Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

29 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Bah, it’s the neverending cycle of LB: pre-eras trash the previous album, with through-the-roof expectations for the new one. But once the new is out for a couple of weeks, « deceptions » begin to fly high again. 
According to LB, HM was considered boring when it was out, LFL was trash and incohesive, NFR was watered-down, etc, etc. HM was viewed as a masterpiece after LFL and NFR; LFL finally got the well-deserved love it got with new members joining for the last two years, etc. 
all critics are valid, but this forum tends to be over critical with the last album and even the newest one. 

And that's what I was alluding to yesterday, vis-a-vis massive praise from most for new tracks, calling them "career highlights," etc., and having equally massive enthusiasm for an album yet-unheard. Some of which is common to Stans of all artists, and some of which underscores Lana's talent and power as an artist.

To me, it's sociology. As you've pointed out, GLF, the patterns of response, reaction, and behavior fairly jump right out at one if you're paying attention. It's like the eternal rebirth of an endless cycle, "a new skin for an old ceremony.' 

The drop in streams isn’t worrisome. A&W’s unfiltered streams (1,761,045) are stronger than the title track’s filtered streams (1,718,111) on Day 3, and the title track was actually added on multiple playlists that day (it was a Friday). For a 7 minute track with zero promo, it’s been performing remarkably well so far. Hopefully it’ll stabilise! 
Streams/sales are most definitely not reflective of a song’s quality, lol, but it’ll be cool if this turns out to be a hit. 

1 hour ago, LanaBalkana said:

Aren’t playlists usually updated Fridays because that’s when 90% of songs are released? 

you’re thinking about the new music friday playlist, the others are or can be edited at any given time, TTH is updated every few days f.e

15 minutes ago, Jeanne Dielman said:

The drop in streams isn’t worrisome. A&W’s unfiltered streams (1,761,045) are stronger than the title track’s filtered streams (1,718,111) on Day 3, and the title track was actually added on multiple playlists that day (it was a Friday). For a 7 minute track with zero promo, it’s been performing remarkably well so far. Hopefully it’ll stabilise! 
Streams/sales are most definitely not reflective of a song’s quality, lol, but it’ll be cool if this turns out to be a hit. 

What’s the difference between filtered and unfiltered streams and are these comparable?

I'mma be real for a sec and say that A&W transition part has some "Melodrama" Lorde, Cruel Summer intro- TS vibes. Regardless the song is a bop but as opposed to VB which was fresh AF not that A&W isn't, I was side eyeing Jack a little bit but they did make it work lol. Jack needs to purchase some new beats. That's all I'll say. 

8Qg234E.gif

1 minute ago, Sweet said:

I'mma be real for a sec and say that A&W transition part has some "Melodrama" Lorde, Cruel Summer intro- TS vibes. Regardless the song is a bop but as opposed to VB which was fresh AF not that A&W isn't, I was side eyeing Jack a little bit but they did make it work lol. Jack needs to purchase some new beats. That's all I'll say. 

i hear some Vigilante Shit one shots on A&W lollll

Just now, tulsa said:

i hear some Vigilante Shit one shots on A&W lollll

Yeah, the trap is basically the same. I just HATE Lorde so I was a little..... but anyway lol 

8Qg234E.gif

8 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

What’s the difference between filtered and unfiltered streams and are these comparable?

Spotify filters out some streams that it deems as spammy to avoid stans manipulating the charts too much. So if you stream the song 100 times a day, it will only count a small portion of them. However, the unfiltered streams count all of them. The filtered streams appear on the Spotify Top 200 chart, and count for Billboard, while the unfiltered streams is what appears under her artist page next to the songs.

it made me feel...

made me feel like a god

I’m sorry but “God’s a charlatan, don’t look back babe. Puts the shower on while he calls me. Slips out the back door to talk to me.” just fucking EATS

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

2 minutes ago, fine china said:

I’m sorry but “God’s a charlatan, don’t look back babe. Puts the shower on while he calls me. Slips out the back door to talk to me.” just fucking EATS

The way this part feels kind of quieter and hushed is sooo good, it feels like we're slipping out the back door with him as they talk, it's got such a sneaky vibe to it :oprah:

Ocean Blvd and A&W for some reason to me feel very much like lyrical successors to some of earlier/raunchier shit like Gods and Monsters, Cola, Sad Girl, Your Girl, Fucked My Way, etc. Even that Ride monologue. 

She's kind of flaunting being the other woman/her sexual prowess with all the "open me up, tell me you like it, fuck me to death" "fuck on the hotel floor" etc etc etc...just like Cola, Gods and Monsters, parts of Sad Girl, etc

but at the same time knowing it'll never really satisfy her & has knocked down her self-esteem AND her reputation. "love me until i love myself," "my body marred my mind," "wondering what went wrong," "jimmy only loves me when he wants to get high" and the whole rape/asking for it tangent....just like Your Girl, where she's all miserable cause she's not his main girl, the rest of Sad Girl, the Ride monologue where she's crying about being the other woman....

she's so interesting omg i could go on and on

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me