Elle

Lana & Joan Baez cover The New York Times Magazine April 2023 Issue [INTERVIEW]

2 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

Also, that interview makes Joan Baez look like a total asshole. Not her acting like she’s Simon Cowell and people have to audition for her :omfg2:

It's a generational thing. Joan and artists from her era take pride in in-person interactions. It's not like artists nowaday who do collaborations without ever meeting in person. Don't take it too literally, she just wanted to get to know Lana first.

2 hours ago, jaesana said:

I said, “Why? Your audience could be my great-grandchildren.” And she said, “They don’t deserve you.”

omg lana don't be mean to us :teehee:

let's be honest, most of lana's fans don't deserve joan or lana :shh2:

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

22 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I'm pretty sure Lana wanted to record Diamonds and Rust for Chem, along with For Free but Joan would've been like No :usrs:

Maybe it’s on her cover album… But yeah, I thought too that chem would end with Diamonds and Rust because of BB. 

27 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I'm pretty sure Lana wanted to record Diamonds and Rust for Chem, along with For Free but Joan would've been like No :usrs:

she most likely recorded a cover of a Joan Baez song... I don't think Joan would object. Maybe if that covers album ever sees the light of day... :um2:

26 minutes ago, margaret soty said:

she most likely recorded a cover of a Joan Baez song... I don't think Joan would object. Maybe if that covers album ever sees the light of day... :um2:

:toofloppy: likely not.

the snippet of Country Roads was heavenly. 

1 minute ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I'm sorry, but who's Joan Baez? I've heard of her because of Lana, but I have no Idea of what's she's done. 

legendary folk singer from the 60s

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, burthday kake said:

cute photos omg :aw: love the title being a kate bush song too <3

could someone copy n paste or screenshot the article & post it here?  ive tried reading it but it tells me i have to subscribe/pay to do so 

The Kate Bush reference - yes! Try opening the article from the tweet. Let me know!

42 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

So when and where do we buy it..... bc I am pretty indifferent about a cover shared with someone else but I still need it in my collection

I love them both so I would love to buy this issue!

20 minutes ago, the greatest bitch said:

Haven’t had a hula hoop since is was nine

I haven't seen a chicken in a long long time

It's kind of crazy to me how many Lana fans don't realize that Joan is a music legend :horror: Maybe I'm just pretentious or whatever, but she really paved the way for so many women in the industry including Lana. It's insane to me how many Lana fans are completely unaware of her and are so willing to reduce her to "old grandma flop" because they don't know anything about her or her music

imageproxy.jpg