Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, your dealer said:

do we think she'll release one more single????????????? :smile3:

if it came with a music video, that would be nice but if the single is a leaked song, it would be unnecessary imo 

34 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Not sure what exploring darkness is, really, if it means scratching wounds, but to me, Norman is not trying to force happiness or trying to be in this mythical state of mind she wanted to be in while creating LFL, but rather acknowledging that it is what it is and embracing her flaws or choices, sorta letting go wanting to be uber-happy. 
Ocean Blvd might be more into that «scratching my wounds» type of head-space?! Either way, both attitudes have their place in finding happiness IMO. 

This. I remember discussing the album w a friend and describing it as that... just letting things flow because you just can't do nothing about it. It is both empowering and depressing because the only thing you can control are your own actions. The world on Norman is on fire and destroyed but she has her casual, go for a Starbucks coffee Los Angeles mind to protect her sanity. It's like trying to live as a normal woman in the middle of a not normal at all space ("Hollyweird").

Looking back it really is such a different Lana record.

Advocating for nuance and then claiming to be a free speech advocate might turn out to be a dangerous exercise - specially when that term has been countlessly and grotesquely misconstrued and misused by fascists, homophobes, transphobes, racists, xenophobes, et al. I hate cancel culture as well but I’m a firm believer in accountability culture. You can express whatever you feel like but there are consequences to your actions if you cross certain lines or reach certain extremes. Let’s not turn a blind eye to problematic stances and perspectives as a counter-response to “cancel culture” and “mob mentality” because that lacks just as much nuance as what you’re criticizing.

IMG-1607.jpg

one nine nine one my time has come

o nah nah ma, your time is done

primadonna-mama like a virgin

Spoiler

still manifesting another Lana Del Rey x azealia banks till this day

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

Advocating for nuance and then claiming to be a free speech advocate might turn out to be a dangerous exercise - specially when that term has been countlessly and grotesquely misconstrued and misused by fascists, homophobes, transphobes, racists, xenophobes, et al. I hate cancel culture as well but I’m a firm believer in accountability culture. You can express whatever you feel like but there are consequences to your actions if you cross certain lines or reach certain extremes. Let’s not turn a blind eye to problematic stances and perspectives as a counter-response to “cancel culture” and “mob mentality” because that lacks just as much nuance as what you’re criticizing.

Are you sure it was simple misuse and not intentional?

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

The way some people put no effort into understanding something is the only problematic/cringe thing I see here :whatever2:

Hide contents

The lyric to me obviously reads as a tongue-in-cheek mocking of the fact that she's constantly been called a Republican Karen for no reason, while also acknowledging her privilege and that she's doing her best.

Realest thing I’ve read 

Spoiler

They say there's irony in the music, it's a tragedy, I see nothing Greek in it :crying4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

13 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t know too much about Annie Mac, but the monolithic kind of feminism you mention here is exactly the kind of mob that has come for Lana time and time again. Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth suggesting that Lana kill herself is exactly the kind of abolitionist, moral exile that extreme thinkers — in any direction — do to people who don’t fit their agenda. And it’s also super black-and-white when pretty much every issue is nuanced. I can know what my values are without feeling the need to dictate the kind of political or theoretical framework people use to interpret their own experiences - but that’s something that both sides often struggle with. And it’s become worsened with the accessibility of discourses online where social regulation of dialogue is less controlled (in the sense of etiquette, not in the sense of free speech and ideas being out in the open) 

Absolutely. Well said. I was going to mention Kim Gordan too, her comments from her biography about Lana--"OH! We can't go back to that, women pining away for men!", as if that still doesn't happen, as if Lana never experienced it herself, as if men don't pine for women or other men in the same way. We all, hopefully, know what it is to experience strong physical and emotional attraction to another human being. That's simple biology, 

I agree that every situation is nuanced, Carl Jung wrote about that, how everything taking place the whole world over may have taken place before in some shape or fashion, but not in the specific, exact way it is currently taking place. So there is no doctrinaire, automatic, one-size-fits-all solution to any of the world's problems. Jung also said, "The great problems of the world are never solved," by which I assume he meant war, famine, disease, strife, aging, oppression, etc. Certainly, we can and do attempt to solve them, as a human people, but we're not God or God-like beings, and oppressive ideologies that crush individualism are not the answer. 

That's why I think 'A&W' may upset a lot of her career-long critics, it's even more of what they hate about her--and let's face it, for some, they hate her and nothing will change that, nothing Lana can do or say. She should disregard them entirely, though of course that's much more easily said than done. 

Spoiler

I understand why insiders said Sweet was forgettable, but honestly it might be my favorite out of the songs we've heard so far. 

"I'm Swee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-t

Barefee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-t"

Her delivery here is so haunting, but alluring and romantic. The strings make everything feel so grand and all-consuming, but a bit eerie, especially during the verse:

"Whatcha doin' with your life,

Do you think about it?

Do you contemplate

where we came from?"

I don't feel like it's the Love song of the album. The lyrics are very pretty and lovely, but her delivery and the song structure feel so loose and whimsical like there's something more lurking underneath. It reminds me of the movie LaLa Land a lot. Like this perfect, beautiful relationship that takes place during summer in the most romanticized location in the country, but there's something darker to it. It also kind of reminds me of "Take Me Home, Country Roads" which I feel adds a lot to the "realness" of it (and I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional, considering the John Denver mention in The Grants). I love this song so much. 

6 minutes ago, your dealer said:

do we think she'll release one more single????????????? :smile3:

Candy Necklace (?) :dance:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Just now, your dealer said:

I missed the entire conversation that led to a debate about political correctness but whatever Lana did or said she's innocent and will never be cancelled. :oprah3:

I like you, let's not fight or have bad feelings towards one another. 

6 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

if it came with a music video, that would be nice but if the single is a leaked song, it would be unnecessary imo 

unnecessary for who exactly ?? not all of us jump on something the second it leaks