Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

But even bartender was announced in that pitchfork interview at the Grammys so there was really no previously unknown songs

it was the only one with no snippet though I guess, right?

4 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Yeah i meant thats the only one we didnt hear

To be fair, we did indeed get a snippet of bartender. The only thing is it was like the end of 2017 and a baby is crying over it. LOL and nobody knew it was bartender at the time.

Just thinking about her awful taste and how she ruined BAR for NFR - maybe it IS possible she is chucking on Yes to Heaven and will destroy the lilting little piece with some party hick lyrics? Hmm what are the best lines she could ruin.

ETA: Tired to find some lyrics to make fun of, but the song is pretty repetitive. :awkney: something something she's going to update it to "Say yes to Topanga, it's hot tonight"

"Say yes to heaven,
I'm taking off my bathing suit" :sass:

3lfQEhw.png

6 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

Just thinking about her awful taste and how she ruined BAR for NFR - maybe it IS possible she is chucking on Yes to Heaven and will destroy the lilting little piece with some party hick lyrics? Hmm what are the best lines she could ruin.

ETA: Tired to find some lyrics to make fun of, but the song is pretty repetitive. :awkney: something something she's going to update it to "Say yes to Topanga, it's hot tonight"

"Say yes to heaven,

yth lyrics are already bad they couldn't possibly get any worse :agree:

14 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

"Say yes to heaven,

BTW didn't she rework it before NFR? I remember she mentioned another version or something during an LFL era interview when she was asked about Architecture lmao

36 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

"Say yes to Topanga, it's hot tonight"

"Say yes to heaven,

This is so eyehurting to see, yet so feasible...

14 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

am i the only one who was here for the pre-release of NFR yet doesn't remember anything in terms of of what happened ... :facepalm:

It’s trauma erasure luv

Lanarat.png

1 hour ago, takeitdoen said:

"Say yes to heaven,

”Say yes to heaven,

I’m taking off my bathing suit

slipping into my red party dress again“

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

26 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

am i the only one who was here for the pre-release of NFR yet doesn't remember anything in terms of of what happened ... :facepalm:

Early 2018-August 2019 is honestly a fever dream, I don’t think anyone actually lived through it.

I know this isn’t the NFR thread but a few months after Venice Bitch came out I took some acid and went down by the river near my neighborhood. There’s also train tracks that go across it and so I sat like on the rocks by the bridge that held up the rail road and listened to Venice while I was coming up and OH MY GOD. I already thought the song was so out of this world good, but let me tell you. The way the cymbals during the bridge made the rocks I was sitting on Look like water and waves crashing was completely mesmerizing. That song literally took me on a journey.

moral of the story : Lana please give us more psychedelia and LISTEN TO VENICE BITCH ON PSYCHS

I know I'm complaining about the lack of info this era but like... It's no wonder Norman felt kinda dead on arrival for me. I guess there's some element of mystery (maybe a little too much haha) when it comes to the Chemtrails release.

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell (a snippet was released officially ahead of album - as part of album trailer)
  2. Mariners Apartment Complex (released officially ahead of album)
  3. Venice Bitch (released officially ahead of album)
  4. Fuck It, I Love You (released officially ahead of album)
  5. Doin' Time (released officially ahead of album)
  6. Love Song (a snippet was teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  7. Cinnamon Girl (multiple snippets were teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  8. How To Disappear (a snippet was teased via Instagram and the song performed live, in full, ahead of album)
  9. California (a snippet was teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  10. The Next Best American Record (demo leaked in full ahead of album)
  11. The Greatest (released officially ahead of album)
  12. Bartender
  13. Happiness Is A Butterfly (multiple snippets were teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  14. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have (released officially ahead of album)

6 minutes ago, bored said:

I know I'm complaining about the lack of info this era but like... It's no wonder Norman felt kinda dead on arrival for me. I guess there's some element of mystery (maybe a little too much haha) when it comes to the Chemtrails release.

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell (a snippet was released officially ahead of album - as part of album trailer)
  8. How To Disappear (a snippet was teased via Instagram and the song performed live, in full, ahead of album)
  12. Bartender
  13. Happiness Is A Butterfly (multiple snippets were teased via Instagram ahead of album)
  14. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have (released officially ahead of album)

Bar(tender)

7 minutes ago, bored said:

12. Bartender

she teased Bartender also lol I think it was posted on Chuck's ig story or something? like the same time we the first HIAB snippet I think 

sgopYhV.gif