Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, CocainePrincess said:

why does it seem like all of lana's albums start out with some sort of hip hop influence then they end up having a completely different sound

Minus the hip hop flavour that's what happens with every record, she has a very specific idea in mind when she starts and usually midway she impulses a significant change to the project, which is part of the excitement and edge she brings to every album, but although why I feel LFL was a cluttered and sometimes inconsistent effort, and why we have so many demos from UV that tell a sort of different story from where she leads the story to in the 2nd part of the album

The only appropriate thing to want is more UV and HM type of songs, we know deep down BTD was an overproduced mess despite being iconic, and NFR is well... beige. LFL deserves no comment

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I’d kill for a Sufjan Stevens collab :oprah3: she/one of her siblings used one of his songs for one of their weird family TikTok videos, he’s in the middle of a new era and she’s about to start one, it’d be perfect on a track like Venice Bitch :oprah:

RVhKIwP.gif

52 minutes ago, drugsandroses said:

NFR pre release era really left a scar. Sometimes I can't believe we made it. The day she uploaded the album cover and tracklist was surreal.

Which is a shame. It is one of her best ones and when it came out, we had heard almost half of it. The fans that didn’t wait anxiously and rabidly for any kind of news or snippet must have had a “fresher” sound than us. 

5 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Actually we knew every song besides Bartender lmao. I remember that till this day

But even bartender was announced in that pitchfork interview at the Grammys so there was really no previously unknown songs

it was the only one with no snippet though I guess, right?

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

But even bartender was announced in that pitchfork interview at the Grammys so there was really no previously unknown songs

it was the only one with no snippet though I guess, right?

Yeah i meant thats the only one we didnt hear