Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Is her music still listed in the ASCAP search? 

I don’t exactly know how it works, but I think people have found her upcoming music there before?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Is her music still listed in the ASCAP search? 

I don’t exactly know how it works, but I think people have found her upcoming music there before?

None of the new album has been registered there yet not even Tunnel which is weird, I'm racking my brain trying to think of  "online tools" that would allow us to find the title and have it be undeniable ("not a guessing game")

This isn’t fully thought out and I’m just spitballing here, but I remembered the picture Lana posted about talking to Annie on her drive from Bakersfield to LA. I imagined Lana putting in the directions to her destination in the background of the phone call so what if the acronym was something like GPS Over The Sound of My Friend Who Has Driven So Far

bakersfield.jpg

this is a cry for help. i have been physically unable to stop myself from blurting out theres a tunnel under ocean boulevard and fuck me to death. its gotten so bad that now my roommate is doing it. hes so angry that he wont even talk to me but every 10 minutes or so i hear him mutter to himself the lyrics.gretchen.gif

cjRjPWT.gif          QODlvVl.gif.     

2 hours ago, Elle said:

Not sure if anyone’s posted about this yet as I haven’t seen it, but I think it’s absolutely iconic that there’s a billboard for the new record up in Tulsa, Oklahoma. From announcing the album on Sean’s birthday to displaying this billboard in his city.. she really said “don’t forget me” x

CE2-CE631-26-AB-48-CE-996-C-21-B0-FD6-D557-C 067-A9010-E929-4541-95-A8-20-D721-C077-F2 5-E57-E48-A-9170-46-C4-B280-E20-B31-BCF9-F5

wasn’t there a Tulsa billboard for COCC or BB too? This is so fucking funny and petty lol love it 

aOaIzH2.gif

15 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

One of the people that knew about tunnel ahead of time posted about a song titled “Candy Necklace” now?

it’s one of the people that BOZ said would know how to find the title using those online tools or whatever, so I wonder if that means Rockefeller is candy necklace 

"Candy Necklace" sounds like 

rock-candy-sweet.jpg

15 hours ago, fine china said:

I feel like someone died in that accident, the don’t forget me part hits even more :(

Sorry to reply so many hours later, but I’ve been continuing to check for updates on this because I had a really bad feeling about it just because of how many police/ambulance were there & the fact that we were stuck there for so long. Actually, the first thing that started our whole deep talk together was with the topic of afterlife/reincarnation after a thought I expressed as an ambulance was trying to pass through saying “what if we’re witnessing someone exit and move on to their next life right now?”

Unfortunately, it has been confirmed that the driver of the vehicle that collided did die in the hospital due to his injuries. 52 year old James. We won’t forget you x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

the second verse instrumentation reminds me of the bar in the greatest mv. 

this song's so perfect for the cold, for the night. but also those bleak daytime hours when the world seems so still as to not catch the heat. 
for the winter. the violins sound like ocean waves at the start and how they ebb on the shore. 
the piano makes it sound ceremonial that fit her turn, with the chorus sounding like vows 
but the under ocean blvd being repeated sounds like she's the only one at the altar

the camarillo verse reminds me of elton john's 27 dresses song in inflection. 

the synth at harry's verse part sounds like a hawaiian ocean riff 

the choir singing behind her vocals sounds like she's being picked up from a night of crying, like daylight's touching her shoulder 
and the ah ha ha instrumentation at around 4:10 sounds like an underwater seeing the surface light moment, as if waking up from a convincing- reality like dream

and it starts all over again

this song demands an earnestness, some kind of authentic humanity from w/in you. 
085b74dc1e9775b940b795677cb75e16.gif

UV/Honeymoon

i was scrolling through lana's posts and i feel like when this album drops so many of her instagram posts are gonna make sense 😭

like the way we (or at least I) completely overlooked her post about seeing SYML in april bc we did not expect that at all... who knows what other information was right in front of us

59 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

"Candy Necklace" sounds like 

rock-candy-sweet.jpg

THE POWER THIS IMAGE HAS 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

It's interesting to me that she announced the album AND released the single, at the same time, on his birthday. And then the billboards in Tulsa were just the cherry on top. :diva:

54 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

I may not be up to date, but i just saw on Twitter that the album will be 1h20min long...is that confirmed?

Yes, someone on ATRL mentioned @DragonWhore saying the album was "just shy of 1 hour 20 minutes" and BOZ said "whoever said that is right", causing Lanaboards to decide Miss Whore is a real insider yet again

Edited by honey dew
Spreading misinformation