Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

17 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Everything you say makes sense, but call me basic, but he worships the ground beneath Dua. Could be about her, plus he commented on a post about her being in the studio, naming producers involved on her next album. 
i wish it was about Lana, it could be, but I haven’t heard a lot of praise for her from him lately. 
anyways, I’m looking forward for her Taylor collab, it’s way less frustrating. 

I mean the whole theory is based on the fact that he didn’t expect to like the album this much , Dua is his fav while Lana’ s latest albums haven’t been his cup of tea. I def think it’s not about Dua at all.

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

wait, i'm confused, why are we talking about boz listening to the album? didn't he listened to cocc and bb when they were unfinished? so him listening doesn't necessarily means the album is ready...

also the fact that he liked the album is so vague... like ok and? 

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

Has BoZ ever mentioned Ellie Goulding at all? Someone here and on FOTP are leaking titles, artworks and release dates

Yeah he was the one that kinda leaked everything about her new album (even though she started to tease it yesterday herself too)

34 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Everything you say makes sense, but call me basic, but he worships the ground beneath Dua. Could be about her, plus he commented on a post about her being in the studio, naming producers involved on her next album. 
i wish it was about Lana, it could be, but I haven’t heard a lot of praise for her from him lately. 

Dua said it's coming maybe in 2023 so it's probably really far from done... also he's excited about some new producers working with her so he hasn't heard that new music + she wasn't mentioned in his tweets and he stans her... she could release anything and he'll call it a masterpiece so he wouldn't be surprised.

But yeah... at least we have the Taylor song 100% coming in a week. The only thing that we don't have to speculate anymore :thumb2:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Him loving Dua makes me think it isn’t her because he wouldn’t be surprised he likes what she came up with..plus there’s still the jack comment, too

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, WildMustang said:

I mean the whole theory is based on the fact that he didn’t expect to like the album this much , Dua is his fav while Lana’ s latest albums haven’t been his cup of tea. I def think it’s not about Dua at all.

:oic3: You’re right! I had forgotten about that part! Maybe it’s about Lana after all. Did he confirm that the Jack appreciation tweet was about Snow on the beach, or it’s still a guessing game?

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

:oic3: You’re right! I had forgotten about that part! Maybe it’s about Lana after all. Did he confirm that the Jack appreciation tweet was about Snow on the beach, or it’s still a guessing game?

- He said he won't comment on Taylor's album.

- Commented on Jack Antonoff, said "if he does something right it's fucking incredible".

- Liked multiple Lana related pictures and tweets.

- Said "she spilled" in response to Taylor saying Lana is "one of the best artists".

- Was surprised that he liked it so much, which matches with him disliking COTCC and BB.

- A couple months before he can say more, also matches with the approximate timeline we have from Ben's "soon" comments.

That's basically the summary.

10 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

- He said he won't comment on Taylor's album.

- Commented on Jack Antonoff, said "if he does something right it's fucking incredible".

- Liked multiple Lana related pictures and tweets.

- Said "she spilled" in response to Taylor saying Lana is "one of the best artists".

- Was surprised that he liked it so much, which matches with him disliking COTCC and BB.

- A couple months before he can say more, also matches with the approximate timeline we have from Ben's "soon" comments.

That's basically the summary.

All right, I’m convinced :kiss::true:

starting to freak out and move right now :oprah4:

New "info" on that site. Probably fake but increased fake descriptions do tend to happen as we get closer to something real :ma:

LDR X (LDR9 is covers album)

Mix of R&B/dream pop

similar to Kali Uchis sonically except with orchestra, piano, and guitar modulators used by jack antanoff to create a literal siren sound

Entire album is best described as unhinged yet beautiful - feels like a better executed version of Blue Banisters (though I still wish she'd kept that album as a western record)

6 minutes ago, DCooper said:

New "info" on that site. Probably fake but increased fake descriptions do tend to happen as we get closer to something real :ma:

Mix of R&B/dream pop

similar to Kali Uchis sonically except with orchestra, piano, and guitar modulators used by jack antanoff to create a literal siren sound

Entire album is best described as unhinged yet beautiful - feels like a better executed version of Blue Banisters (though I still wish she'd kept that album as a western record)

this reminds me that we need a lana x kali collab. that would be a dream. :flutter:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

16 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Mix of R&B/dream pop

Doesn't really make sense considering Lana herself said her new album is the 10th cause she counts Violet...

But I like how dream pop and R&B sounds which is the opposite I'm expecting for the album :hide:

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Mix of R&B/dream pop

At least they're consistent, the Take Me Home Country Home snippet was titled with LDR9 and the Malibu ones with LDRX.

Interesting that they mention the guitar modulators we saw in Jack's ig stories.

39 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Mix of R&B/dream pop

Yeah, that's really broad. 'Dream pop' could mean almost anything from 'The Look of Love' by Dusty Springfield to ABBA to 'Pumped Up Kicks' and way beyond. She's spoken of so many varieties of 'cover album' that I wouldn't be surprised if LDR9 is a cover album of some kind. 

And typically, when artists do a cover album, they usually slip in one of their own songs that they feel somehow 'feels right' with the rest of the material, and, in my experience, they're almost always wrong. So Lana may do that. 

In what sense was BB even slightly a 'western record'? 

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

Mix of R&B/dream pop

wait what does this mean?

are we getting LDR9 & LDRX separately? LDR9 is the covers album and then there comes LDRX or LDRX is still LDR9 but is a covers album? i am confused

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

If true, BoZ has been listening to LDRX, which we probably won't get until 3-4 months from now, while there's a chance we could get the long-planned and prepared LDR9 covers album (with Take Me Home Country Roads maybe?) right before Christmas. The "I hope you guys like country" comment and the other hints make more sense now.

The main thing that confuses me about *that* site’s description of the record is that it’s similar to dream pop/R&B but also a better executed Blue Banisters? 

Maybe I’m misinterpreting the description, but unless they meant lyrically, I feel like Blue Banisters is pretty far from R&B/dream pop:um2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Are we manifesting a double release now? LDR9 - the covers album AND LDRX - the official tenth studio album

ARE WE MANIFESTING? :trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Wait...... maybe she'll announce LDR9 soon after the Taylor song and release the covers album digitally right away while we wait for the actual new record :hype:

Even though if a release was imminent BOZ would have probably said something...

giphy.gif