Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

The artwork is gorgeous. I love every photo Neil did.

My favorite cover:

3c754349e1a7309cb75b27f84d254d83303c97d6

The new song released today however is eh for me. I feel like I heard this song already on Blue Banisters and Chemtrails. Nothing really new soundwise. I hope the other songs on the album are a bit different. 

But the album artwork and photos are wonderful. Very 1960's. Wow. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

No, they said it as if it was a fact. People have every right to have an opinion about what they like or don't like, but to objectively classify something as stupid or boring is to believe that your opinion is worth more than everyone else's, and it's not. 

well how is that different than people raving about this song and calling it a masterpiece? it’s clear we’re all discussing our opinion, no one is insinuating that their opinion is a fact 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

I have the feeling that this album is going to be very varied, but cohesive. I think all of that will be threaded together by the presence of orchestral elements in all or maybe most of the songs. What also makes me think so is the amount of feats.:angie:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

The reason i already think highly of this album is because of the effort that seems to have been put in so far. Lots of producers and collaborators, and also Neil, tells me that things will be different, even if it doesnt take me straight back to BTD-Paradise, UV or Honeymoon. 

I dont think it will surprise us with something totally new, but I think it will sound like a reasonable and positive progression from what shes recently done :really:

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

I have the feeling that this album is going to be very varied, but cohesive. I think all of that will be threaded together by the presence of orchestral elements in all or maybe most of the songs. What also makes me think so is the amount of feats.:angie:

Going off of this note I feel like each single will have a different sound if you know what I mean. Cohesive but varied :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I don't think we'll get any big MVs but maybe some cute video from the photoshoots? We have the album photoshoot in the room with the mirror and the bed and then the single cover location :um2:

Girl me too

but she did surprised us with the COCC mv, so who knows?

Also If honeymoon is alive and breathing what is DNC  :blush3:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

4 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

No, they said it as if it was a fact. People have every right to have an opinion about what they like or don't like, but to objectively classify something as stupid or boring is to believe that your opinion is worth more than everyone else's, and it's not. 

Look, not let’s not pretend everyone here always says, ‘I love the new song—-but , admittedly, that’s JUST my opinion!!’ No—most posters just shower a song with a great deal of love and praise and everyone chimes in along the same lines. 

The only time people get bent out of shape is when someone says something like, “but yeah—the song is a turd,’ instead of what they feel the speaker SHOULD have said—-“but yeah, that song is a turd, but that’s just my little ‘ole backwards opinion.”

okay, i don’t know what people expect from her. unless a miracle happens, her sound is going to remain relatively consistent from now until the end of her career, it’s just fact, she’s not in her 20s anymore and going through new creative phases every few months like she used to be. if you don’t like that then maybe lana isn’t the artist for you anymore. you can’t look to her for “eras” anymore, you can’t look to her for a new sound every album anymore, you can’t look to her for extravagant visuals, etc etc. she’s done all of that, she’s given us all of that. you’re stanning a nearly 40 year old woman not a 22 year old!

12 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

is "boring" because YOU don't like it? Sit down, my dear. Your tastes are not law. 

It’s boring TO ME. Whether you like it or not is your thing.

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

in their defense, they're just stating that THEY think it's boring, they're not stating it as fact

Thank you. It seems people fail to understand that (still).

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i didn't read it that way, i don't feel like they have to explicitly say "my personal belief is that it's boring", just simply describing something as "boring" is not necessarily the same as "it is a fact that this is boring and if you think otherwise you're wrong", regardless of how we feel about their opinion, we shouldn't twist their words 

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

well how is that different than people raving about this song and calling it a masterpiece? it’s clear we’re all discussing our opinion, no one is insinuating that their opinion is a fact 

Exactly but this happens on every forum. Voicing a negative opinion a few hours after the release will always have these kind of aggressive reactions. In a few months more people will probably start saying more negative things cause the hype has died down.

1 minute ago, lilac heaven said:

okay, i don’t know what people expect from her. unless a miracle happens, her sound is going to remain relatively consistent from now until the end of her career, it’s just fact, she’s not in her 20s anymore and going through new creative phases every few months like she used to be. if you don’t like that then maybe lana isn’t the artist for you anymore. you can’t look to her for “eras” anymore, you can’t look to her for a new sound every album anymore, you can’t look to her for extravagant visuals, etc etc. she’s done all of that, she’s given us all of that. you’re stanning a nearly 40 year old woman not a 22 year old!

I understand your point but bestie Miss Grant only started officially releasing music just 10 years ago… she’s not Madonna :rip:

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

honestly the biggest thing is that her sound HAS been pretty consistent

yeah going from AKA, to BTD, to UV, to HM were relatively shocking transitions but starting with LFL onward she's really been drawing from those 4 albums and either building upon it, perfecting it or referencing it - hell there's what's probably trap songs on this upcoming album produced by benji & featuring tommy genesis

also shoutout to @Vertimus & @Rorman Nockwell for being major voices of reason in this thread :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif