Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, baddisease said:

would anyone else want "lana's versions" of her albums?

No, she owns them already. What's the point of it? She gets her money from selling the original one.

Mfhp.gif

15 minutes ago, baddisease said:

6 minutes ago, baddisease said:

why? people like that taylor did it.

Taylor is doing the Taylor's Version of her albums to protest the fact that Scooter Braun bought her entire music catalog without her consent, and she wants to own her own music and masters. I don't think Lana has had any issue about fighting over her masters, so she has no reason to do this.

I hope to see Lana release one or more compilation of unreleased, b-sides, covers, etc. She could include a few acoustic versions or alternate versions on this compilation, like the demo versions of some of the Lust for Life tracks. But there is literally no reason for Lana to go back and rerecord her entire discography. I would rather she focus her time and creativity on other projects.

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

No, she owns them already. What's the point of it? She gets her money from selling the original one.

it would just be fun to see (hear) what she'd do to her music if she did that. in my dream world, she'd even do that to Sirens and AKA.

giphy.gif

I really wish she'd do the same as Taylor. Just imagine how awesome it would be to hear new updated versions of songs we love, see new tracklists with different songs + outtakes (like Crazy for You or UFB @111 @HoneymoonDaddy @Brightsun @lustforlife @leo in saint tropez) making the cut. It would be amazing for Lana to finally use 100% of her creative freedom. Imagine having the original version of UV or the TLSP album...

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

yes. the sonic jump from aka to BTD and the contrast between demos for BTD and final version lead me to believe she didn’t have as much say in production as she wanted, which is something i’ve always believed. (and i don’t want anyone arguing with me because you’re not going to change my mind.) and we know for a fact that Lana was fighting Dan over UV’s production so yes I would be a big fan of seeing Lana do things EXACTLY how she wants to, which is what I see Chemtrails and BB turning out to be. 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

When you all discover that this as bad as lib :blush3:

Remember when you said that someone's opinion on Dealer made them unreliable? You calling LIB bad makes me want to call you unreliable :shh: Among a plethora of other things 

imageproxy.jpg