Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Kintsugi said the song is massive and I promise you there's more going on in the snippet than piano, I promise there are guitars if you listen closely (and this has been confirmed by the production credits) :icant:

I really can't hear the guitars but have full faith in your superior hearing. Interestingly, the second photo accompanying that post is of a guitar.

Spoiler

Jack sounds like Matt from The National on Margaret. I personally love it :hair:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

is the reason everyone is excited about candy necklace just because we haven't heard it yet? because based on what we actually have heard (the instagram snippet), it's just a piano ballad. which im cool with - but usually the piano ballads aren't the projected favourites. but maybe more has been said about it that im not aware of?

Nooo it has bass, piano, guitar, cello, violin, keyboards and celesta :icant:

1 minute ago, Blue Ribbon said:

the other two side A tracks leaking together with fingertips made me confuse the sides for a second :derpna3:

Fingertips gives major side A energy 

The sides could be 

1. The Grants 

2. Ocean Blvd 

3. Sweet

4. Fingertips 

5. Judah Smith Interlude 

6. Candy Necklace

7. Jon Batiste Interlude 

8. Kintsugi 

9. Paris, Texas 

10. Grandfather 

11. Let The Light In 

12. Margaret 

13. A&W 

14. Fishtail

15. Peppers

16. Taco Truck 

Just now, Taco Truck x VB said:

i’m not single nor getting released from the basement i’m chained into (help)

not single? girl stop playing :omfg2:

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

can't wait for candy necklace to reign supreme piano flop

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Fingertips gives major side A energy 

The sides could be 

1. The Grants 

2. Ocean Blvd 

3. Sweet

4. Fingertips 

5. Judah Smith Interlude 

6. Candy Necklace

7. Jon Batiste Interlude 

8. Kintsugi 

9. Paris, Texas 

10. Grandfather 

11. Let The Light In 

12. Margaret 

13. A&W 

14. Fishtail

15. Peppers

16. Taco Truck 

I think there's going to be a lyrical narrative to this record, so I imagine A&W sounding very strange right after Margaret :ma:

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

I think there's going to be a lyrical narrative to this record, so I imagine A&W sounding very strange right after Margaret :ma:

That is honestly what I was thinking. A&W is much more impactful surrounded by slower more meaningful songs. Tbh let’s just take Margaret off the record😻

16 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

is the reason everyone is excited about candy necklace just because we haven't heard it yet? because based on what we actually have heard (the instagram snippet), it's just a piano ballad. which im cool with - but usually the piano ballads aren't the projected favourites. but maybe more has been said about it that im not aware of?

I actually think that the tiny snippet is otherworldly and eerie; it definitely doesn't sound like a "typical"/"predictable" Lana piano ballad to me. Besides, Kintsugi called it "massive" and the production credits are very promising: the song features acoustic and electric (!!!) guitars, violins, cellos, contrabass and celesta (!). Furthermore, the song is sandwiched between two very unusual and creepy/unsettling interludes - it seems that the record moves from a grand/orchestral sound (first three tracks) to a more creepy/dark one (A&W - Kintsugi), and I doubt that Candy Necklace would be the outlier here (I certainly didn't expect the Jon Batiste interlude to be described as wild and disturbing, lol!). I hope it delivers! 

Just now, Taco Bitch said:
  Hide contents

And if I do will you be there with me?

FATHER :paris:

SISTER :cryney:

BROTHER :kum:

Spoiler

Charlie, stop smoking!

Caroline, will you be with me?

Will the baby be alright?

Will I have one of mine? :icant:

Pretty sure A&W hit the Chinese site around 9pm eastern when it came out at 11am the next day. Still not on there.

I’ve heard it 20+ times already but I’ll still be disappointed if so can’t stream The Grants on Spotify tomorrow :oprah3:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

you know what i’m REALLY interested in?

what the og tracklist was, order name and titles

and how the songs would sound rearranged

i know TUOB isn’t the most sonically cohesive but at the same time, i think the way it’s arranged it’s definitely grouping the sounds together in a way?

i wonder how it would beeeee

we shall seeeee