Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Anyone think Lizzy was inspired by Britney quite a bit? I've always thought some songs ("She's Not Me") give me Britney vibes, and today I was listening to "Early Mornin'" when I realized the breakdown is very Lizzy "I'll light your fire, your one desire / Pull on me, baby, and I'll take you higher (I wanna get with you)". People seem to think that "Put Your Lips Together" is reference to a 1944 film that Britney also got the line from for the bridge of "Breathe On Me", but isn't more likely that Lana got it from Britney?

I know Britney's a bit more pop than Lana seems to have been into in her early years, but I think it's really possible that as she was trying to make a more upbeat pop sound in 2010 that she was taking a bit of influence from some of Britney's work. A random theory, but I've never really seen this comparison before.

Definitely! Lana loves Britney & has spoken about how she’s inspired her multiple times. Here’s a little excerpt from an article from Elle Canada mentioning it:

"Lana Del Rey counts Britney Spears as one of her biggest influences. She told Rick Astley on UK radio station Magic 105.4: ”When it comes to Britney, I’m not really interested in a ton of female musicians but there is something about her that compelled me, the way she sings and just the way she looks.”

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Definitely! Lana loves Britney & has spoken about how she’s inspired her multiple times. Here’s a little excerpt from an article from Elle Canada mentioning it:

"Lana Del Rey counts Britney Spears as one of her biggest influences. She told Rick Astley on UK radio station Magic 105.4: ”When it comes to Britney, I’m not really interested in a ton of female musicians but there is something about her that compelled me, the way she sings and just the way she looks.”

Thank you <3

she's noted britney spears as one of her influences in the past, such as on her old myspace page and in interviews.

Y'alls speed amazes me. Don't know how I completely missed these interviews  :facepalm: Anyway, this only proves Lana should cover Toxic. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

Have heard about this rumored “Scrapped Tim Burton Film” that Beautiful People, The Good Life, the other Lenny Kravitz songs, etc. were for from a few people now.. is it true?

well, those songs might have been submitted for the real Tim Burton movie Big Eyes that Lana ended up writing 2 songs for- big eyes and I can fly

I don't think there is any separate, scarped Tim Burton film involved

<3

this has no business being made into an official rumour thread but apparently stans on twitter are saying that lana posted something on her ig story that said a new single was coming April 10th... as if she would promote that much. lol curious though and i will still be pissed in 10 days when nothing happens

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Man... wtf? lol

A few posts back Elle was talking about how Lana Del Rey likes Britney Spears (Post # 999)

and

I imediately thought of Britneys big toes.  :teehee: lol

See...

-

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6685081/britney-spears-vegas-men-suck-my-toe-video

-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44T7nULTauY

Sexy singer Britney Spears hates her ugly feet because she thinks her big toes are deformed.
The pop princess bared her tattooed right foot on America's THE TONIGHT SHOW on Monday (17NOV03) 
and admitted she thinks her feet are the worst things about her.
She says, "I have the biggest toe in the world and it's really stupid."

-

this has no business being made into an official rumour thread but apparently stans on twitter are saying that lana posted something on her ig story that said a new single was coming April 10th... as if she would promote that much. lol curious though and i will still be pissed in 10 days when nothing happens

I’m gonna say that’s prob a rumor. She hasn’t teased 10 snippets of it yet

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Tomorrow is April 1st 

I assuming everyone here are huge Lana fans lol duh. But what other musicians or artists are you hard core massive fans of? Also before you knew Lana existed, who was your all time favorite artist?

My favorite artists are Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Janis Ian, Nina Simone, Carol king, Kurt Cobain, Marilyn Manson, Jim Morrison.

When I was little my favorite artist was Janis Joplin, then Amy Winehouse, then Lana Del Rey.

I was just curious about who inspires you guys the most.

I've got diverse music taste from AC/DC to Rosalia to Stefflon Don to Davido to Solid Stone to Gunna. however I love listening to 80s music.. I've also got Alot of electronic music

There was nothing on her Lana Del Rey account.

Mfhp.gif

just a little something.. 

I'm sure we're all struggling our way through this crisis but music and Lana are some of many things that keep us positive. 

I found this performance of video games from 2011 that isn't on youtube so is probably quite unknown but I think is one of her best - so clear and beautiful. 

Made me so sad to listen/watch, very nostalgic  :poordat:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xng8mv

I'm sure we're all struggling our way through this crisis but music and Lana are some of many things that keep us positive. 

I found this performance of video games from 2011 that isn't on youtube so is probably quite unknown but I think is one of her best - so clear and beautiful. 

This is spellbinding

giphy.gif

I remember staying up to catch this on TV and being so shocked at seeing her in a live setting for the first time ever :defeated:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

What is actually "the greatest loss" in the song? Her ambition, her lover?

I love these sorts of questions. 

First listen, I attributed it to a lover. But when I listen to it a lot more solemnly. it feels like, a death of a dream?

losing the simplicity of life, walking thru that door, and never being able to go back. missing how everything was, and not appreciating it all enough. 

UV/Honeymoon