Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

I can’t wait for March, I’m so curious to listen to this album and her melodies and her stories!

The photos she took with Neil, they’re so intimate, and I’m not sure if it’s because she wants to remind her exes of what they’ve lost or because the lyrics on the album will be even more personal - maybe it’s a mix of both. She did say she had more things she wanted to “talk about”, so I’m positive we’ll get glimpses into her personal life, thoughts and feelings. Blue Banisters, hope, text book, they were just the beginning of something greater, I think. No one today writes lyrics like Lana does. She’s so original, and she does it so well, I’ve always known she had this potential in her and I’m so glad to have followed her for so long and to be here to witness her becoming better and better. I truly believe this will be her best album in terms of lyrics. You can hear a difference in her newer and older works, and I’m glad she’s not adding older tracks this time. Like she said, she’s very “conversational” and I’m all here for it.

She also said she’s angry, and before we thought she was mad at the media (“don’t ask if I’m happy, you know that I’m not” after reporters asking her why the big smile on the cover of LFL, “let me show them how bad girls do, ‘cause no one does it better” because reporters will always find something negative to write about her or twist her words) but this time, I think, she’s mad at Sean. And maybe more guys. Maybe even at her mom, or some kind of disappointment. Like mentioned by several users here when Tunnel was released, it got out on Sean’s birthday. Which could’ve been unintentional, but there’s no way anyone could misinterpret it now that she’s literally, openly said she did it because she’s angry with him. She even drove to Tulsa to see the billboard, she had it put up there for Sean to see everyday to work. And I love it lmao, I’d totally do something similar too if I had been hurt terribly by someone.

But Tunnel isn’t really a song about anger, or pettiness, or revenge or anything of that sort. Which makes me really curious to find out what song(s) will be on the album! American Whore is a provocative thing to be called or call someone else, but I really can’t tell if it’ll be that track or another one. Either way, I’m super curious to listen to it.

This album... it’s gonna be everything, I can feel it. I haven’t had expectations this high since Norman, and I love that album. Lana has a lot she wants to say, she’s conversational, she’ll speak her mind, she’s angry and she’s sweet and she’s gentle and she’s clever. She’s in a bedroom, and it can’t get more private and personal than that. You keep diaries in a bedroom. Maybe this album will be like reading a diary, but it’ll be us listening to her thoughts. The Grants... I’m sure it’ll blow me away.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

No one today writes lyrics like Lana does. She’s so original, and she does it so well, I’ve always known she had this potential in her and I’m so glad to have followed her for so long and to be here to witness her becoming better and better. I truly believe this will be her best album in terms of lyrics. You can hear a difference in her newer and older works, and I’m glad she’s not adding older tracks this time. Like she said, she’s very “conversational” and I’m all here for it.

:agree::agree::agree:

7 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I can’t wait for March, I’m so curious to listen to this album and her melodies and her stories!

The photos she took with Neil, they’re so intimate, and I’m not sure if it’s because she wants to remind her exes of what they’ve lost or because the lyrics on the album will be even more personal - maybe it’s a mix of both. She did say she had more things she wanted to “talk about”, so I’m positive we’ll get glimpses into her personal life, thoughts and feelings. Blue Banisters, hope, text book, they were just the beginning of something greater, I think. No one today writes lyrics like Lana does. She’s so original, and she does it so well, I’ve always known she had this potential in her and I’m so glad to have followed her for so long and to be here to witness her becoming better and better. I truly believe this will be her best album in terms of lyrics. You can hear a difference in her newer and older works, and I’m glad she’s not adding older tracks this time. Like she said, she’s very “conversational” and I’m all here for it.

She also said she’s angry, and before we thought she was mad at the media (“don’t ask if I’m happy, you know that I’m not” after reporters asking her why the big smile on the cover of LFL, “let me show them how bad girls do, ‘cause no one does it better” because reporters will always find something negative to write about her or twist her words) but this time, I think, she’s mad at Sean. And maybe more guys. Maybe even at her mom, or some kind of disappointment. Like mentioned by several users here when Tunnel was released, it got out on Sean’s birthday. Which could’ve been unintentional, but there’s no way anyone could misinterpret it now that she’s literally, openly said she did it because she’s angry with him. She even drove to Tulsa to see the billboard, she had it put up there for Sean to see everyday to work. And I love it lmao, I’d totally do something similar too if I had been hurt terribly by someone.

But Tunnel isn’t really a song about anger, or pettiness, or revenge or anything of that sort. Which makes me really curious to find out what song(s) will be on the album! American Whore is a provocative thing to be called or call someone else, but I really can’t tell if it’ll be that track or another one. Either way, I’m super curious to listen to it.

This album... it’s gonna be everything, I can feel it. I haven’t had expectations this high since Norman, and I love that album. Lana has a lot she wants to say, she’s conversational, she’ll speak her mind, she’s angry and she’s sweet and she’s gentle and she’s clever. She’s in a bedroom, and it can’t get more private and personal than that. You keep diaries in a bedroom. Maybe this album will be like reading a diary, but it’ll be us listening to her thoughts. The Grants... I’m sure it’ll blow me away.

I basically agree on everything, and yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking before: we truly are NOT ready for this album :hdu:

So Lana released the song on Sean's birthday and put up a billboard in Tulsa where he lives....perhaps we'll get the next song on another relevant date like that

Maybe the day they broke up in February :fabcat:

200ddd7056a7178e78239257e8a74baa.gif

white lies and black beaches and blood red sangrias

my mom was listening to her little 80's music playlist and she doesn't have spotify premium, so she has to listen to ads. imagine my surprise when DYKTTATUOB started playing, followed by "sad songs to cry to until you dehydrate" :thumb2:

I'm so curious about The Grants. Leakers, a small amount of crumbs for this track will do just fine, spill! :willcut:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'm so curious about The Grants. Leakers, a small amount of crumbs for this track will do just fine, spill! :willcut:

That's a trip, because I think they would already be credited, but: imagine if there was any part spoken by Chuck, Charlie and his father. :oic2:

10 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

everybody was saying it is going to be about her ancestors (not confirmed tho) but I would really rather an introspection on her family actually and how the rivalry between lana and her mother affects them. I’m getting a lot of dark energy from that track and I LOVE it

and also for giving me Margaret

I really want to go in blind this time. Not that I've listened to leaks before when an album is getting released, but, like... I'm content. Insiders don't have to tell me anything more. Tunnel was amazing, and I'd like to think I have an understanding of what the album is gonna be, not sonically, but ya know. It'll be good. :agree:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

41 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I really want to go in blind this time. Not that I've listened to leaks before when an album is getting released, but, like... I'm content. Insiders don't have to tell me anything more. Tunnel was amazing, and I'd like to think I have an understanding of what the album is gonna be, not sonically, but ya know. It'll be good. :agree:

I second this 💯. We’ve been spoiled since the announcement (to the announcement :oic2:). It usually gets real quiet two days after the lead is released but this time, BoZ talked a lot about some tracks, their length… Plus we’re just about to enter holiday season, when everything is quiet AF. I still can’t believe we got the gorgeous title track and the preorder before the end of 2022. 
i really think and hope a second single is on its way somewhere before February but at the moment, we’ve got to count our blessings. 

I'm super excited for the new album of course. I was really sad to hear that her vehicle was broken into and she had things stolen. I'm especially sad about the book she was writing, I hope she was able to recover some of what she lost. I figured that after that incident, things would be delayed.

I'm just really grateful that she's still releasing music, especially after all she's been through with the break-ins, theft, leaks, etc.  

I love the new single. Lyrically, sonically, it's perfection. As she grows older, she's going to change, as we all do. She's not necessarily going to be singing about the things she sang about 10, 15 years ago. Her wants and needs are different now. I'm Lana's age, so in a way I feel like I've sort of grown up with her, over these past 10 years.  

I still hold out hope, foolish as it may be, that she will put out an unreleased collection at some point. I would just love for her to hand pick her favorite unreleased tracks, and really dive into that. Yes I know it's all available on youtube, soundcloud, etc, but I still would love an official curated release from her.

Anyway, back to the new record. Looks like she has a lot of features on this one. The only one I'm familiar with is Father John Misty, I don't know who any of the other people are, but when I have a chance I'll go online and check them out! It Will be interesting to see what she cooks up for us kids!

4 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I’m thirsty for some more tea :wub: something small, like a song description 

*cracks knuckles* time to go tickle BOZ's balls on ATRL again :wave2:

Edit: Also can he just make a LB account already :crossed: 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

4 minutes ago, mypolaroidfrown said:

I still hold out hope, foolish as it may be, that she will put out an unreleased collection at some point. I would just love for her to hand pick her favorite unreleased tracks, and really dive into that. Yes I know it's all available on youtube, soundcloud, etc, but I still would love an official curated release from her.

Always kinda hoped that if she did this she would share unheard mixes or demos with us .. really dying to hear the finals for hollywoods dead and damn you

gEqP.gif

Just now, your dealer said:

he supposedly has one and commented on the pre pre release thread. it’s a mystery :true:

@TheDollClub :wave2:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm