Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

49 minutes ago, barttttender said:

This sounds possible. We know she had signed up for Alice before, and with Maleficent in the past, she clearly has a working relationship with Disney. I wouldn't be surprised if she was hired to produce a song or cover one of the iconic songs from before.

That said, the Little Mermaid o.s.t. is one of Disney's finest, so the bar is very high, especially with Alan Menken still around and contributing to the movie.

We'll know soon enoguh.

I think I would die to hear her sing Poor Unfortunate Souls noir/dealer-style

Just now, American Bore said:

COCC and BB were 7.5 and 7.7 iirc. I think NFR was the only album of hers to go above 8

Ahhh sorry I was thinking about metacritics average. My bad! On Metacritic Cocc was 8.1 and BB was 8.0

21 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Miley Cyrus's new album got a 6.2 from Pitchfork. Oops

(Totally deserved low score, I couldn't even finish the album). Hopefully Lana scores a "Best new album" tag, which I think is anything 8.1 or above.

I can see this album getting a 9.7 exactly - bookmark me 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I think I would die to hear her sing Poor Unfortunate Souls noir/dealer-style

Ahhh sorry I was thinking about metacritics average. My bad! On Metacritic Cocc was 8.1 and BB was 8.0

Ohh fair. I agree that this is gonna critically knock them both out the water

I feel like the album isn’t going to leak for atleast the next few days.. Some stores have received stock and are not prepared to sell it and some simply don’t have it yet. Polydor and the record stores have done a great job at making sure it’s not sold early.

Just now, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I can see this album getting a 9.7 exactly - bookmark me 

I’m afraid those basics will be too scared by Judah Smith interlude and Peppers… I’m feeling a 8.4. They’re not ready to give such a high score to Lana nor top the one they gave to NFR.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I’m afraid those basics will be too scared by Judah Smith interlude and Peppers… I’m feeling a 8.4. They’re not ready to give such a high score to Lana nor top the one they gave to NFR.

nah I think they’re going to rave on about the amazing lyricism, wide scope in production / genre switching throughout the album and how it demonstrates her growth & versatility, and how the jarring interludes are so fitting blah blah, Stay optimistic sis!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, BartenderDeco said:

it hit me that in 10 days there will be an ldr10 speculation thread and we’re repeating this entire process again

I CANT DO THIS AGAIN 

NFR to White Hot Forever tease :oprah4:

😋🫶🏼

the way she says 

Spoiler

take you home, I'll give you a blanket so your spirit can sit and watch tv by my side

actually gives me chills. fingertips is now my favourite song from the album, and I didn't even like it the first time I heard it. completely flawed.

alsoooo does this board die off after the album comes out? because its been great wasting hours of my life browsing this thread instead of working for the past month...

14 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

I’m pretty sure she will, even Cocc and BB were above 8

No, both scored below 8 (7.5 Chemtrails, 7.7 BB). The only LDR album that got "Best New Record" was NFR.

Btd - 5.5

Ultra - 7.1

Honeymoon 7.5

LFL 7.7.

Norman - 9.4

Chem 7.5

BB 7.5

21 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Pitchfork is tough. They'll only give her Best New Record if the album works as a whole like Norman did.

Not sure "automatic singing" and filler interludes will be go down that well with that crowd. That's four songs that I suspect they won't be too impressed with. Not to mention the super long running time. So, maybe an 8.1?

I'd really love it if the album would end up being nearly as as strong as NFR and scoring another "Best New Record" from them.

As for Fantano, he loved both singles so far. But I know he'll find the album too long and name drop the song she should have cut out (he always does that) to make it shorter.

16 minutes ago, lanzrover said:

SEVEN HOURS MORE FOR THE SURPRISE hopefully 

Have we been given a time for the surprise? Or is this related to the Grants and/or BBC special? 

It was expensive watch it 

3 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Have we been given a time for the surprise? Or is this related to the Grants and/or BBC special? 

Related but it’s not even confirmed the surprise is coming today :horror2:

i’m really looking forward to the bbc interview (if there is one), i love listening to lana talking about upcoming releases because she really fuels the excitement 

17 minutes ago, selfbeyondtheory said:

the way she says 

Reveal hidden contents

take you home, I'll give you a blanket so your spirit can sit and watch tv by my side

actually gives me chills. fingertips is now my favourite song from the album, and I didn't even like it the first time I heard it. completely flawed.

alsoooo does this board die off after the album comes out? because its been great wasting hours of my life browsing this thread instead of working for the past month...

Spoiler

that part is so beautiful. makes me wish i was under a blanket watching tv next to her :poordat:

3 minutes ago, birds of paradise said:

Related but it’s not even confirmed the surprise is coming today :horror2:

I see, thanks. There were so many posts about it, at some point I was lost and gave up to follow. 

It was expensive watch it 

49 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Miley Cyrus's new album got a 6.2 from Pitchfork. Oops

(Totally deserved low score, I couldn't even finish the album). Hopefully Lana scores a "Best new album" tag, which I think is anything 8.1 or above.

Yeah I was highly disappointed in the album. Plastic Hearts was so much better cuz it showcased her rock style more, I literally only liked two songs from the new album. And then I watched Jon Denton's reaction to it cuz he reacts to all of Lana's stuff and he wasn't really a fan of it either. Idk if Miley needs a new producer or what, but the record was really underwhelming and generic sounding.

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels