Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, wheresthatboyfromdreams said:

does anyone have all lyrics?

someone several pages back posted a spoiler with the full album's lyrics (skipping the interludes and Candy Necklace since that one hasnt leaked)

ranking after 1 listen… (minus candy necklace ofc)

Spoiler

grandfather

let the light in

Margaret 

kintsugi

Peppers

Paris, texas

A&W

The Grants 

DYKTTATUOB

JB interlude

taco truck x vb

fishtail

fingertips

sweet

JS interlude

yes i enjoyed JB interlude that much 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, luminom said:

Each time i try to rank it i change my mind. 10s 10s 10s

may make it easier if you put all the tens in one section and the lessers in other sections and just have a general bulleted list but colour coded for each section :hooker:

Spoiler

Yeah I think The Grants is my favorite Lana song of all time :true: 

nothing has moved me like that song did, and I still tear up every time. Margaret made me feel that way too kinda, but in a really hopeful way. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Spoiler

I really love the Jon Batiste interlude but the Judah Smith one is way too long for me to get through. It would've been cute as like a 1 minute interlude but it kept dragging on. I'll def be skipping it on most listens. Jon Batiste interlude very excellent tho like wow what a moment that was! Can't wait for Candy Necklace to leak cause I feel like it'll def enhance the listening experience.

qfrWuBl.png

7 minutes ago, Telomeres said:
  Hide contents

I'd be surprised, honestly. I think it's too sonically varied, and they have such a strong preference for cohesion (NFR, Renaissance, etc)

Spoiler

If they like it enough, it will get a high score. I wouldn’t call SZA’s latest album cohesive, but it still got BNM from them. 

Just now, imaginist said:
  Hide contents

For those who said TT x VB was her new best closing track ever….. :wtf:

For Free smash hit chart topper will never be topped

Spoiler

feeling like songs from BB and DYKTTATUOB could have been put together to make one really cohesive album about her family, karmic lineage, the kind of 60s songwriter vibe and the sound she explored with summertime/textbook/thunder/DYKTTATUOB

and then a full album of slut pop :brows:

Just finished the album & omg. Career defining moment. It's raw, it's experimental, it has a bit of everything.

Some songs hit you in your feelings, others are bops. Never once did I think an album of hers would top Honeymoon, but ig this one is proving me wrong.

Second half is way better than the first, which was already so so amazing to begin with imo congrats Lana, you did it! :oprah4:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif