Elle

[SINGLE] Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd: OUT NOW

11 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Is she vaping in the intro?

I guess she could be but I do not hear any vape sounds. That said I don't vape so not sure if they all make noise or not. To me it just seems like she is taking a really deep breath, like preparing herself in a way.

I don't dislike the song by any means but I still don't think it marries sound and lyrics in a way that makes it amazing. This was my #1 complaint with COCC and BB: very few songs on those albums get that balance right, at least in my (probably unpopular) opinion. One exception is BBS

For me, TUOB is in similar vein to songs like Textbook, Arcadia and Wildfire. They just all give me the sense that they are poems with musical accompaniment, rather than songs. IMO a song marries the two qualities seamlessly and these songs (including TUOB) just don't.

And this opinion has nothing to do with the meaning of the song - I grasp that as well as the next person, I think, and the meaning is very impactful - it's more the composition that I don't like.

So you know, for me, it's just okay. It's interesting because of the lyrics but do I want to sit and listen to it on repeat? No.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

13 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

i read somewhere that in the end of the song when she says don't you forget me it sounds like the time she said it's my day in that cocc livestream and now i can't unhear it 

it ruins my listening experience help :eartha:

Have you heard the hidden yelp toward the end of the song? It’s at 3:37 right after she says “love myself” and someone goes YYYOOOOOO :eartha:

13 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Have you heard the hidden yelp toward the end of the song? It’s at 3:37 right after she says “love myself” and someone goes YYYOOOOOO :eartha:

I can’t hear it for some reason even with headphones on

maybe it’s for the best that i can’t hear it :eartha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Did You Know That There's a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd? new single by Lana Del Rey is a grower, like Honeymoon. The song, Honeymoon, got popular with time. It is slow and orchestrated. It took me a while to get it. Third listen, Tunnel is speaking to me . . .

Allow Lana Del Rey 's frequency to captivate you. Slow down, breathe deep, and let it envelope you . . . I trust my artists. You have to build that trust. You give a little, and the reward is much, much greater.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:53 PM, ShadesOfViolence said:

my rank list of the title tracks: (it's really hard to rank except bb and lfl for me:defeated:)

1.‪UV‬
2.‪HM‬‬
3.‪NFR

4.Ocean Blvd.

5.COCC
6.‪BTD
7.‪BB‬
8.‪LFL‬

what about you guysss!!

:agree2:

1. BB
  2. UV
  3. CCC
  4. HM
  5. Ocean Blvd
  6. BTD
  7. NFR
  8. LFL

On 12/15/2022 at 7:38 AM, prettywhenimhigh said:

edit: love the comment section of this one

He's extremely annoying and uncharismatic, but at least he likes it :thumb3:

Edit: OK, that's hilarious - I didn't even realise he's from a famous but shitty band.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

5 hours ago, longtimeman said:

He's extremely annoying and uncharismatic, but at least he likes it :thumb3:

Edit: OK, that's hilarious - I didn't even realise he's from a famous but shitty band.

I have no clue about who he is, never seen his channel before. which band is he from?

I liked what he had to say about the song tho it's what matters to me lol

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I have no clue about who he is, never seen his channel before. which band is he from?

I liked what he had to say about the song tho it's what matters to me lol

What he says in the 2nd half, the string arrangement did something interesting at the beginning of DYKTTATUOB, "now it's swelling and expansive, and it's making me say OMG this is the REAL thing. This is, it's actually GREAT! I like it. I like it." Picking apart the instrumentals, it makes me appreciate the song more! And the way he observes Lana's voice gets left alone, and she sings sharp, but that conveys emotion.