Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Such an abrupt ending to her Q&A :(

That aside, I noticed something funny about her show the other day! During 'Are You Satisfied' she accidentally sang part of the lyrics to an old demo version of the song, and definitely noticed and was embarrassed!

Here's the old demo line: "High achiever, that is me! & I don't need your weed." rather than "High achiever, don't you see? Baby, nothing comes for free." (1:11)

Here's here slipping up: "High achiever, that is me! -- !!" (0:20)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Will you perform No More Suckers in your upcoming shows? It's one of your staple songs in my opinion.

Yes of course. The setlist changes every leg of every tour I do. So, Suckers will be added, Baby will be added, and some other ones near with time. So, the festival runs this summer will be different and the US.

Oh shit... I will cry out of anger if she sings NMS at Nashville's show, that's my least favorite. 

#amy lee from Oreomilkshake

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

Because at the time she wrote those songs she didn’t feel that way. She didn’t write Obsessions thinking “in a couple of years I’ll feel differently about this song and I won’t sing it anymore.” She wrote that song cause that’s how she felt at that time. She’s not in the mindset anymore that she was at while writing those songs, but at the time she wrote them she was. People change.

I know she didn’t literally think “I’m gonna feel different about this in X year” but it’s obviously implied. Songs like Mowgli’s Road, Teen Idle etc. Are VERY specific and no longer adhere to her reality. However, the same can be said for half of her discography

Like I’m not saying if she can’t for the life of her that she should anyway, but that she should af least understand how a very large chunk of her discog deals with themes that probably now she doesn’t feel her own, but those songs are the same reason why she stood out so many years ago to her fans. Like brushing them off as simply “Nah I don’t feel like it anymore” is not understanding how songs like Obsessions have a major effect on her fandom and are ALWAYS cited as the most influential

I can understand her not wanting to play Teen Idle anymore (even if im not happy about that) but Obsessions is such a staple in her discography (I mean, that's what happens when you're her best song.) it feels...weird that it's not on the setlist.

Anyone here talented enogh to somehow cut out the original ‘YOU!’ And ‘i!’ From the You demo and rework the album version to include those? My ears have been begging to hear it since the initial leak

It’s not good. Her vocals are worse and there’s a weird part where J Balvin makes a farting noise

why did i cackle at this? fuck.

giphy.gif

Anyone here talented enogh to somehow cut out the original ‘YOU!’ And ‘i!’ From the You demo and rework the album version to include those? My ears have been begging to hear it since the initial leak

i was screwing around with it about a week ago and this was the outcome

https://soundcloud.com/abombnd2/yew-yes-are-break-down-eye

it doesn't sound good

xMcVPI7.jpg

There's no snippet of the 'I' part from the demo, but I added the demo adlibs very faintly to the album version.

Also reversed it and used it as a synth too.

https://picosong.com/wErRU

so marina had a small session the other day which i was lucky enough to attend. it was a q&a and also an element where she sang handmade heaven on the piano whilst going through chord progressions. it was insightful and amazing to see her up close and even get the chance to talk to and get a photo with her. there's photos and the q&a highlights on there:

https://www.royalalberthall.com/about-the-hall/news/2019/may/marina-leads-insightful-songwriting-workshop-for-aspiring-artists/

054.jpg006.jpg020.jpg046.jpg

ALSO i just came back from the london show and i take back everything i said about the set and the setlist. it was perfect and was such an amazing night!!

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

so marina had a small session the other day which i was lucky enough to attend. it was a q&a and also an element where she sang handmade heaven on the piano whilst going through chord progressions. it was insightful and amazing to see her up close and even get the chance to talk to and get a photo with her. there's photos and the q&a highlights on there:

https://www.royalalberthall.com/about-the-hall/news/2019/may/marina-leads-insightful-songwriting-workshop-for-aspiring-artists/

ALSO i just came back from the london show and i take back everything i said about the set and the setlist. it was perfect and was such an amazing night!!

The London show was so goooood. Honestly, I know everyone is complaining about it being more simple lyrics and whatever but she just looked so... happy. Her whole family was there, the setlist was really good, in real life the choreo and stuff is properly good. I'm happy for her, especially with the album going to #5. Froot debuted at #10 right?

:spice: