Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

6 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

It's hard to describe what I feel a year after the release of Ocean Blvd. Sure, most of the songs are good, some really good, but the whole album somehow doesn't give me the same as the previous albums, it's her most experimental, I think. Something is missing, but I can't say exactly what it is. Anyway, happy first birthday!  🎈

It’s my least favorite. 

Not ya’ll showing up to a queens birthday party and talking shit about her…:wtf2:

Anyways, happy birthday to Lana’s greatest album that has hits such as The Grants, Ocean Blvd, Sweet, A&W, Candy Necklace, Kintsugi, Grandfather, Let The Light In, and Peppers:oprah9: 

oh shittt its the year anniversary already? im gonna make a long post talking about my thoughts on each track later tomorrow after I sleep cause I love this record so much :smile: truly top 3 moment for sure I think its her most satisfying listen as a long term fan 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Happy bday to her best album <3 :kiss3:
OB has it all & further solidifies her as one of the greatest songwriters :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

“It’s a beautiful life… remember that too for me…” got to examine this woman’s 38 years of living and also the album that birthed the song… ocean blvd i love you

Celebrating this baby’s first anniversary right on the day im confirmed as a Catholic..!

Happy 1st Birthday to my favourite album by my favourite artist wow what a blessing to say that, to have been alive and have it coincide with my life in such a synergistic way. I could go on and on and on about it but Ocean Blvd has been the most satisfying and rewarding gift as a Lipster. After so many years of stanning we are blessed by this radically raw peak of songwriting, a naked exposition of her soul, the most gorgeous sound palette, randomness & humour, peppered with so many treats and some of her best songs ever. Every time with Ocean Blvd still feels like the first time :flutter: Oh Ocean Blvd......you amaze me

oh wow, a year already? i still remember using a japanese VPN to watch candy necklace on youtube a day before release since it hadn't leaked with the rest of the album that week
truly a time

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Oh wow it's been a year? Her most impactful, heartfelt album <3 Singular in its ability to so gently explore the topics of family and life around it

Thank you for writing The Grants, title track, and Fingertips because it's been guiding me through emotionally tough times.

Happy birthday to OB :kiss: My second fave from her… The healing album I didn’t know I needed. There are so many wonderful songs on it, including the title track. I never tire of this album. 

happy birthday to one of the best albums of all time no cap

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Happy first birthday Ocean Blvd... I can very easily say this is my favourite album by Lana.

It's funny but something genuinely shifted when I saw her sing the title track live :flutter: