Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Hide contents

banana-nutella.gif

me and ?

5 minutes ago, EARTHA CLIT said:

i propose we move away from the chocolate gifs and towards topics that matter, like how do you think Jack Donoghue's crotch smells, do you think he will work on the album at all, are you ready for October 14?

fish no yes 

wait @EARTHA CLIT are these dates true im gullible

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

3 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

When the CDs/Vinyls have a secret golden bar ticket and she invites us to her chocolate factory 

ezgif-1-2ed9059c9c.gif

When we realize that Nikki Lane has replaced the Oompa Loompas and sings her country songs each time some of us get eliminated...

hillary-clinton.gif

On 8/14/2022 at 11:46 PM, Urbanney said:

As much as I was disappointed with Chemtrails and BB as their own separate projects, I will say I’ve been able to make a playlist out of my favorite songs for them that does fill a void in my Lana listening universe that otherwise wasn’t filled. Mainly it’s calm, intimate, gentle, lowkey, melancholic songs that aren’t as intense as her other music. It feels like a modern more elaborate version of Sirens, which was my calm Lana album before these two. 

These are records that I didn't like at all, apart from a few songs on BB, but I like your perception when you say that you made playlists of songs that were soft, discreet and less intense than the others, with a touch of Sirens. I didn't see these discs like that and I find that comforting.

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Speaking of music videos, I'll never get over the unprofessionalism and the plainness of the White Dress MV which is a disrespect to the song imo:scoff:

Curiously, I think this was one of her best videos and it fits the song so well... I like the reminiscence, the idea with the skaters (masked, in keeping with the Corona era) and the fact that she was just in the background (I still think the blurry skating woman was someone else but represented a younger version of her). Planned plainness maybe (less is sometimes more), but by no means unprofessional.

1 hour ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Speaking of music videos, I'll never get over the unprofessionalism and the plainness of the White Dress MV which is a disrespect to the song imo:scoff:

Yeah, I agree. I don’t know what could have worked though for that song… I like the idea but maybe a « second part » was needed 🤷🏼 WD is such a long song for that thin concept.