the last 2 records... it's was probably a mix of the albums being released during the pandemic and Lana only caring about releasing the music itself :hide:

NFR era had a lot of promo (for Lana standards) and Dua was with TAP 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

At this point, any nomination for a Grammy is a win… 

44 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think Dua was ever the reason for Lana doing not so much promo for the last 2 records... it's was probably a mix of the albums being released during the pandemic and Lana only caring about releasing the music itself :hide:

NFR era had a lot of promo (for Lana standards) and Dua was with TAP 

Agree 100%. All the artists represented by TAP seem to have a lot of liberties and have very different endeavours. I imagine the first convo between Ed/Ben and a new artist is: How big do you want to be? 
Lana is an oddball and since uv, we have rumours that she wishes to be a recording artist mainly, like it was the case in the 60s. I think she learned how to compromise and she is very damn lucky that her vision of things (promo, albums…) is happening despite what the « rules of the industry » are usually about. 

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Agree 100%. All the artists represented by TAP seem to have a lot of liberties and have very different endeavours. I imagine the first convo between Ed/Ben and a new artist is: How big do you want to be? 
Lana is an oddball and since uv, we have rumours that she wishes to be a recording artist mainly, like it was the case in the 60s. I think she learned how to compromise and she is very damn lucky that her vision of things (promo, albums…) is happening despite what the « rules of the industry » are usually about. 

Yeah she hasnt done promo really since UV-no talk shows or performances, mostly radio gigs and magazines.

it’s not a new thing really.

On 10/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, DCooper said:

Boz just tweeted "the world is not ready for the masterpiece of an album that I just heard...

Preachers Daughter was released 5 months ago though

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e