Elle

LDR9 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This is going to be such a slow week since nothing will happen until the Taylor collab and then we'll enter another cycle of speculation about how far the lead single actually is :hide:

I hope she just announces it the same day she posts about Snow On The Beach... (if she even acknowledges it :delish:

giphy.gif

I dislike how Lana basically turns into a ghost during the making of her albums. You’re an artist and singer full-time not just when it comes to the actual announcement of release date so put your ass to work and give us something, ma’am 

:sideeye:

31 minutes ago, blackpalmtrees said:

I dislike how Lana basically turns into a ghost during the making of her albums. You’re an artist and singer full-time not just when it comes to the actual announcement of release date so put your ass to work and give us something, ma’am 

she doesn’t owe us her attention, especially considering the fact that she is so successful and popular to the point where she gets millions of streams each day on an album that was released over a decade ago, and gets more streams than dua lipa and doja cat, she works very hard, she’s constantly recording and gave us two albums last year, and if she was ready to announce anything or give us news/information, she would, but she’s not so obviously she’s not ready to

WGe8ynS.gif

1 hour ago, blackpalmtrees said:

thats bc shes idk... being an artist recording music full-time and not being a corporate advertising machine focused on social media engagement 

mUENGN9.png

2 hours ago, blackpalmtrees said:

YARN | Oh, shut the fuck up! | Scary Movie (2000) | Video clips by quotes |  d09fe567 | 紗

I personally love how reclusive she is during pre-release phases. It's refreshing! She is an artist. She puts her energy where it needs to go, into creating the album. She hasn't done big promotion since Born To Die, arguably UV/Honeymoon, depending on what you consider promotion. So I don't know why you guys still twiddle your fingers to make posts like this knowing how she is already. 

9 hours ago, blackpalmtrees said:

Since the Rockefeller snippet, it’s been really dry indeed. But she did something I didn’t was possible in 2022: IMO, she regained her « mysterious » aura / persona that she had in her early career (switching to her HM account, posting freely and carelessly and not always in the purpose of an album). 

How could it be ellie goulding when she doesn't even know how to make one good song let alone a masterpiece of an album.

But then again this is a Dua Lipa stans opinion...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

19 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

How could it be ellie goulding when she doesn't even know how to make one good song let alone a masterpiece of an album.

But then again this is a Dua Lipa stans opinion...

If I remember correctly, other LB users mentioned that he made some not-so-complimentary comments about Ellie recently, so it seems safe to say that the “masterpiece” comment is probably not about her!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

She's back at her mysterious self indeed and I love it :wub: she's big enough that she doesn't need to lift a finger in order to be relevant. It's enough to just be Lana Del Rey.

tumblr_inline_qhw6etIHor1wxgybj_500.gif

last.fm: dope_n_diamonds // twitter: lovinglydelrey

I personally love that she’s not posting a bunch of snippets so that by the time the album comes out, none of the material feels fresh anymore. I also love not getting false release dates. Like others above said, I love that she’s being mysterious again like she used to be; that was part of her allure to me, never knowing what she was going to do next and not knowing what to expect by the time I clicked play on track one of a new record. For example, for me, hearing Cruel World for the first time on release night was a time I will NEVER forget. Absolutely magical. 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”