Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I thought about asking if I would even be able to do this look with my face/eyelid structure, but I felt a bit embarrassed because I seriously know nothing about makeup lol.

This is a photo of my eyes/eyelid when I’m not smiling. Do you have any specific advice/tips based off of this? I’m mostly trying to get that dark look under my eyes. Thank you so much in advance! I seriously wasn’t expecting that detailed of an answer but really appreciate it!0cwTaH6.jpg

it depends on how comfortable you feel in how dark you wanna go!!! (your eyes and eyebrows are GORGEOUS by the way!!)

in comparison to lana, your eyes are much more of an almond shape with a bit of a downturn imo (where as in comparison to lanas hers are much rounder)!! 
now color wise it really depends on how much of a contrast you want - your eyebrows are much darker than what lana has so keep that in mind 

specifically lanas eyebrows are thinner, lighter, and more precise so when she uses the dark under eye makeup it REALLY stands out but she also has very deepset eyelids and used very heavy eyelashes

where as for yourself you have very dark eyebrows so if you used a very very dark crease you’d have a more extreme look (like the eye would be trained to three points on the face) 

so for yourself id recommend starting off with getting a neutral eyeshadow pallet (try to get one with multiple dark shades like dark brown, black, etc) to play around with color wise    
application wise find the color to use on your crease (since your eyebrows are already so dark a medium brown would be great!! unless you want that more extreme look then darker is great) and for the under eye that’s just up to you and what colors you find look best but make sure it’s dark enough to where it will stand out against your eyebrows (if that’s the look you want)

application wise for the bottom part id try following your natural eyeshape at first (start from the outer corner to the inner) and then with the outer corner rounding it out until you see what you like - your eyes already have a droop to them but lanas dont (although that depends on her eyelashes too since she was wearing those ones that made her eyes look droopy some time ago) 

anyway id definitely recommend looking at colourpop for a good but affordable brand if your in need to get makeup and plan on wearing it (in case you’re unsure about wearing it but eyeshadow pallets last for a bit so you’d always have it on hand) :P

anyway sorry for the lengthy response LOL

i have a fascination with makeup and faces, but it’s more for fun than anything so i could be *wrong* on some things but anywhosies i hope you could find this useful!!! again gorgeous eyes!!!! :DD

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

19 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I thought about asking if I would even be able to do this look with my face/eyelid structure, but I felt a bit embarrassed because I seriously know nothing about makeup lol.

This is a photo of my eyes/eyelid when I’m not smiling. Do you have any specific advice/tips based off of this? I’m mostly trying to get that dark look under my eyes. Thank you so much in advance! I seriously wasn’t expecting that detailed of an answer but really appreciate it!0cwTaH6.jpg

i tried to do something with my limited photoshop skills

XKXFZjo.jpeg

3 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

i tried to do something with my limited photoshop skills

Thank you so much!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I really resonate with Lana's (purported) feelings/relationship with her mother. In "LA Who Am I To Love You", when she says "I never had a mother", I don't take her literally, obviously. But my interpretation is that (like me) she never had a typical mother figure. My mother tried her best, as I'm sure Patricia did, but she was who she was--and that person was a bit cold, aloof, anxious; all the things we're expecting a mother not to be.

I remember how guilty I felt growing up because I was constantly jealous of my friends' mothers. They seemed to maternal and loving, like you could go to them with any issue they had and they'd put their arm around you and pull you close and help you solve it. But my mother would've ran and hid the moment the waters became turbulent.

Obviously, I don't know exactly what the nature of Lana and her mother was/is, but I do know what it is like to have someone you call mom but to also never have had a mother. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

i really wish we had the ending vocals from the music video in the album version of Chemtrails’ title track. it would’ve set it off even more

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

I meant to write this down when the news came out, but I was a bit busy that I couldn't quite write my thoughts properly. I was saddened to hear about Lana's grandmother passing away, but I couldn't quite comprehend what she felt right then, or even to this moment, because I myself have no family. To know that somebody has always been there for you, has seen you grow since your birth, and has played a role in your upbringing... just to disappear from the Earth, ceasing to exist all at once. It's something that I can only offer my condolences and I don't know how someone could carry on properly afterwards.  ❤️

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

Lust for Life is a painfully underrated, underestimated, misunderstood & overhated project just because the girl just wanted to dip her toe into a little bit of mainstream while wasn't even sounding mainstream at all.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing