Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, twinkletoes7 said:

a lot of the "she romanticises abuse" kind of comments were there but looks like some have been deleted since @Embach posted it

:eyeroll2: people are still saying that in 2023... i think it's best that we just ignore them, they obviously have no understanding of her music, or that music about dark and complicated subjects have the right to exist!

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

:eyeroll2: people are still saying that in 2023... i think it's best that we just ignore them, they obviously have no understanding of her music, or that music about dark and complicated subjects have the right to exist!

There were also comments that "she deserved to be punched" (the post quoted it from her latest interview, where she said that she was punched in her face during breakthrough years) because she's a Zionist :smh:

url%5D

since that goddamn letter the folks on instagram have been absolutely insufferable with the performative activism

I was actually glad when she "deactivated" her account, but thankfully she's doing a great job at ignoring them so far

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 11/30/2023 at 12:49 AM, lanaismamom said:

sure, tropico tracks are

september-december 2012

1. Sweetheart (laptop demo)

2. The Devil (laptop demo)

3. Connection (laptop demo, the part of this will later be used on nectar of the gods)

4. 80’s Baby (laptop demo)

5. Melancholia (laptop demo)

6. He Hits Me Becausr He Loves Me (laptop demo)

7. I Talk to Jesus (5:43 Version)

8. Mike (Wild One 2012 mix)

9. Money Power Glory (unleaked version, described to be almost the same as released)

10. Old Money (we have demo and that was done in 2012, meaning the song almost hadnt changed)

1. Earthquakes (2012-early 2013)

2. Lake Placid (2012-early 2013)

3. Guns and Roses (Demo, unleaked, don’t even know when it could be made but it was on that tropico draft)

january-july 2013 (approximate point of her scrapping that tropico sound)

1. Ave Maria

2. Angels Forever, Forever Angels (Both Leaked Demos, i have 0 idea when final could be done but the song has unleaked final version keep in mind)

4. Cherry Blossom

5. Nectar of the Gods

6. Dragonslayer (don’t know the month but it’s 2013 and sounds too tropico)

7. Cult Leader (very likely from tropico times)

8. Living Legend

9. Unidentified Flying Bill

10. Flipside (Made june 2013)

11. If You Lie Down with Me (OG Version)

12. West Coast (Early version aka Radio Mix, the song was done with Rick Nowels in april 2013 and this was the same form lana wanted to scrape the song in, but then she reworked it)

13. Brooklyn Baby (Demo unleaked, made June 1 2013)

14. Black Beauty (Demo unleaked, made January 5 2013)

15. Hollywood (2013 Version, supposedly reworked during tropico times but later was strongly considered for Ultraviolence)

16. JFK (the song was reconsidered for the project and firstly slightly changed (unleaked version), then lana decided it was perfect as it was (the version we’ve got) and was considered to be used but was discarded)

17. The Other Side (don’t know the month so this can be after tropico times)

during tropico times songs don’t stop, queen of hearts, numbness were done, but they for sure were considered for other people’s projects, so don’t pay attention on those)

rumored

1. Trans-Am

2. Elvis (Studio Version)

3. Preacher (The last track on Tropico draft but I personally think it’s written LEADER hence Cult Leader)

4. Unknown Tropico Draft Song (Unreadable 11 and 12 positions, one of these songs are rumored to be early version Money & Power, the other one is unknown, it’s just illegible; my personal thought are that those tracks are already known tracks Nectar of the Gods and Money & Power)

5. Pink Champagne (Early 2013 version)

6. More unknown songs made with Barrie

covers

1. Summertime

2. Summer Wine

3. Chelsea Hotel No 2

4. LA Woman (@Unknowndo u have any idea about this cover? it’s been around for years but we never got any information about it resides the year, 2013)

Madly was made on October 1, 2013, Pink Champagne the version we have was made on October 23, 2013, we don’t know in what form the song had been existed by january 2013, maybe a voice memo or made with dif producer but evidence are that it had)

Thank you so much for this list.

So by this timeline, Madly and the Pink Champagne version we have were worked on during UV-Dan times? Sorry, the dates confuse me lol.

Still shocked she used a few of these for BB! Kinda wish she had used some others too and made it Tropico's Revenge. Wild One might've fit, and it would've been so cool to see songs like AF,FA or UFB in there, those are some of my all time favorites. In fact, most of this list includes my all time favorite tracks by her. Crazy how hard she snapped this era!!!!! We really need a documentary.

Anyone have creative ideas of what I can do with pictures of Lana from her latest magazine shoot?

I was turning through the pages and one page ripped out :toofunny: but then I thought, maybe I can do something with the pictures, so it doesn’t feel like a wasted magazine missing a page. I really do love some of the pictures. 

I know there are a few I want to frame. Is that weird? Any other ideas?

I did get another copy (Harper’s Bazaar), so it’s not like I’m ripping apart the only copy I have.

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

2 hours ago, Quincy said:

Anyone have creative ideas of what I can do with pictures of Lana from her latest magazine shoot?

I was turning through the pages and one page ripped out :toofunny: but then I thought, maybe I can do something with the pictures, so it doesn’t feel like a wasted magazine missing a page. I really do love some of the pictures. 

I know there are a few I want to frame. Is that weird? Any other ideas?

I did get another copy (Harper’s Bazaar), so it’s not like I’m ripping apart the only copy I have.

maybe you can cut out just lana and make some sort of collage? or maybe you could add some to a scrapbook/photobook if you have anything like that

also, no, i don't think it's weird at all, i have a corkboard covered with mostly photos of lizzy grant, toppled off with fake hibiscuses and kitschy keychains :byeh8rs3:

WGe8ynS.gif

10 minutes ago, Embach said:

yeahs :lmao:

also i NEED to find that one video of her messing up the lyrics of lust for life i swear i couldn’t made that up i saw a short video quite a time ago of that live but its just nowhere to be found anymore even if you type it, has anyone saw thst

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

yeahs :lmao:

also i NEED to find that one video of her messing up the lyrics of lust for life i swear i couldn’t made that up i saw a short video quite a time ago of that live but its just nowhere to be found anymore even if you type it, has anyone saw thst

Is it this? @1:23 -

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

found these 2 posts that clarifying a little bit more on a period of time of producing some songs

http://lanaboards.com/topic/3738-which-songs-do-you-think-were-intended-for-the-new-album/?do=findComment&comment=136126

here it’s said i don’t wanna go was in circulation since june 2012 so it’s not older than that (id say it’s in april-june range since we know body electric was made in april 2012)

http://lanaboards.com/topic/43-alternative-song-titles/?do=findComment&comment=105604

here it’s said velvet crowbar kinda outta luck we’re done in early 2010, also it mentions last girl on earth to be done around same sessions, meaning it could be a track from 2010 (because it has never seemed to me as a 2011 track, i gonna root for that it was done on 2010 because i either haven’t seen any confirmation about it being done in 2011:cat::read:)

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y