Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

@Elle do something please :bebe:

Idk what’s happening as I’ve been out of this thread for a bit, but there seems to be some discourse about the single?

If so, I recommend continuing the conversation in the Single Release Thread to not completely fill the Pre-Release with the same back & forth discussion! (& in the case that the conversation diverges into off-topic discussion tangents, that way it won’t be taking up space in this thread either) x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

Idk what’s happening as I’ve been out of this thread for a bit, but there seems to be some discourse about the single?

If so, I recommend continuing the conversation in the Single Release Thread to not completely fill the Pre-Release with the same back & forth discussion! x

more like discourse about opinions :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

OH i forgot to mention this, but my last-minute presentation I made today was based off of the work from a scientist from The ROCKEFELLER University in New York:raven:

the snippet’s melody plagues my brain (in a good way), and I just know it’s going to rip me to shreds:cryney2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’ve been super busy but American Whore was revealed through Jack, who said it was his favourite he did with Lana ever. BoZ also said it was very wild and incredible.

we got three other song titles by zooming the vinyls : The Grants, Sweet and A&W (is it American whore or something else?!?)

Thank u sis ❤️

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

4 minutes ago, trailerparkdream said:

I’m genuinely asking just out of curiosity, what are your favorite Lana songs or like which songs of hers reach her full potential in your opinion? 
im curious because I disagree with a lot of your opinions but I don’t mean that in a rude or negative way… I just want to know! I love everything Lana so I’m not here to judges

Mhhh I‘ll give you my top 5 (3 for Paradise & Chemtrails) from every album (in no order):

1. National Anthem
  2. Without You
  3. Million Dollar Man
  4. Summertime Sadness
  5. Diet Mountain Dew
  6. Cola
  7. Gods & Monsters
  8. Bel Air
  9. Brooklyn Baby
  10. Black Beauty
  11. Old Money
  12. Florida Kilos
  13. Cruel World
  14. Freak
  15. Art Deco
  16. Religion
  17. The Blackest Day
  18. Swan Song
  19. Cherry
  20. 13 Beaches
  21. Get Free
  22. Love
  23. Heroin
  24. Venice Bitch
  25. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  26. The Greatest
  27. Mariners Apartment Complex
  28. Happiness Is a Butterfly
  29. White Dress
  30. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  31. Dark But Just a Game
  32. Text Book
  33. Thunder
  34. If You Lie Down with Me
  35. Black Bathing Suit
  36. Wildflower Wildfire

4 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Mhhh I‘ll give you my top 5 (3 for Paradise & Chemtrails) from every album (in no order):

1. National Anthem
  2. Without You
  3. Million Dollar Man
  4. Summertime Sadness
  5. Diet Mountain Dew
  6. Cola
  7. Gods & Monsters
  8. Bel Air
  9. Brooklyn Baby
  10. Black Beauty
  11. Old Money
  12. Florida Kilos
  13. Cruel World
  14. Freak
  15. Art Deco
  16. Religion
  17. The Blackest Day
  18. Swan Song
  19. Cherry
  20. 13 Beaches
  21. Get Free
  22. Love
  23. Heroin
  24. Venice Bitch
  25. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  26. The Greatest
  27. Mariners Apartment Complex
  28. Happiness Is a Butterfly
  29. White Dress
  30. Chemtrails Over the Country Club
  31. Dark But Just a Game
  32. Text Book
  33. Thunder
  34. If You Lie Down with Me
  35. Black Bathing Suit
  36. Wildflower Wildfire

Thank you, this is so interesting to me because of our opinions being so different from what I see you post here usually 

I appreciate this 💙 I totally agree with over half of these so it’s nice to know 

3 hours ago, DCooper said:

The sigh of relief at the beginning makes me worried for The Grants 

DIDNT THINK ABOUT THIS !!!!

also the fact that BB ends with her singing to her sister and DYKTATUOB starts with her singing about her family. KARMIC LINEAGE. 

It cracks me up that Lana fans get mad when... Lana's always going to do exactly what she wants. If you don't like it, that's cool. But she's doing what she wants. Why even be mad? You have no choice. And I'm always down to go wherever she takes us. Did some of her choices on BB make sense to me? Not at all. But it's still a good album because it's a Lana album, and it's her vision.

Why not just enjoy the ride? We've heard 1 song from a 16 track album.

So...

do we know what the font for this era's lettering ? :agree:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, wildheart said:

DIDNT THINK ABOUT THIS !!!!

also the fact that BB ends with her singing to her sister and DYKTATUOB starts with her singing about her family. KARMIC LINEAGE. 

Omg wait this is such a cool observation!! It reminds me of the “out of the black, into the blue” in Get Free leading into “you make me blue” at the close of NFR’s first track. Her mind:oprah3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

27 minutes ago, tulsaglory said:

it does scare me a bit how the syml sample will sound, cause she just used one of his songs and sang over it... :twirls:

it's such a perfect, bittersweet, melancholy melody and immediately reminded me of avril 14th by aphex twin, i'm scared it could be one of her best songs giphy.gif

mUENGN9.png

Everything on LDR village is 30% off until the 13th of March. Guess we gotta wait awhile for merch :uncomfortable:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

2 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

So...

do we know what the font for this era's lettering ? :agree:

turista gorida

some of the letters in the LDR logo may also be churchward 69 extra bold

Spoiler

i'd stick with TG because i haven't found any download links for the other one yet... not that i encourage font piracy that is very bad please don't do that :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

it's such a perfect, bittersweet, melancholy melody and immediately reminded me of avril 14th by aphex twin, i'm scared it could be one of her best songs giphy.gif

And yesss :sass:Avril 14th is one of my all time favorite songs, ok tastemaker!

But you know what, I don’t see even 1% sonic similarity between these two songs, but you’re onto something because they both make me feel the same certain way. 

Hold on….is that Ian guy on this record? If not, what were they making music for:illumarina: (and did we ever actually figure out definitively who he was? lol)

Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Hold on….is that Ian guy on this record? If not, what were they making music for:illumarina: (and did we ever actually figure out definitively who he was? lol)

omg true

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey