Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Lol, do you remember when in the pre pre release @TheDollClub claimed to be an insider and gave us song titles and descriptions? They lowkey match up with a lot of the songs on the record ironically

i remember them claiming to be an insider but i don't remember what they spilled :rip:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Fingertips said:
  Hide contents

The last line of The Grants speaks to me because I think it encapsulates this entire record. "It's a beautiful life, remember that, too, for me." Despite all of life's challenges, struggles, turmoil, and loss that she unravels throughout the album (suicide, rape, death, depression, hatred, trauma), there is also a glimmering beauty of hope that can be found by following your muse and staying faithful to your own path that will guide you back to a better home as expressed by a variety of symbols that pervade the album: the tunnel under ocean blvd, God's three white butterflies, Aphrodite/Serene Queen, her house on Genesee in the North Country, etc. I think it's such an evocative line that echoes throughout each and every song we've heard so far. She seems to be asking us listeners to not just remind her of the beauty of hope in the face of a crushing existence, but to also remind ourselves of the beauty of life as we continue to walk our own paths, facing our own personal struggles. 

Your insights will never not hit !

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Spoiler

with the gospel and Jon Bastiste and some Hispanic references it's like she's trying to make an all-American album, no one is excluded 

I hope we will see some more Latin music elements as well

In all seriousness RE: the album campaign.. something has to be happening soon, surely?

the record seems to at least promote their other artists, so if they’ve made a point of saying there’s an album campaign.. there just must be something?? There’s less than 3 weeks to go now and we’ve had nothing, it’s a bit laughable now :toofloppy:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I’m still a @TheDollClub truther

Del Norte County=Did you know that there’s tunnel under Ocean Blvd 

Crypto Crashing=Fingertips 

Neuva=The Grants 

Long Nails Down Your Back=Peppers

Uncanny=A&W

The Rain=Candy Necklace 

Wooooo I remember being soo pissed at "The Rain" as a title. Now I'm no hater, but what in the Hillary Duff kind of lame ass title is that? Thank God for the albums actual titles, bring on paragraphs for the next one.

Noooo but Long Nails Down Your Back would've been A SERVE as a title :hair:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Spoiler

the second time she references Genesee in Sweet since SportCruiser 

so what place is this, does she really has a house there? 

there's a Genesee in New York and she was accepted to the State University of New York at Geneseo, but there's also a Genesee in Northern California and she was not long ago seen in nearby town Reno

10 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:
  Hide contents

the second time she references Genesee in Sweet since SportCruiser 

so what place is this, does she really has a house there? 

there's a Genesee in New York and she was accepted to the State University of New York at Geneseo, but there's also a Genesee in Northern California and she was not long ago seen in nearby town Reno

Spoiler

it's the street in los angeles 

i haven't listened to the leaks but i wanted to bring up an interesting insight...

everyone knows the album cover is a reference to the "This Property is Condemned" soundtrack, but could it be that the album is meant to evoke a film score?

BOZ has said that the whole album is narratively driven - like films - and if this is what's trying to be achieved with this album that makes me even more stoked :wub:

to those who listened to the leaks - any thoughts regarding this? :flutter:

1 hour ago, Big Star said:

i haven't listened to the leaks but i wanted to bring up an interesting insight...

everyone knows the album cover is a reference to the "This Property is Condemned" soundtrack, but could it be that the album is meant to evoke a film score?

BOZ has said that the whole album is narratively driven - like films - and if this is what's trying to be achieved with this album that makes me even more stoked :wub:

to those who listened to the leaks - any thoughts regarding this? :flutter:

Would be even greater if it waaaaas a film.. a girl can dream :flutter:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues