evalionisameme

Lana Sex Work/Stripping?

I agree that there’s no way of knowing for sure, and I lean on the side of it being a semi-imagined experience——perhaps she’s had brushes with that industry or the people involved in it. What I do think is fully true, however, is that she resonates with the psychological experiences of women who do that kind of work and incorporated it into the music for evocative purposes and to reify her kinship with all women generally. It’s really an alluring artistic vehicle to explore complicated emotional subject matter, and the important thing is that even if it’s not her exact experience, Lana has embodied it very respectfully and tastefully.

tbh i think if she was she definitely would have said so…she had no problem talking about her trailer life, alcohol addiction, and growing up not well-off so i think she would’ve also talked about stripping. i think she’s probably done these things privately and not as sex work, for example dancing for her man or something lmao. she did romanticize stripping or being a gogo dancer as lizzy grant bc that was part of her persona, a reckless party girl who needs to make ends meet. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

20 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

this thread is making me uncomfy :oprah7:

She called herself an american whore for the whole world to hear, compared to that this thread is nothing.

15 minutes ago, Creyk said:

She called herself an american whore for the whole world to hear, compared to that this thread is nothing.

I think it just reads differently because that’s Lana discussing her past & sexuality on her own terms, versus a bunch of strangers debating it on a public forum. Not saying this conversation absolutely shouldn’t happen, especially because we’re people who consider ourselves fans and allies, but it’s complicated! I think it’s healthy to have some boundaries and maybe even a certain level of discomfort when digging into intimate parts of LDR or any other celebrities’ lives, esp. when it continues to be normalized to a scary extent on the internet. 

That she’s willing to tackle it in her music certainly opens up the conversation, but shouldn’t equal full reign to turn her story into total fan gossip fodder. The lines can be crazy blurry, but luckily I feel like most people on LB try hard to walk the line of curiosity as opposed to invasion of privacy  :true:

o4qjp4j.png

I don't know, have we ever had ANYONE come to the media or the internet to spill tea on their interactions with Lana outside of music producers and industry folks? It hasn't happened. I doubt anyone, especially someone like Lana, can disguise themselves that well in a club setting like that. Someone would have came forward with a story or some receipts.

Lana is a fantastic songwriter, and just a fantastic writer in general. I think it's widely accepted a lot of those leaks are fantasies likely sprinkled with some truth. This in no way devalues the songs or her overall artistry. And I believe her when she talks about other things, A*W for example feels completely autobiographical as opposed to a song like Go Go Dancer.

Go Go Dancer itself is very tongue in cheek, a lot of those leaked pop numbers are. I don't think they should be taken seriously for a hardcore stan. Just enjoy the beautiful music.

That's my take <3 

1 hour ago, Creyk said:

Idk, I don't like this comment.

In that song she discusses loss of innocence and even rape. And this comment just feels very arrogant.

Jack has said Lana puts a lot of humor in her songwriting that goes over people's heads, and it's true. She's at times very tongue in cheek and satirical, even in the most serious of songs, and that could very well be the case for A*W or the latter, it could be how she really felt inside which shouldn't be used against her.

This thread itself is perfectly fine and done respectfully. It's ok for fans to have questions regarding how accurate and real the songs are. But I think some people take her too deeply and take these conversations way too far but also some fans get really upset seeing things like this being discussed which I don't think is right.

Just be respectful when you have these conversations that's all you can really do.

9 hours ago, LolitasCherries said:

Ok so before you all come after me, let me explain. This is probably already a topic but, Lana (or i guess lizzy in this time period) was a stripper. I know this is already a rumor but I kinda want to see other people's opinions on this. What is some proof that could prove this rumor? What's something that proves this rumor wrong? I'd love to hear ur guys' opinions!

me .03 seconds after watching Tropico

i doubt she did. it would’ve been a more prominent theme in her songs, or atleast it would’ve been known. most artist who stripped are known to be strippers, as some are publicly open about it

2 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

tbh i think if she was she definitely would have said so…she had no problem talking about her trailer life, alcohol addiction, and growing up not well-off so i think she would’ve also talked about stripping. i think she’s probably done these things privately and not as sex work, for example dancing for her man or something lmao. she did romanticize stripping or being a gogo dancer as lizzy grant bc that was part of her persona, a reckless party girl who needs to make ends meet. 

In Mike (Wild One) she says "I used to dance for him, dance for him"

So it's possible she was just being her boyfriend's "Go Go Dancer", and the lyrics of the bridge express how well taken care of she is by him

I believe Lana when she says "so many other things you can't believe", that woman has lived 9 lives lmao.

Also just my two cents but I think a lot of the reason we don't hear more about Lana's life back then is because she was around a lot of men, likely unsavory ones, and exposing her might expose themselves!

I did meet one girl in NYC, she claimed to know Lana in Lake Placid, couldn't tell ya what she said and it doesn't mean anything anyway. I want to say she validated Lana's alcoholism or something like that.

And I mean no disrespect with this post....JS

she was never a stripper. with the amount of creeps in here that have sleuthed and lurked into her past and have shared it publicly for us, wouldn’t you think that they would have found some evidence that she was a stripper? :smokes3:

image.png

7 hours ago, ShadesOfFool said:

i mean she may have been, i think people are denying it cause they think it’s like shameful or embarrassing lol 

there’s no proof, and what she says in her songs (especially the old ones) is not 100% reliable, but i mean…it’s possible, who knows

That’s exactly what I think… the chances of her being a go go dancer are equal to her not being one lol

i actually thought it was acknowledged that she was and even worked with Lady Gaga in the same clubs but I’m probably confused and they just sang at the same bars then :godlaugh:

24 minutes ago, bia said:

That’s exactly what I think… the chances of her being a go go dancer are equal to her not being one lol

i actually thought it was acknowledged that she was and even worked with Lady Gaga in the same clubs but I’m probably confused and they just sang at the same bars then :godlaugh:

Girl, she booed Stefani in Williamsburg. Know your history!

I remember hearing her and Gaga shared some connection, in the form of a manager or something. There's more discussion of this in the sleuth thread, if not a manager just another musician or something. But, both ran in that underground musician scene in NYC. I don't believe they were ever linked together as dancers.

On 1/4/2023 at 7:49 PM, the ocean said:

let's talk about how boarding school is one of her best unreleased songs

Yes, let's! :thankyou:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt