Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Sweet is the Cherry/TJF of the album I'm sure :true:

What I'm not sure is about its duration. Assuming The Grants is around 5 minutes, there's still like 7 minutes left on Side A... so I guess sweet is around 4 minutes and she didn't have any 3 minute song to fill the side so either Sweet or the interlude are longer than we think :um2: 

I don't know why we went with the "Sweet is short" but I also feel it for some reason :thumb3:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, salvatorelovesyou said:

What time did Lana release Ocean Blvd? I don't even remember. :um2:

Same time as the album announcement, it was like 10 or 11 AM EST

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Not that it matters that much but am I the only one who has the feeling this one will have a reception similar to NFR? It won’t carry the same “omg Lana is actually one of the best songwriters we have!” narrative because that has already been consolidated but I genuinely think this album will be the portal to a new stage of her career ala Fiona Apple where her albums will get consistently raved and talked about. I can see Pitchfork creaming themselves over this one (long tracks, conceptually dense, unusual use of features, etc) as opposed to the most modest reaction Chemtrails and BB had. This one feels more ambitious and perhaps a more incisive statement from her. 

IMG-1607.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Not that it matters that much but am I the only one who has the feeling this one will have a reception similar to NFR? It won’t carry the same “omg Lana is actually one of the best songwriters we have!” narrative because that has already been consolidated but I genuinely think this album will be the portal to a new stage of her career ala Fiona Apple where her albums will get consistently raved and talked about. I can see Pitchfork creaming themselves over this one (long tracks, conceptually dense, unusual use of features, etc) as opposed to the most modest reaction Chemtrails and BB had. This one feels more ambitious and perhaps a more incisive statement from her. 

Ever since the announcement I had the vibe that this might be her Fetch the Bolt Cutters. I don't see Pitchfork giving this less than a 9. Or less than an 8.5 if we're being very cynical. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Ever since the announcement I had the vibe that this might be her Fetch the Bolt Cutters. I don't see Pitchfork giving this less than a 9. Or less than an 8.5 if we're being very cynical. 

i see an 8.3

i must have amnesia so quick, please fresh up my memory : why exactly do some people think mikey’s album will debut higher than tunnel ? :lmao: i mean i like her but absolutely no one cares about her or her albums since they are rarely good (besides some singles) and full of fillers…

cocc and it’s ugly ass cover still outsold plastic hearts with ease and younger now barely had 10k more sales than bb :rip: (without physicals on release week). let’s also not forget cocc outsold justin bieber in pure sales too. and did that all while being the most hated person on the internet for like a year and a half lol. tunnel having more hype than flopcc and bb combined is a nice bonus. 

i did read that a certain blonde, money hungry girl will release another one of her scammy cash grabs rereleases in march so probably neither of them will go #1 :biblio:

Idk why but I have a feeling as well Sweet will be a shorter song. Maybe like 3 minutes & sth long & it will be a bop alá Cherry before we transcend into the wild unexpected slutty Magnus Opus that is A&W:trisha: 

I have a feeling the Grants will be nearly 6 minutes long for some reason like 5:58. Manifesting A&W will be like 7:42 or maybe even 7:55 :pray2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

17 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

i agree wholeheartedly. i think this album is already shaping up to be a cornerstone in her discography. i just have such a good feeling about it! 

42 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

What I'm not sure is about its duration. Assuming The Grants is around 5 minutes, there's still like 7 minutes left on Side A... so I guess sweet is around 4 minutes and she didn't have any 3 minute song to fill the side so either Sweet or the interlude are longer than we think :um2: 

I don't know why we went with the "Sweet is short" but I also feel it for some reason :thumb3:

I have the same feeling! Except I’m getting Cherry meets Bartender vibes, idk why.

Also an LP can hold up to 22 min of music. If The Grants is 5ish min(just a guess), TUOB is 4:45, A&W is over 7 then there’s 3-4 minutes for Sweet. Glad each side will be full of music this time tho, the BB vinyls we’re split weird as there was SO MUCH dead wax.

50 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

we said this about Beautiful, too :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

32 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i must have amnesia so quick, please fresh up my memory : why exactly do some people think mikey’s album will debut higher than tunnel ? :lmao: i mean i like her but absolutely no one cares about her or her albums since they are rarely good (besides some singles) and full of fillers…

cocc and it’s ugly ass cover still outsold plastic hearts with ease and younger now barely had 10k more sales than bb :rip: (without physicals on release week). let’s also not forget cocc outsold justin bieber in pure sales too. and did that all while being the most hated person on the internet for like a year and a half lol. tunnel having more hype than flopcc and bb combined is a nice bonus. 

i did read that a certain blonde, money hungry girl will release another one of her scammy cash grabs rereleases in march so probably neither of them will go #1 :biblio:

Tayter likes Lana tho so probably won’t release on the same day to give her at least a week at 1 or 2.

I also don’t think Miley will be that hard to beat. Most people on the vinyl pages I follow are gagging her for using ugly/basic colors that don’t match the artwork. Or they aren’t buying because it’s too expensive for a 1LP. Lana definitely has the pure sales in the bag and tbh that’s all I really care about.

I think she's going to be more aggressive this album, take some risks. It feels like she has some things that have to be said and there's just a necessity to it all. And just everything said by everyone in the know, there's just a different (and very positive) vibe to everything.