Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I recently realised the way how she was looking at that reporter guy - many people think that she was thristing over him 😭

url%5D

17 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

So fake cus if it was on discord I’d know about itΒ :true:

nope dbree

19 minutes ago, Embach said:

I recently realised the way how she was looking at that reporter guy - many people think that she was thristing over him 😭

:lmao:

Last.FMΒ |Β DiscogsΒ |Β Letterboxd

fUsMzFd.jpeg

im really sick of people who call themselves lana fans but then go in her comment section and insist BTD + it’s unreleasedΒ is her best work and that’s the sound/lyrical content she β€œNEEDS” to do in her work for it to be good again because she’s fallen off since that era and that’s what her fans would want. ive seen a few of these people a lot more recently for some reason and they all have the same essence of entitlement and fixation that their taste is what everyone needs.. especially lanaΒ :toofunny:

like just say you’re a fan of the born to die era and move on girlΒ 

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  gZ0f.gif

Β 

6 minutes ago, Escapism said:

im really sick of people who call themselves lana fans but then go in her comment section and insist BTD + it’s unreleasedΒ is her best work and that’s the sound/lyrical content she β€œNEEDS” to do in her work for it to be good again because she’s fallen off since that era and that’s what her fans would want. ive seen a few of these people a lot more recently for some reason and they all have the same essence of entitlement and fixation that their taste is what everyone needs.. especially lanaΒ :toofunny:

(I’ve seen a fewΒ instances of this happening moreΒ recently)

ugh I HATE those comments. It's so annoying.Β 
If youΒ can't grow with an artist, just listen to what you like and get tf out no one is forcing them to listen to the new stuff.

They can listen to artists who stick to the same sound for decades.Β 

Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆ π‘€πš‘π‘–π‘‘π‘’ πš‘π‘œπ‘‘ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘£π‘’π‘ŸΒ β‹† Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš

Β 4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

Β 

I was just thinking, with all the Candy Necklace MV conversation we had these days, thatΒ Lana short films don't tend to do well.

Β 

Ride is obviously a classic, I think because the imageryΒ was absolutely in trend (a trend she popularized first). Fuck It I Love You/The Greatest to a certain point did well, although the FILY part is kinda forgotten (like the song).

Β 

National Anthem, I remember it being the least-watched Born to Die MV back then, although it's very remembered now and considered as one of the best videos from the 2010s.

Β 

For Tropico she spent much more than what she gained from it. I remember this interview where she said the short film didn't do as she expected. Remember she wanted it to be on cinemas around the world? Lol

Β 

Freak was a flop. Same with NFR! Short Film. And now Candy Necklace would be stuckΒ on 2.6M views if it wasn't for the IG post controversy lol.

Β 

https://www-rollingstone-de.translate.goog/das-sind-die-besten-songs-zum-einschlafen-2622727/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp

In theory , Lana Del Rey 's music is the best way to fall asleep. Her album Chemtrails Over The Country Club has the best sound profile for sleeping. The best lullaby from the singer's repertoire is "Norman Fucking Rockwell" from the 2019 studio album of the same name.

i actually had my best sleep with chemtrails, now it's scientifically proven

terrible new resample of SS, but rapper Kontra K is a big number here and Lana is fully credited with Emile and Rick on Spotify

summertime-kontra.jpg

summertime-kontra2.jpg

Β 

Β 

oh, according to the credits in the MV he was the first one to get the rights

summertime-kontrak3.jpg

the video is currently trending #4 in music on youtube

On 8/9/2023 at 2:03 PM, Good Intentions said:

Can confirm, COCC is my go-to airplane nap album.

10 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Not a bad list honestly, a great one even. I expectedΒ a generic list where Summertime Sadness or Young & Beautiful or any other hit single from 2012 is no.1 since other magazines tend to do it.

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Not a bad list honestly, a great one even. I expectedΒ a generic list where Summertime Sadness or Young & Beautiful or any other hit single from 2012 is no.1 since other magazines tend to do it.

Right! The list is really good.

Β 

it's interesting that they included songs like Wild At Heart, Wildflower Wildfire and Kintsugi (which really deserve it).

'Cause I've been waiting, don't wanna face it
We're all alone now, how far will we take it?

Β 

Β 

32 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

I was just about to post itΒ :lmao:

The list has the merit of going through all of her discography. I agree with the NFR tracks there. Kintsugi and the Grants making the list is very surprising to me, Let The Light In also.

On 8/8/2023 at 4:20 AM, Escapism said:

i also really don't understand people like that lol i think that lana's repertoire wouldn't interest and fascinate me as much if it was full of just the same btd/unreleased type songsΒ :lolno: i love that she is so diverse as an artist and songwriter, that's the best thing about her! no one else can really own different genres like her and add their own twist to the music at the same time :trisha:

κ§αƒ¦βŠ±β™₯ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth β™₯βŠ±αƒ¦κ§‚

BRILLIANT.gif

It’s a good list, and I’m happy A&W got the first place. However I wouldn’t have ranked it like that

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

πšŠπš—πš πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŠπš πš–πš˜πš–πšŽπš—πš πš’ πšπšŽπšŒπš’πšπšŽπš 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 πš—πš˜πšπš‘πš’πš—πš, πšŠπš‹πš˜πšžπš πšŽπšŸπšŽπš›πš’πšπš‘πš’πš—πš