Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Taco Truck x VB said:

i think that’s fair, you’re allowed an opinion. if you don’t like 2 albums in a row maybe keep listening to the old ones and try relistening to OB after a while and see if it grows on you? 

maybe if you keep comparing it to her old work you won’t be happy? i’ve learned to separate lana’s old music to her more singer songwriter post nfr sound

maybe if you see them as 2 separate entities you might enjoy it more?

if you’re thinking to yourself ‘she’ll never top …’ then you’re setting yourself up for disappointment 

i personally love ultraviolence and have accepted that i’ll never get that again

when i first heard nfr ironically i thought very similar to you, i hated the heavy piano at first and i didn’t like the sonic change, and i stopped listening as much. as time went on i learned to appreciate and separate the sounds and the way she’s grown as an artist..

it can get tiring only liking certain songs, maybe take a break from listening for a while? that can help keep things more fresh

i dont think you’ll be happy with LDR11 if you don’t like BB and OB though, as it seems like she will definitely be sticking to a sound more like these albums compared to her previous 

Actually, I liked Chemtrails a lot. Only felt it was a bit half-baked (like, the lyrics on Yosemite, lackluster Breaking Up Slowly, the basic cover of For Free). I'd give it a strong 7, and I listened to it often. In my view, Antonoff introduced a lot of folky and piano elements to Lana music, and made the music "classic" (as much as I also like Ultra, BTD, LFL, etc).

So, I know I WILL BE HAPPY with most of Ocean because Antonoff is behind it. And I don't mind piano ballads (look at my profile pic) - I just don't like boring piano ballads. Which is what I think Drew Erickson brings to the table. That said, he has improved from his work on BB.

18 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

so Kintsugi is like another closer reference of Lana to Asian culture

I remember the closest she ever gets to Asian culture was This is what makes us girls (the violin outro) & Sad girl intro sounds like Hong Kong vibes.

I think the closest would actually be Cherry Blossom

Spoiler

ooooooohhhhh ya....

uhhhoooaaah yaa....

yayaya yaa........

grandfatherpleasestandontheshouldersofmyfather

while hes deep sea fishing

for all the things he wishing

god if youre near me send me three white butterflies

or a map to where to find them

impart on me your wisdom

fergie.gif

im caving this morning i am WEAK help. this song....HELP!!!

25 minutes ago, barttttender said:
  Hide contents

Again, not a BAD song. But I'm super confused why she'd place it as number 3 on the tracklist. With The Grands, Ocean Boulevard and Sweet in the first three, I can totally imagine people thinking it's a boring piano album and not continuing to listen further.

Spoiler

And that's what they should think. It's a test, if you don't understand or like these songs you don't deserve the rest. It's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, sealed up by three Lana-made beauties.

Spoiler

To me, just because a song features piano heavily, doesn't mean it sounds like anything we've heard on Blue Banisters or NFR/Chemtrails, just like any song featuring guitar heavily doesn't sound like it'd be off of Ultraviolence. :oprah3:

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:
  Hide contents

if you dont believe me, read my poetry

and hear my melodies

feel it in your bones

:karaoke:

Spoiler

Also one of my favorite lines. What amazes me about this record is truly how cerebral it is, which is something she mentioned in the W magazine interview. Just received my MA in English Literature, so I've been gushing and floored over the lyricism of this record. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Notice how it tanked the exact day leaks started happening (Day 17). Leaks don’t affect sales/streams my a$$. Day 17 is also the billboard thing. You would think the promo would help A&W, but there were other songs competing. Unfortunately, none on Spotify.

Spoiler

If I'm not there, come to my house on Gennesee.....:crying4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Notice how it tanked the exact day, leaks started happening (Day 17). Leaks don’t affect sales/streams my a$$. Day 17 is also the billboard thing. You would think the promo would help A&W unfortunately there were other songs competing. Unfortunately, none on Spotify.

I listen to A&W at LEAST 3-5 times a day so who is slacking :oprah3:

faSE.gif

3 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I keep seeing people on Twitter call this album boring and mediocre and it is really scaring me 

Spoiler

they're saying that while the album hasn't even been released yet...

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Spoiler

personally, i love intro of “the grants”. It’s really unique and opens the album perfectly 

Edited by cinnamongirI

6 minutes ago, Three White Butterflies said:

I listen to A&W at LEAST 3-5 times a day so who is slacking :oprah3:

Me I will start streaming again just needed a break..

Edited by bluebanist
Wanted to add

8 minutes ago, Xenoblade 2 said:

Notice how it tanked the exact day leaks started happening (Day 17). Leaks don’t affect sales/streams my a$$. Day 17 is also the billboard thing. You would think the promo would help A&W, but there were other songs competing. Unfortunately, none on Spotify.

here you go :awkney2: